Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Zzr posted:

I call that Beet is Dolvak and he single handedly began this reddit war.

gently caress dude, I wish. I'm nowhere near clever enough to purposefully gently caress up /r/starcitizen as bad as Dolvak has hosed it up accidentally lol.

The funniest thing about that subreddit eating itself is that they could fix it so easily by just choosing a philosophy and sticking with it. You wanna be the "tough but fair" guys? Cool, start probating everybody who posts "star citizen is a scam" and everybody that whines about Derek Smart or GOONS. You wanna be the "fight your own fight" guys? Cool, come up with a list of hard rules that will earn you a ban and only enforce those. But they can't/won't do it because they've been kowtowing to the /r/dereksmart crew too long to stop now, and either option would enrage the idiots who want protection from and free license to talk poo poo about goons.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Citadel?

Can we buy that in Star Citizen?

Holy poo poo, a station that can shoot laser beams? The gently caress happened to the game?

We need this in Star Citizen.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/9Dip5HB.gifv

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I'm probably stranded somewhere and will probably die trying to fly back to [cloud] imperium space.

Atons still valid? I feel like a fking noob.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wait so we did destroy Star Citizen after all?

Neat!

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

I had the misfortune of clicking one of the links to Dolvak's twitter feed. The first thing I noticed is this....

:yikes:

This just feels super weird to me.... and yes I tried to google what a touch bucket is. Google does not even know. What I do know is the combination of that picture and banner with a rusty bucket with a hole in the side creeps me out.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Nunes posted:

I had the misfortune of clicking one of the links to Dolvak's twitter feed. The first thing I noticed is this....

:yikes:

This just feels super weird to me.... and yes I tried to google what a touch bucket is. Google does not even know. What I do know is the combination of that picture and banner with a rusty bucket with a hole in the side creeps me out.

The guy has preemptively blocked me on Twitter. Cultural victory.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

don't touch bucket

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

no_recall posted:

gently caress this crossover has me wanted to resub to EVE. My ships are still staged in the last Goonswarm move. Where are we now staged now btw?

This is like dating your ex, don't do it man.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

That bluegoblin guy should go to the FD forums and tell all those people who post negative stuff constantly that they should shut up. I always get told by them they are negative because they want the game to succeed. There are some original (kickstarter) backers of ED that start their morning with a good whine, building up to the main whine of the day, before settling down into a low level grumpy whine in the evening.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Zaphod42 posted:

But since the only real "game" right now IS jerking each other off on the forums, disrupting that does actually stall "development" aka the hyping and selling of jpgs.

Star Citizen: it will be finished in two wanks

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

There's something so beautiful and poetic in this shitfight.

So many of the early backers seemed to be doing it explicitly for a safe space game where they wouldn't get harassed by goons, and now in the late-stages of the "game" they're being harassed by everyone else in EVE.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVSiexSdUHg

Listening to this while at work. Sounds like a Chris Roberts wet fantasy.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Gamesguy posted:

I'll just play Warframe Star Citizen then.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Beet Wagon posted:

Don't be a psycho tia

Drunk posting is not normally my thing.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

This isn't even theorycrafting any more - this is the fanbase assuming Star Citizen works like a Tulpa

It's also how the community has become an active part of the scam. By talking about their "game" anywhere and everywhere, in every context possible, it makes it look to the uninformed person as if Star Citizen is an actual thing that exists.

That Tulpa thing is rather... disturbing :ohdear:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Bofast posted:

That Tulpa thing is rather... disturbing :ohdear:

What is a Tulpa? posted:

Tulpas are not malicious unless you really mess up during the creation process and treat your tulpa in a way that makes them utterly hate you—and even then, a tulpa can’t really do you much harm. Tulpas aren’t self-imposed schizophrenia or whatever other mental illness you might be thinking of. You won’t go crazy, and you won’t have random hallucinations; it’s all perfectly safe and fun. Please look at the phenomenon rationally, and consider that you have plenty of control over your mind and what happens in it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

oh cool the absolutely insane website says its all totally fine and safe

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

XK posted:

I know I'm the only one pushing the angle of Russian or whatever troll farms for hire being in play, but I'm convinced there is something to it. Even if it's just a small time op with a tiny handful of actors, something is going on. I can just smell it.

