Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

AndyElusive posted:

watched as my first charged swing just tickled the front line of a Chaos mob. :doh:

Working as intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

What's funny is the servers are crashing because people are asking for poo poo from them so much--know what would fix a good 70% of that traffic? If you could tell the server you wanted a certain set of traits and the server would tell you how much dust it rerolled to get those traits. You'd turn 200 server queries into a single query and not spend hours trying to reroll poo poo.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Willie Tomg posted:

Always be playing the highest difficulty you can manage with your power level. Every difficulty teaches bad habits the next higher difficulty is gonna painfully beat out of you whether you're level 3 or 30, so you may as well get on with the learning.

School of hard knocks is probably the best advice. I only play Legend these days, and I probably should have switched earlier. My team wipes about half the time, but the games are more fun and more challenging. Plus my Kruber looks like a badass now, with his legend outfit and closed helmet.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Fixed Slayer Bardin from having his secondary Melee option from being unequipped as a result of the equipment verification process introduced in 1.1.0.4

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking
Now the secondary game of finding the three random things they broke by fixing one thing IS AFOOT!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

No I don't want to play Hunger in the Dark yet a loving gain what the gently caress is wrong with you game. Put in some kind of level veto, or a cooldown for levels just played. It'd be alright if it wasn't every other game hunger in the loving dark.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
The RNG does seem kinda screwed up there lately. Hunger In The Dark comes up as much now as Skittergate used to, before.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I like hunger in the dark. Its short and straightforward. I dislike Athel yenlui the most out of all maps, followed closely by Warcamp.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
War Camp is the most boring map, just lame, and I groan audibly every time we have to push the ram. I don't mind Hunger in the Dark, mostly because it's really cramped and easy to kill stuff, but I'm sick of pushing the cart around.

Quite frankly I'm sick of all the gimmick poo poo that makes me stand still or do something stupid. I want to throw barrels at the Magnus gate again, or carry barrels to destroy stuff. Not wait to loving destroy stuff. Vermintide 2 is just full of antagonistic stuff like this.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Fort Battenburg is the worst for this, some poor bastard has to really slowly turn a cannon while everyone else gets to kill rats.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I love Verm

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I discovered a cool thing with Kruber's 1H sword: for some reason, apart from also slicing heads and limbs off with a satisfying sound, its heavy swings also send enemies flying. This thing kinda owns.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

he developer, verm 2 good

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 19, 2018

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Fishstick posted:

he developer, verm 2 good

But

the

the talent

heroic...the...goddammit :cripes:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I've seen games where supposedly literally no one had a save, that actually happens a lot

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

I've seen games where supposedly literally no one had a save, that actually happens a lot

AFAIK in V2 it literally only counts if you kill a hookrat or gutter runner while they're on someone.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Fishstick posted:

AFAIK in V2 it literally only counts if you kill a hookrat or gutter runner while they're on someone.

it only counts if you non lethally shove a disabler off an ally.

the real objection here is not that it was cut philosophically, it's that mechanics are still in that rely on it. heroic intervention is a completely and utterly useless orange trait because saves were cut.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Even then it's somehow bugged, I've seen it happen often that it only shows you killing the special.

The associated talent is completely useless

e: oh I guess your intervention can't be lethal because ???

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lmao how :fatshark: of them

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I would have felt at least slightly better about heroic intervention if the answer was “aiding is broken but intended to work” and not “we copied the trait but not the system it depends on to work”

And that’s going into the console versions right now :fatshark:

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Digirat posted:

And that’s going into the console versions right now :fatshark:

Working as intended.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

what the loving gently caress man?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I knew they took out aidings a long time ago, I kept saying that, but I never actually asked myself why or the reason behind it.

But no, it was 'unreliable' and 'spammed' ? No it wasn't. That's patently false. In fact, if there was any merit to the part about it being spammed, guess what? IT'S BECAUSE OF YOUR hosed UP PATHING SYSTEM. Nothing to do with the aiding itself, but your broken rear end Chaos faction.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
How does one even spam the aid system?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

There was only one way to do it in Vermintide 1, and by proxy V2. If a poo poo load of enemies were climbing up near a player and you just attacked them it would spam. Sometimes, not always. They had to target the other person. This happened maybe once in a year. That's why what Robin is saying, yet again, is patently false. If it was being 'spammed' somehow in any other way then it's only indicative of other problems they're refusing to fix.

And that part, right there, that has to be deliberate.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Like, "spammed?" What does that mean? What benefit did anybody get from that such that "spamming" was an issue?

