Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah that's what's confusing me. I thought it was his enemy bur then they mention he's an error from when Urek's clear data copy failed

Basically the mirror couldn't copy Urek perfectly because Urek too strong. So it failed, and Urek got pissed and kicked the crap out of it which led to a bunch of other stuff. And Urek's sworn enemy is him but not perfect. But his sworn enemy also agrees that an imperfect Urek is UNACCEPTABLE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so its just the sworn enemy now which is the failed urek? I've just been letting it slide since ultimately it doesn't matter too much

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Jose posted:

so its just the sworn enemy now which is the failed urek? I've just been letting it slide since ultimately it doesn't matter too much

Correct, but because its a copy of himself, its as strong as he is... or well as strong as the data world can manage to create since urek is too strong to be calculated.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
The mirror can only be so powerful. It is still just an item created within the limits of the Tower. It can't be powerful enough to replicate Urek's strength because that would make it more powerful than Urek.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-306/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=387

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
Well you beat me. Holy poo poo though.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

This chapter really makes you appreciate how hard Rachel works.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Hypocrisy posted:

This chapter really makes you appreciate how hard Rachel works.

Oh

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jun 18, 2018

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I kind of just want to see Kid Jahad and Eduan and all the crew climbing the tower for the first time right now.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I kind of just want to see Kid Jahad and Eduan and all the crew climbing the tower for the first time right now.

Should totally have them survive and start going up on their own just to go punch their future selves for being dumb.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I feel like either everyone makes it out of Data-town (or at least everyone with a name) or nobody does.

And if nobody does, that'd include ManGator :(

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I forget some of the rules of this place but is it "die in the game, die for real" ?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Yes

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I was going to say RIP Yura but I guess that was someone else (the big breeder who wanted to be loved by Yura's mother).

Some/many of the plot threads in this thing are hard to keep track of.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If it wasn't for the gender I would have thought that was Yura because I've completely forgotten the existence of whatever character it actually is.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
I was just looking back on Webtoons app, and the first chapter with "Hell Train" in the title (long before they actually boarded the train), went up in July of 2014. I'm ready to get off the train and get the plot moving, hopefully the appearance of Jahad means that this arc is finally wrapping up.

Edit: It was apparently also the first new post on WEBTOON vs the amateur translation, every former chapter went up in June of 2014 on the app.

Silynt fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 18, 2018

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Silynt posted:

I was just looking back on Webtoons app, and the first chapter with "Hell Train" in the title (long before they actually boarded the train), went up in July of 2014. I'm ready to get off the train and get the plot moving, hopefully the appearance of Jahad means that this arc is finally wrapping up.

Edit: It was apparently also the first new post on WEBTOON vs the amateur translation, every former chapter went up in June of 2014 on the app.

Considering this is the bonus level for clearing the train successfully, and its about to be destroyed, then we should be good.

Will Data Urek fight IMPRESSION OF JAHADS POWER?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jesus christ but jahad is extremely hosed in the head what an annoying piece of poo poo god

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!

Shugojin posted:

Jesus christ but jahad is extremely hosed in the head what an annoying piece of poo poo god

I've read the spoiler raws and (nothing specific) he actually does something even more crazy in the next few chapters.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Hodgepodge posted:

I've read the spoiler raws and (nothing specific) he actually does something even more crazy in the next few chapters.

But does Baam get even more powerups

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!

Brownieftw posted:

But does Baam get even more powerups

Actual spoiler, but cool: No, but believe it or not, Wangnan does.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Hodgepodge posted:

Actual spoiler, but cool: No, but believe it or not, Wangnan does.
:allears:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wangnan is a cool dude who is basically like Baam if Baam was a guy you actually wanted to hang out with.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I didn't realise we were slightly behind

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Jose posted:

Me either, I hope there won't be a lot of future chapter talk. I look forward to ToG too much every week to look at raws.

The temptation right now is fierce though

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Jose posted:

Webtoon, the site, does that all the time. They refuse to even actively translate some raws until they have entire seasons of backlog to push out one chapter a week for some reason. It can sometimes get so bad that they have the audacity to call Dr. Frost completed despite being only 2 "seasons" done, because the raw for season 3 isn't finished. Stuff that a lot of people read isn't quite that bad though - as far as I can tell, Noblesse and DICE are only a month or so behind, for example.

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
I couldnt resist and read them. Its worth noting that the chapters are pretty rough quality and you have to read the crappy translation on a separate sheet. From what I hear they sometimes are not final either.

Also all I want to do is talk about them and its painful to be silent.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!
The raws are from a premium fancafe subscription service, as I understand it. The English releases are caught up to Naver.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yes, that was my understanding as well. Naver has a service that it provides for its premium customers that allow them to read the story two to three chapters ahead of non paying customers as a privilege. I figured that's what the raw talk was about. As far as I knew, we're only 1 day behind the general Korean audience on "new" ToG chapters.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-307/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=388

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I suppose we're supposed to think he's going to kill Baam. Killing Yuri for finding out about the 13 month's secrets seems reasonable too.

Anyway, it's nice for someone not Baam to get something cool that isn't a big fish.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

What if its Rachel that needs a killing?[

Also was she reverting back to normal as she ran for her life?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Young Jahad rules, eat poo poo Rachel.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Young Jahad is good and it's going to be interesting to see how he went from a fun adventurer to King poo poo, I like him chastising his older self for not accepting challenges like he's supposed to.

There's so many concurrent plots though I can't remember half of what people are doing or where they are and I only recently binged the whole thing

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Most plotlines seem to be swirling around the central idea that Jahad stopping his climb unfinished has basically left the entire Tower stagnating and a lot of the secondary cast want to see things shook up and progress resumed.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

For sure, I might actually reread the whole Hidden Floor from scratch. I think reading it for the first time I blasted through it too fast because it was so exciting. This week for example with Wangnan and the sword I'd completely forgotten where and what he was up to and that Karaka and Yuri are duking it out. Also which mirrors are doing what and where.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

For sure, I might actually reread the whole Hidden Floor from scratch. I think reading it for the first time I blasted through it too fast because it was so exciting. This week for example with Wangnan and the sword I'd completely forgotten where and what he was up to and that Karaka and Yuri are duking it out. Also which mirrors are doing what and where.

I wonder if the hidden floor operates at the same time scale as the outside as well. I think not because otherwise Yuri and Karaka would have been trading haymakers for over a month at this point.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

AtomikKrab posted:

Also was Rachel reverting back to normal as she ran for her life?
Yeah, I saw that too. To make sense of it, I assumed that pure data (including her avatar) was getting deleted, and then anything that's not pure data would die once the data supporting their life.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

That was some ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I read that, Awwww poo poo

So the stingray stole everyone else and the bracelet as well?