Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

hong kong divorce lunch posted:

A kid called me a devil worshiper in fifth grade because I brought the ultima 8 strategy guide to school. Had a pentagram on the front

I would read the diablo 2 strategy guide which had DIABLO and flaming demons and also a pentagram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mickey....... you're too late

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Plutonis posted:

I found WoW post-Cataclysm to be better than Vanilla and resubbed for it just before Pandaria

What on earth.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

i used savestates between individual jumps in super mario rpg to get the 100 jump reward

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played, and mostly enjoyed, EVE Online for about 6 years.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
from the ages of like 13 to 15 i used to chat on this avatar based chat called "the palace".

you could save different avatars to different slots that you'd activate by pressing the number keys. people would "Duel" by saving DBZ and other fighting game sprites to various number slots on the keyboard and then click around the chat space hitting numbers to change their avatar and appear to be attacking their opponents.

there were also adult palaces where you could get avatars that were, well, you know, and i saved a few of those to a section of alt+number keys.

one time when i was dueling i accidentally pressed alt in the middle of a fight, and turned into a blonde with large exposed breasts, and pretty much the entire chat room laughed at me. i blamed it on a non-existent little brother, and then logged off of the anime dueling room for a week.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao awesome.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/elfbot/games?complete=1&titletype=Game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

from the ages of like 13 to 15 i used to chat on this avatar based chat called "the palace".

you could save different avatars to different slots that you'd activate by pressing the number keys. people would "Duel" by saving DBZ and other fighting game sprites to various number slots on the keyboard and then click around the chat space hitting numbers to change their avatar and appear to be attacking their opponents.

there were also adult palaces where you could get avatars that were, well, you know, and i saved a few of those to a section of alt+number keys.

one time when i was dueling i accidentally pressed alt in the middle of a fight, and turned into a blonde with large exposed breasts, and pretty much the entire chat room laughed at me. i blamed it on a non-existent little brother, and then logged off of the anime dueling room for a week.

lmao cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was also on the palace and probably got banned from every room in it for racial slurs and disturbing the peace. ah to be a young troll

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

up until bad company 2 i had wallhacks for basically every shooter, then I lost my darknet h4x connect because i realized the guy was a weird psycho. he also showed me SA

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
i have some weird hoarding mentality when it comes to hoarding console games, like I am paranoid there will be a situation where i need every tales game since hearing in 1996 that the unreleased Tales of Phantasia for the SFC/SNES was supposedly a good game. so now I have to buy and store every Tales game, despite me hearing nothing but bad things about them, because i already got the first one. also I have never even played the SNES one yet and still feel this way. i similarly do this with all Harvest Moon games because when the SNES one came out i bought it thinking it would be the type of game i might like. I literally never played it to find out and yet i find the need to have every harvest moon game.

i think it stems from my mentality of "what will I do if in 45 years i want to play this and it's not available?". i think i can confirm my suspicion when i bought TWO sega saturn modchips (they were expensive in 2012; like $60 each) because i had it in my head that if a burglar ever stole my saturn in the year 2037 i wouldn't be able to find a Saturn mod chip and I'd be screwed. keep in mind I have never even really played the saturn; just messed with some games here and there. i pretty much only play zelda, mario kart and smash bros and that's it. i bought skyrim for the switch the day it came out and never even put the cart into my system

i think if I were born 30 years earlier i would have been killed by a stack of old newspapers and VHS tapes crushing me in my sleep by now

hong kong divorce lunch posted:

A kid called me a devil worshiper in fifth grade because I brought the ultima 8 strategy guide to school. Had a pentagram on the front

i had classmates ask me if i was a devil worshipper more than once throughout 1995 for wearing an Onyx (the rap group) t shirt because their song at the time had the line "the devil's inside of me and makes me rob from my own nationality" lol

peeps legit thought devil worshipping was a real religion gaining traction back then lol

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
I have owned and played about a sixty or seventy different turn based rpg games over the years and aside from the pokemon series, I've probably beaten 4 of them.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got to the end of pillars of eternity and realized I hated it but didn't want to post about it and boost the memes about me. i think im cursed