I'd be pretty content TBH if our first maps DLC was just a port of the Ubersreik levels.

edit haha wow scoopeda by fuuka

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Aidings are also determined by the player in danger not facing the enemy about to attack them, which is how it's supposed to work, you intervene right as an attack is about to go off and the message pops up saying your buddy had your blind spot. Aidings can't happen when the player in danger is facing their attacker. This is by far the most senseless thing to come from Robin, and we got that spiel about how 2-handed swords can't reach further than falchions.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Lunethex posted:

2-handed swords

You can't say that phrase here! Do you want to create another incident?

:stare:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

could i be wrong and dumb? no. its the words that are wrong

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
Can you bastards specify 2H Kruber/Salt sword when you mention it, got dang.

My poor 2H Elf sword is a beautiful, finicky, misunderstood bastard of a weapon. But it's not :fatshark: management&development process bad. Not Kruber's 2H bad,. Not Zweihander bad. Jeez. :smith:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Aidings are janky and inconsistent in 1 while also not really doing anything besides putting some noise on the screen unless you’re using a specific trait (which itself isn’t good because they’re unreliable), so I can’t blame them for removing the system. just, maybe don’t copy the trait that uses the system if you’re going to do that?

Most people don’t read online or personally test to discover which of the traits and talents actually work as described, they just say “oh that sounds cool” and end up with traits and talents that do nothing

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

If I didn't know better, I'd use it to be a good teammate. It sounds so nice.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i can understand why you would want to excise the feature. it was always a finicky system and i can't think of a single person that valued the stat on its own merit, with regard to how it showed teamwork or whatever have you. like lune said, it was never reliable even when you were outright trying to make it do work for you.

the thing is, that was okay. the popups were nothing more than a quick pat on the back in L4D, and in that context it's fine if it only fires once every 3 times or whatever. when fatshark started justifying the mechanic by attaching mechanical benefits to it, then and only then did the wonky nature of assists become salient.

particularly considering how much more intensive this game can be on computers, i honestly think it's fine to get rid of some features that people don't find valuable to free up cycles for something else. but if you make that decision, don't leave one or two cases of the tracking in, PLUS the mechanical justification for it! that's insane!

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

I really hope there's some kind of Post-Mortem writeup by either Fatshark themselves, a disgruntled employee or some kind of game journalism entity lol in the coming months on this game's release. There are so many 'teachable moments' regarding how so much has been mishandled.

Speaking of that, has there been any mention of how stupid this game's development has been in mainstream/blogstream/whatever press? All I've seen is media-carpet bombing articles like GAME IS AWESOME 5/5 and HERE'S FIVE SENTENCES FROM DEVELOPER ABOUT WHY IT FEELS SO GOOD TO HIT THINGS IN VERMINTIDE 2.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

im depressed lol posted:

My poor 2H Elf sword is a beautiful, finicky, misunderstood bastard of a weapon. But it's not :fatshark: management&development process bad. Not Kruber's 2H bad,. Not Zweihander bad. Jeez. :smith:

I'll concede that. Her 2-handed sword is far more effective than theirs is, for sure. To be honest, and there's been no testing on this, I'm willing to bet it also has more range than theirs do.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

im depressed lol posted:

No no you see we can't have anyone here playing nonmeta and succeeding at it. That rocks the delicate balance of the thread thinking we are better than everyone else who plays the game. To protect our fragile egos we have to call you human garbage for lying about the weapon being just fine, and demand no less than a 10 full recordings of flawless Legend runs to prove you are telling the truth and verify you aren't manipulating the proof.

How dare you have fun. Go think in the corner and sit about it.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

I just... like.. being ninja Elf going through clouds of Hagbane'd dying rats.

:smith:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

im depressed lol posted:

I really hope there's some kind of Post-Mortem writeup by either Fatshark themselves, a disgruntled employee or some kind of game journalism entity lol in the coming months on this game's release. There are so many 'teachable moments' regarding how so much has been mishandled.

Speaking of that, has there been any mention of how stupid this game's development has been in mainstream/blogstream/whatever press? All I've seen is media-carpet bombing articles like GAME IS AWESOME 5/5 and HERE'S FIVE SENTENCES FROM DEVELOPER ABOUT WHY IT FEELS SO GOOD TO HIT THINGS IN VERMINTIDE 2.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

im depressed lol posted:

I just... like.. being ninja Elf going through clouds of Hagbane'd dying rats.

:smith:

Too bad. Fatshark didn't make this game so we could do as we LIKE.

:colbert: