Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mycophobia posted:

the fuzzies in Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy still freak me out. when i was 7 i had to get my dad to beat that level while i left the room

omg yes. theyre loving creepy i did NOT like those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I got halfway through the opening cutscene of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and just put my Switch to sleep in order to read Rabbids lore on the UbiWiki.

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

when modern warfare 1 was at its peak on xbox live, just about every other match had a 15 year old screaming the n word into the mic or calling people gay. that stuff's detestable to me (no poo poo) so i HAD to shut them down in a way that was fun for me and would make my friends crack up. which brings me to my gaming demon, which is that i basically spent all of my free time in 2008 telling teenagers i was going to suck their dads off

Lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Xbox Ambassador posted:

During a sleepover in 5th grade this smelly kid named Aaron called his dad to pick him up when we started playing Resident Evil 2

Lmfao

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

when modern warfare 1 was at its peak on xbox live, just about every other match had a 15 year old screaming the n word into the mic or calling people gay. that stuff's detestable to me (no poo poo) so i HAD to shut them down in a way that was fun for me and would make my friends crack up. which brings me to my gaming demon, which is that i basically spent all of my free time in 2008 telling teenagers i was going to suck their dads off

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

*customized ankle bracelet starts beeping the Smash Bros character select screen music* Yeah, I’m thinking I’m back.

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh yeah goferchan I forgot to reply to your post about ZZT but I hung out in ZZT IRC when I was in middle/high school too. Wonder if we crossed paths back then...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just remember a lot of monkey cheese humor and like typing out Marilyn Manson lyrics because I thought it would make me seem cool.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oh yeah goferchan I forgot to reply to your post about ZZT but I hung out in ZZT IRC when I was in middle/high school too. Wonder if we crossed paths back then...

Almost definitely lol . What was your sn?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I just remember a lot of monkey cheese humor and like typing out Marilyn Manson lyrics because I thought it would make me seem cool.

So just like discord now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Almost definitely lol . What was your sn?

I don’t know if I want to say because it was my real name backwards lol. What was yours

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I don’t know if I want to say because it was my real name backwards lol. What was yours

Dracula has joined the chat.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

In Training posted:

Lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

lol, holy poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmfao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I bought some of the Sonic 2006 dlc in 2016 simply because it was called "Very Hard" mode.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I got a free trial of Everquest for a month but our computer wouldn't play it for some reason, so I spent that month talking in the Everquest chat rooms and have still never played the game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I bought some of the Sonic 2006 dlc in 2016 simply because it was called "Very Hard" mode.

jesus

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

lfmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I got halfway through the opening cutscene of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and just put my Switch to sleep in order to read Rabbids lore on the UbiWiki.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol same as here.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
ive never beaten a soul game or a final fantasy or planescape

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Used a game shark to beat FF8 and parasite eve

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

During the 120 star challenge, I used save states to practice the wall jump blue coins on rainbow ride.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Maybe this isn't bad but I played ESPN 2K5 on PS2 for the entirety of middle school/half of high school constantly role playing the possibility of me being drafted as a defensive end/wide reciever and so on well past getting completely out of shape and having no ambitions to actually play real life football ever again, to the point of spending hours every few days simulating the number of seasons it would take for me to, in the future, be drafted to the Raiders and sometimes the Falcons, and sometimes the Cardinals, since you can edit draft rosters, where I made myself a Modest 78-80 skill rookie.

Was rereading the thread to see if I missed anything and this reminded me that in middle school I made custom characters of all the girls I had a crush on in NBA Street Vol. 2 and beat the single player like 4 times to make their stats maxed out. I never told anybody about it until my friends were over and we started playing and I forgot the custom characters just get dropped into a Custom Team slot on the selection menu and everybody gave me poo poo about it for 2+ years.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never played a Final Fantasy and feel like I missed a lot of gaming references.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

P-Mack posted:

During the 120 star challenge, I used save states to practice the wall jump blue coins on rainbow ride.
I know how to do these because of Electrical Beast, the Jolteon of Let's Play.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
im mario agnostic

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I know how to do these because of Electrical Beast, the Jolteon of Let's Play.

The Jontron of Let's Play

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Was rereading the thread to see if I missed anything and this reminded me that in middle school I made custom characters of all the girls I had a crush on in NBA Street Vol. 2 and beat the single player like 4 times to make their stats maxed out. I never told anybody about it until my friends were over and we started playing and I forgot the custom characters just get dropped into a Custom Team slot on the selection menu and everybody gave me poo poo about it for 2+ years.

phew

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The more time goes on the more I realize how mediocre Persona 5 was. Could've been my own hype, but alas,

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The more time goes on the more I realize how mediocre Persona 5 was. Could've been my own hype, but alas,

I never finished it :(

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

during the peak of the original pokemon craze one my mum was talking to one of her friends on the phone about getting me one of the games and she kept calling it pocahontas. to this day i still get irrationally mad when i think about it