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

i keep buying games because bob suggests them, and then not playing them until he turns around on them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

extremebuff posted:

i got to the end of pillars of eternity and realized I hated it but didn't want to post about it and boost the memes about me. i think im cursed

Elusif posted:

i keep buying games because bob suggests them, and then not playing them until he turns around on them

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Elusif posted:

lmao. when i took a drunk poo poo on enter the gungeon devolver cursed me and it culminated in that e3 presser thats burned into my brain

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

When I was in the 5th grade everyone in my class was really into Final Fantasy 7 and we'd constantly talk about the game and investigate the rumors about reviving Aeris and stuff like that. I was the first one in my class to defeat Emerald Weapon and when no one would believe me I convinced this one kid who was kind of slow to lie and tell everyone that he was over at my house when I did it and he saw me beat him.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I played and enjoyed Killing Floor 1

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

Lmfao

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I played and enjoyed Killing Floor 1

don't let the name fool you, it's not really a floor

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

This isn't even my final form!

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
omg..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

These threads are always a fun ticking time bomb until some lurker wanders in and really blows everybody's minds.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
i had mortal kombat 2 on my Gameboy and one day i got so loving pissed at it, i ripped the game out of the Gameboy and made a big show about trying to destroy the cartridge, screaming the whole time and when i couldn't break it, i meekly tossed it behind the couch and resolved never to think about it again

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

lkmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Yoshi's Story being 30 minutes long and bad had a profound effect on me. It was the first time Nintendo had let me down and I'm not sure I fully recovered.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff posted:

up until bad company 2 i had wallhacks for basically every shooter, then I lost my darknet h4x connect because i realized the guy was a weird psycho. he also showed me SA

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yoshi's Story being 30 minutes long and bad had a profound effect on me. It was the first time Nintendo had let me down and I'm not sure I fully recovered.

I borrow traded it with a kid who moved to New Hampshire immediately for Banjo Kazooie but I always felt bad because it was one of my first N64 games from Santa and I liked the music.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I missed that one lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I remember there was a garry's mod script thing that was essentially a in-game adjustable aimbot tool that VAC wouldn't recognize and I used to play Trouble in Terrorist town but I never used a hack before so my friends were spectating me and I was making gamer grunting noises and trying to play it off like I was really struggling to nail shots with a deagle from like 400 meters but my friend was like Uh... Dude.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also when I was like 15 in Garry's Mod I went on the goon server and I was loving with that HL2 magnum with a scope and I remember being on the ground level and there was this huge high way and I saw some trash can or toilet on the side of it from the ground so I went to try shooting it and then I saw the "Wormskull [toilet icon] Sir Pennycobbles The Cyber Dinosaur" message that meant the object was turned into a physics weapon that killed a goon and they were immediately like "Oh that's just great. I was working on something" in the chat but I kept really quiet and tried to hide in game like I had signed off because I felt bad.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I didn't play a Zelda game until I was 25. It was Twilight Princess. It was good but I probably won't play another one. I don't own a Nintendo console anymore. I had an N64 as a kid but somehow Zelda games weren't on my radar back then.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also the time I played Halo 3 beta from Crackdown with goons and kept whispering "There's stairs in my house" and stuff until a guy shouted "Oh shut the gently caress up already" and I didn't talk for 30 minutes.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Also when I was like 15 in Garry's Mod I went on the goon server and I was loving with that HL2 magnum with a scope and I remember being on the ground level and there was this huge high way and I saw some trash can or toilet on the side of it from the ground so I went to try shooting it and then I saw the "Wormskull [toilet icon] Sir Pennycobbles The Cyber Dinosaur" message that meant the object was turned into a physics weapon that killed a goon and they were immediately like "Oh that's just great. I was working on something" in the chat but I kept really quiet and tried to hide in game like I had signed off because I felt bad.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Also the time I played Halo 3 beta from Crackdown with goons and kept whispering "There's stairs in my house" and stuff until a guy shouted "Oh shut the gently caress up already" and I didn't talk for 30 minutes.