Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Barreft posted:

I don't think anyone's actually hating on Braun winning. I love Braun. It's just he's always a badass, they could book him to wrestle Lesnar tmw on RAW and win the title and I'd believe it.

basically. the "guy who can destroy anyone whenever" doesn't need the money in the bank thing. like, sorry, i like braun and all but cmon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh poo poo, here's Victory Road

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

...they're allowed to say TNA? They're allowed to show TNA? Are they gonna show the Sting match?

They had the Final Deletion in the promo for this doc

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
This should be mandatory viewing for every upcoming wrestler. It's unbelievable that this is WWE produced. I don't think this has ever been talked about this way.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Dango Bango posted:

Remember Bayley?

Yeah and I knew they were gonna gently caress her up.
I just didnt know how bad they would.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo, even showing Bischoff giving instructions for taking the match home early

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Samoa Joe: Former TNA Star

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo, even showing Bischoff giving instructions for taking the match home early

This is insane :stare:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Guys this is somewhat more honest than a WWE documentary usually is

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dango Bango posted:

Remember Bayley?

yeah, she loving sucks

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

CarlCX posted:

I am actively hating on Braun winning because he gains absolutely nothing from having the briefcase.

Well yeah I'm saying he gains nothing. I'm against it, it's stupid. I just don't hate it, baffled might be the best word?

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013
this is insanely raw and it's very very good

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
this documentary is better than the PPV

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jeep posted:

this is insanely raw and it's very very good

You're going to confuse everyone :v:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Good God even though I remember watching it all unfold in sickening slow-motion, it's still horrifying to see how these two were super hosed up

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Good God even though I remember watching it all unfold in sickening slow-motion, it's still horrifying to see how these two were super hosed up

It's 100% more jarring seeing the actual footage and behind the scenes stuff

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

shiksa posted:

basically. the "guy who can destroy anyone whenever" doesn't need the money in the bank thing. like, sorry, i like braun and all but cmon.

I should've added an extra sentence saying he doesn't need the MITB at all. That's what I meant by he can show up tmw on RAW and beat Lesnar, without the MITB, and I'd completely be down with it.

My post was kinda vague looking back at it

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Matt was on bath salts :stare:

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

It's 100% more jarring seeing the actual footage and behind the scenes stuff

Jeff falling asleep on camera a year before really puts Victory Road into perspective.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WWE openly admitting to wrestlers having steroids :stare:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

CapnAndy posted:

Matt was on bath salts :stare:

Broken universe origins

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh Jesus, Matt :stare:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The PPV was good, this is GREAT. Holy poo poo.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Infidel Castro posted:

Congrats WWE, you just made my roommate say gently caress this to his WWE Network sub and sign up for NJPW World instead.
i resubbed for takeover and watched tonight's show because i had beers leftover but it felt good to hit the cancel button once it was over knowing that i won't need to pay attention to the product again until the night before summerslam.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

With all the focus on Jeff's issues, I had no idea Matt was probably even worse :aaa:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

With all the focus on Jeff's issues, I had no idea Matt was probably even worse :aaa:
I remember the dumb suicide note tweets but I thought he was just being an rear end in a top hat, this is somewhat harrowing viewing.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

I remember the dumb suicide note tweets but I thought he was just being an rear end in a top hat, this is somewhat harrowing viewing.

I remember that phase in WWE where he gained all the weight too (he had an absurdly bad hernia I think?), and in hindsight it's hard to imagine how low he probably was at that point.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

drat, they skipped Matt's ROH run

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

omg they're showing final deletion?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Professor Funk posted:

omg they're showing final deletion?

WITH THE GWN LOGO :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please show The Rock n Roll Express in the cherrypicker!

Edit: Oh my God the kangaroo fight :lol:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I had never seen the kangaroo fight, that owns

the fact that this is basically just two brothers dicking around together makes it so much better (and very heartwarming)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
How did wwe get the rights to all of this?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

How did wwe get the rights to all of this?

Spending that Saudi cash

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I wonder if they'll show any ROH footage, including that Young Bucks ladder match?

Edit: Nope!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

that might be the ugliest sweatshirt i've ever seen that jeff is wearing

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I wonder if they'll show any ROH footage, including that Bucks of Youth ladder match?

Edit: Nope!

I'm bummed they skipped all the ROH stuff. Oh well.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

I'm bummed they skipped all the ROH stuff. Oh well.

They don't want to show any competition

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They were able to make a deal with TNA, ROH they might be able to if they wanted but it's much less likely they want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They don't want to show any competition

But they showed all that TNA st.... oh right! :sweatdrop:

• Locked thread