Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I honestly think they're just gonna do a human realms pack. I mean, Dogs of War covers three somewhat major areas in the ME world (Sartosa, Tilea/Estalia/Border Princes, New World Colonies) that have very, very out of place Empire folks. I didn't know the Border Princes were so happy to revere Sigmar and set up churches in his name complete with warrior priests!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I would be really happy to have vampire pirates in vortex.

Hell I'd be happy with them releasing DLC that was just a faction unlocker for vortex.

5 dollars to play as minor vortex factions? Yah, sure. I'd do that.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It was just the main SFO dude who was a nazi, he stepped down.

Don’t worry though, there’s plenty of nazis left in the TW community! Check out TWC’s political and philosophical boards if you ever want to become a heavy drinker.

Vampire Coast seems so unlikely since their only faction is Teclis’ starter punching bag.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Incorporating a playable clan skryre in Skavenblight would be a good dlc, cause none of the skaven start locations are that tempting.
I just want pillage the Empire, Bretonnia and the Dwarfs without having to fight lizard men, elf’s and undead.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Steel Faith is post-Nazi now. Now its West Germany.

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013
I've had no hype for the Southern Realms but the more I think about it the more excited I get. They are in such a good place on the ME map, in the thick of it all. I don't think there is any faction that they wouldn't be fighting from there, possibly Dark Elf or Norsca but even then its not a long trek if you compare it to like Kroq-gar ever fighting Dark Elves.

They haven't hinted at any date yet right? I don't care about the historical TW games but I can see their schedule avoiding releasing anything at the same time as them which is fairly soon no? After the summer or something?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

give me my east german mod

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

give me my east german mod

Build times for units are excruciatingly long, but you're pretty much guaranteed to get your Temple Guard in a Trabant eventually.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I nominate Radious for HRE because it’s a bloated incomprehensible mess but came first

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

This whole monstrous secret thing is probably the Kharyibdiss but drat are they dragging it out.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
I sure hope it's something more interesting than "hydra, but different"

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I finally got around to playing a Skarsnik campaign in mortal empire. Since I've never done this before. Should I just rush mount gunbad? I want to get out of this lovely starting spot.

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Boris Todbringer might be a bit op at the moment- handily won a 2v2 where the end was just boris vs like 5 units of dwarves/wood elves

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
Boris in mulitplayer is at his best towards the end of the match due to his regen and debuffs, so he's great for finishing off the remnants of the opposing army. His only drawback is that he doesn't have Bloodroar on his griffon, so I sometimes pair Boris with an Amber Wizard's Griffon for the full package.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Jarvisi posted:

I finally got around to playing a Skarsnik campaign in mortal empire. Since I've never done this before. Should I just rush mount gunbad? I want to get out of this lovely starting spot.

There are many ways to play it, and just see what works well with you.

I prefer to have a strong lord with lots of red line for night goblins before I go in since I find it funny.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I assume skaven and lizardmen regiments of renown are coming in the next DLC, though it seems odd to me that skaven would have any, they don't seem the type to have better "heroic" squads, do they have anything like that on tabletop?

The most well known one is the Albino Council Guard, which are essentially souped up stormvermin that act as bodyguards for the council at skavenblight. They're white furred, taciturn, and completely loyal to the grey seers.
Fangsnapper's Clawpack is clanrat unit affiliated with Clan Mors, they like collecting teeth, and don't have much else going beyond being noted for being the best clanrats around.
Another Mors standout is Queek's Crimson Guard, who are represented in the TT by being extra hardcore stormvermin you can bring if you take Queek. Yet again, not much special aside from being handpicked by the most fight happy rat in skavendom.
Yet another pack of elite stormvermin comes from Clan Rictus, with a very unique name of Deathvermin, aka the Black Death, to go with the unique concept. They keep getting sent on suicide missions and prove their incompetence and malevolence by murdering everything they get matched against instead.
Blightskab of Clan Septik commands his own pack... called Blightskab's Clawpack. They're essentially plague monks that are extra dirty and are particularly dedicated to the art of being super gross.
The Hellbeast of Seep-Gore is an extra nasty hellpit abomination commissioned by Clan Gritus to murder Clan Mors. Probably could have invested that money better, fellas.
Skurry-stabbers are a unit of some vareity of ninja rat belong to Clan Treecherik. They're very good at lethal acts of treachery, so much so they've not killed anything outside their clan for several years.
The Turntails of Clan Vrrtkin are immense cowards; their ability to survive countless battles with few casualties was mistaken for ability, and thus, they've been granted the best weapon teams for covering their many retreats.

e: There's quite a few more but a lot of them are introduced during the end times and are thus shameful

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 18, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Stormfiends were cool

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

JBP posted:

What are the primo mods now? Specifically for Norsca and Empire ME campaigns.

I don’t love the excess of units and rebalancing in SFO but some of the campaign mechanics are really fresh and interesting, so I like to use The Empire and The Skaven both by Zarkis. The Empire one adds some more mechanics to Empire campaigns and lets you keep the Empire from internally feuding (makes more interesting games for evil factions imho) while the Skaven gives a general buff to skaven factions and gives them a chance to spontaneously occupy ruins, among other things.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

Total Ham 1 is 50% off at IndieGala, and 5 of the DLCs are 33% off. You get an extra 15% off if you buy it through RAZER's payment system.