If I'm correct, I wonder what they are being told to say, and what direction they are being given.

I don't see many Russian tweets but maybe they spell "Star Citizen" differently. Today I saw this though:

https://twitter.com/_Game2Day_/status/1008664068033597440
"Between Star Citizen and EVE Online fans broke the conflict because of the copied ship - Translated from Russian"

Link leads to an unrelated article. I'm thinking automation mistake but you're free to look into it further.

Edit: They probably meant to link to here.

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jun 18, 2018

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Nyast posted:

Actually Star Citizen is already one of the most expensive video game budgets ever, all categories, all genres included.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop

Currently sitting at #4 in total cost.

The top 3 are:

- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: 285 M$
- GTA V: 278 M$
- Star Wards: TOR: 218+ M$

Now, that includes marketing costs. Hard to say how much of SC is marketing vs development. Call of Duty's number looks insane, but only $50M of it was used for development..

Scam Citizen will surpass all those one day. Around alpha patch Fifty-two point nine

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Star Citizen: Shame your balls didn't grow that big.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:argh:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

no_recall posted:

gently caress this crossover has me wanted to resub to EVE. My ships are still staged in the last Goonswarm move. Where are we now staged now btw?

Well done Agent no_recall, the eve players have broken cover and can be tagged for further reference.

Also, it’s a trap, you won Eve once.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Gamesguy posted:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

There's something so beautiful and poetic in this shitfight.

So many of the early backers seemed to be doing it explicitly for a safe space game where they wouldn't get harassed by goons, and now in the late-stages of the "game" they're being harassed by everyone else in EVE.

If there was a hint, a sniff, a mere soupcon of a mention of the ability to grief, Eve goons would be all over the game to forestall the drat boredom of the second job in Eve. I remember playing transformice between fleet actions and during musters and patrols. Some people multi-box plexes, but seriously, like death and taxes, Goons are an inevitability in released games with actual mechanics.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Star Citizen: Shame your balls didn't grow that big.

Is it not the fashion to report shitlords on Twitter, or is the MO just poison pen letters all the time?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Bayonnefrog posted:

Scam Citizen will surpass all those one day. Around alpha patch Fifty-two point nine

Yeah but the first 184 million didn't count since they had to build the company first. So truthfully they created the alpha with just a couple of millions. This is good for Star Citizen.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Star Citizen: I've sucked a dick or two

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

I am pretty sure I know someone who is so racist that he married a minority so he could get a free pass but sucking dick for one seems extreme.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

neonbregna posted:

I am pretty sure I know someone who is so racist that he married a minority so he could get a free pass but sucking dick for one seems extreme.

You know Milo Yiannopolous?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

IncredibleIgloo posted:

You know Milo Yiannopolous?

First laugh of the morning.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Someone tweet the last photo to Dolvak and tell him he's an idiot and should apologize to the r/eve mods.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Someone anonymously PM Dolvak and tell him that we ARE the EvE mods and EvE always has been part of Derek Smart's anti-SC conspiracy.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Someone anonymously PM Dolvak and tell him that we ARE the EvE mods and EvE always has been part of Derek Smart's anti-SC conspiracy.

Well, we are the CCP corporate board. Some people only read that fake internet history of grand old instituions and dead, gay comedy forums.

Fark was originally CIA. True story.

Edit: I know that someone will call my mod verified credentials into question, but there are Federal record retention policies, which is why Something Awful is archived by the Library of Congress, along with Fark and the Mossad operation known as Slashdot. There's a whole NOFORN thing going on there, so B3TA gets swept up as well in a situation that's really untidy. It's one of the reasons that you can never use the phrase 'I need to defend my pumpkins {{TEST_USE_TAG_NOFOLLOW}}'.

That's as much as I'm willing to say in a closed forum section.

Hav fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 18, 2018

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Star Citizer: I've sucked a dick or two, so actually I think I'll say whatever I want, thanks.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Young Freud posted:

Welcome Brigader

Great Leader Has Lied

Star Citizen Must Fall

Here Is Your Contract

I dig this reference

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Inkel posted:

Star Citizen: I've sucked a dick or two

Beat me to it

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A commando finds out why it's called Store Citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

"imagine what ccp would do with Eve with 200mil"

Three words Walking in Stations

lol