Lugubrious!
Jun 12, 2001

Anyone else having the Empire go ham in their games now? Two Mortal Empires games now since Norsca dropped where they've taken over the entire old world. They're splitting it with Bretonnia in my current game, who have conquered all of Norsca...

I'm running that "The Empire" mod, but I usually tell it to let the provinces squabble at the beginning of the game.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Uganda Loves Me posted:

Total Ham 1 is 50% off at IndieGala, and 5 of the DLCs are 33% off. You get an extra 15% off if you buy it through RAZER's payment system.

do you need all the TWWH dlc for ME dlc in W2 or just the base game?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

do you need all the TWWH dlc for ME dlc in W2 or just the base game?
The content of the DLC will be in there regardless of whether you own. In order to play as a DLC race and/or get DLC units, you need the DLC.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Dandywalken posted:

Build times for units are excruciatingly long, but you're pretty much guaranteed to get your Temple Guard in a Trabant eventually.

Oh god, you just reminded me there's some 'survival' mod out there that basically does this. It makes construction and research much slower. I guess for the people that really like waiting for the AI to take their turn.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lugubrious! posted:

Anyone else having the Empire go ham in their games now? Two Mortal Empires games now since Norsca dropped where they've taken over the entire old world. They're splitting it with Bretonnia in my current game, who have conquered all of Norsca...

I'm running that "The Empire" mod, but I usually tell it to let the provinces squabble at the beginning of the game.

If I had to guess, Karak Kadrin might be giving the Vampire Counts more of a fight, keeping them from running roughshod all over the eastern elector counts

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
In my Empire game, Karak Kadrin hosed up the Vampires bad until the Greenskin deathball eventually got to them. As you can surmise, this made my consolidation of the western regions much easier.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I have started to play as vampire counts with the goal to get to nagashs pyramid. Instead I am in greenskin hellwar where dwarves are +350 with me since greenskins keep sending armies of 7 giants and 3 arty at me.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I quite enjoy those late-game greenskin armies full of giants and trolls. I don't think I'd like them as vampires, though, you can't suffocate them in arrows!

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

jokes posted:

I quite enjoy those late-game greenskin armies full of giants and trolls. I don't think I'd like them as vampires, though, you can't suffocate them in arrows!

Blood knights kinda hilariously poo poo all over them from what I remember.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I'd rather fight Giants and Trolls than Black Orcs and Doom Divers. The former get annihilated by Handguns and are easily tied up with infantry, the latter require your complete attention at all times.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Why do my grudge throwers randomly refuse to shoot and instead run forward and attempt to melee their target?

It's really annoying.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
It used to be work fine, but then they thought it would be a good idea to make missile units move towards their target if they are obstructed. They were supposed to have fixed it in this patch. Try putting your artillery into guard mode.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Ever since the patch I've only ever had that in sieges, in which case that yeah, artillery sighting in sieges is still kinda hosed.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
How do I get these damned lizardmen to confederate with me? I'm Mazdamundi and I'm very popular with lizards. Friendship ratings at 150 and up but not one of them will confederate. Not even the one with one city and no armies at all. He wouldn't do it with a 33 thousand gold prize added in.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

SuperKlaus posted:

How do I get these damned lizardmen to confederate with me? I'm Mazdamundi and I'm very popular with lizards. Friendship ratings at 150 and up but not one of them will confederate. Not even the one with one city and no armies at all. He wouldn't do it with a 33 thousand gold prize added in.

Declare a war on somebody stronk on the other side of the planet, call in your lizzy friend, then peace out.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

SuperKlaus posted:

A 100 thousand gold prize will probably work. More seriously, if you don't want to bankrupt yourself, do what this guy

Cynic Jester posted:

Declare a war on somebody stronk on the other side of the planet, call in your lizzy friend, then peace out.

says.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jum-Jum posted:

They haven't hinted at any date yet right? I don't care about the historical TW games but I can see their schedule avoiding releasing anything at the same time as them which is fairly soon no? After the summer or something?

As far as I know they will announce another Rome 2 DLC and the Blood & Gore for Thrones of Britannia (in July) before we get anything on the next TWW 2 DLC, according to the latest dev blog.

Relevant quotes.

quote:

[...]
It’s going to be ready this summer (most likely July) and we’re planning to make it available for free to players that already own Blood & Burning for Attila. We’ll release more details on it closer to the time, along with a more general update on future plans for the game.

[...]

As for what we’re up to next: what we can say is that we’re working on the next campaign pack for Total War: WARHAMMER II, but it’s a little while off yet.

[...]

As we mentioned in the last blog, we’re currently working on a big feature as the free content update for the next campaign pack for Total War: ROME II, which we’ll be opening for a public beta once we’ve announced the content of our new campaign pack. This helps us to ensure that we’re giving all of you the chance to get hands-on with a new feature that will affect the entirety of ROME II’s Grand Campaign. We’ll be sharing more on this very soon…

So don't expect anything before August, I guess, since they mentioned the rough period for the other two releases.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
DLC for Rome2? Is that them throwing a bone to the history-crowd or does that game really still have big playerbase?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Raygereio posted:

DLC for Rome2? Is that them throwing a bone to the history-crowd or does that game really still have big playerbase?

Yeah. In fact Rome 2 will have received more DLC content than TWW2 did since the latter's release last year. CA bought a whole studio in Bulgaria when Crytek fell apart, and have set them on making content for the older historical games.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Rome 2 rivals Warhammer 2 for existing players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

sometimes i think i should get rome 2 and then i remember i hate basically everything about it