Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I still think HHH is going to put them in Hell In A Cell at Takeover Brooklyn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
are TM61 officially renamed to The Mighty? Because that name change was long overdue.

I hope Otis Dozovic can join War Raiders because it doesn't seem like WWE has too much faith in Heavy Machinery as a team and I really love Otis.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

MrBling posted:

I hope Otis Dozovic can join War Raiders because it doesn't seem like WWE has too much faith in Heavy Machinery as a team and I really love Otis.

Wow, throwing shade onto Heavy Machinery, the best tag team in the company. If Otis joins the war raiders, that means we get no more worm or anything like that. :colbert:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

I still think HHH is going to put them in Hell In A Cell at Takeover Brooklyn

I don’t think you could suspend a cell in the Barclays Center

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

DarkstarIV posted:

Wow, throwing shade onto Heavy Machinery, the best tag team in the company. If Otis joins the war raiders, that means we get no more worm or anything like that. :colbert:

Sure he can, he calls it the Jörmungandr now

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

jesus WEP posted:

I don’t think you could suspend a cell in the Barclays Center

I thought that was an elimination chamber specific issue

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jackie D posted:

I thought that was an elimination chamber specific issue
oh you could be right yeah

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

tweet my meat posted:

I gotta be honest, I was never really sold on Ciampa before this takeover. I knew Gargano was loving incredible, but Ciampa seemed to me like a lot of his heat just came from being paired against one of the greatest faces wwe has ever had.

After this takeover I'm 100% on board with him and look forward to him having a long career of getting his smug worthless rear end kicked over and over.

Ciampa was incredible in ROH. He does the modern day "psycho" wrestler better than anyone today. Hell, the only awful match I can remember him having in ROH was with Colt Cabana, which is no surprise.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

DarkstarIV posted:

I love Heavy Machinery but I'm not quite sure that the people in charge do. But lets face it, nobody really cares about Tucker Knight.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MrBling posted:

are TM61 officially renamed to The Mighty? Because that name change was long overdue.

Yeah.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Everything Ciampa in ROH was pretty meh until he tore his ACL. Since he came back he’s been loving awesome.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

First tapings for nxt uk announced 28-29 july

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/WWEUK/status/1008803290824495105

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Is NXT UK going to be network only or have they got a TV deal?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Probably Network

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Also when they say series - is this like a full-on WEEKLY series, or some dumb poo poo where they do a few "big events" under the brand and then forget about it until it's Rumble/Mania/etc. weekend? The way the WWE UK stuff has gone gives me little faith that they'll actually do something cool and good, but if this is a straight up new weekly show (hopefully right after NXT each week?) then I'm excited.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Phenix Rising posted:

Also when they say series - is this like a full-on WEEKLY series, or some dumb poo poo where they do a few "big events" under the brand and then forget about it until it's Rumble/Mania/etc. weekend? The way the WWE UK stuff has gone gives me little faith that they'll actually do something cool and good, but if this is a straight up new weekly show (hopefully right after NXT each week?) then I'm excited.

They're doing a series of 8 tapings so it sounds like it's going to be a limited run weekly shows so I reckon they're trying to get it on a station here (Channel 4 would be a good fit). We don't really do year round television in the UK apart from our major soap operas so there's no way they'd get that kinda deal here.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

They're doing a series of 8 tapings so it sounds like it's going to be a limited run weekly shows so I reckon they're trying to get it on a station here (Channel 4 would be a good fit). We don't really do year round television in the UK apart from our major soap operas so there's no way they'd get that kinda deal here.

Gotcha - thanks!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

Don't Sky just get first shout at anything WWE related?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The taping schedule looks pretty similar to the regular NXT one, though. I assumed the exact opposite of Rarity and it's just going on the Network, and they're taping like 8 weeks at a time.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

I've got to say I really enjoyed Vic Joseph's commentary. Gives off a really professional vibe, more of a sports feel and much less wacky than mauro.
That whole team was probably the best in the WWE at the moment (high praise..), even Percy Watson is completely fine as the third wheel much better than coach or byron.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
@WWENXT is tweeting spoilers for the UK tapings so you might wanna give em a quick unfollow if you wanna be surprised when they air next weekend

I always operated this thread under "official tweets aren't spoilers" rules but I have a feeling Rarity may have differing opinions on spoilers than me :v:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

If it's officially announced by the company, it should be in here. But, to be fair to the more faint of spoiler hearts, HOLY poo poo the crowd reaction to Mustache Mountain winning the tag titles.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I was going to say I don't want to be spoiled then I accidentally moused over it anyway :negative:

woo

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Germansimp posted:

If it's officially announced by the company, it should be in here. But, to be fair to the more faint of spoiler hearts, HOLY poo poo the crowd reaction to Mustache Mountain winning the tag titles.

was amazing glad i saw it live

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

The Croc posted:

did you see the guy in the Alan Partridge mask?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The Croc posted:

Same. That said, would have loved to have heard the reaction if Gibson won

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVo9jfk0No4

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz2k21 posted:

There's no way that guy didn't get on camera. He was right next to them.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I'm assuming the new UK show will be on the Network?

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So I'm assuming the new UK show will be on the Network?

They're presumably trying to leverage these specials into a spot on free to air, or failing that Freeview. They need more eyeballs than the Network or Sky to take on WOS/ITV. If they can't find a taker then it'll be on the Network.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just to make it clear, WWE might be openly spoiling this stuff on their social media feeds but until the episodes in question have aired, keep stuff under spoiler tags for those of us who choose not to inflict social media on our lives and are lucky enough to avoid spoilers elsewhere.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Just to make it clear, WWE might be openly spoiling this stuff on their social media feeds but until the episodes in question have aired, keep stuff under spoiler tags for those of us who choose not to inflict social media on our lives and are lucky enough to avoid spoilers elsewhere.

GET IN THE 21ST CENTURY GRANDDAD!

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Revenant Threshold posted:

There's no way that guy didn't get on camera. He was right next to them.

Yeah he’s a friend of mine, he was also wearing my gimmick shirt (I wrestle locally).

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Davros1 posted:

GET IN THE 21ST CENTURY GRANDDAD!

We need a wrestler who's gimmick is he's always on the Snapchats and he just tells us that we're old

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Gaz2k21 posted:

No i got reseated to one of the stalls was ok i would have preferred to be reseated to front of the first raised area like the first night.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rarity posted:

We need a wrestler who's gimmick is he's always on the Snapchats and he just tells us that we're old

You mean Tyler Breeze? Other than the GRR, has he even wrestled this year?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Breezango has had a few matches on Raw.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1008465215778934784

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1009474500172353536

https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/1009450993233231874

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Oh my god. From the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

quote:

Daniel Vidot, a Rugby League player in Australia who just signed with the company, and starts next month at the Performance Center with people like Io Shirai and Keith Lee, said that his wrestling name will be the Samoan Ghost. Vidot, 28, was convinced by Jimmy Uso to sign with WWE. In doing so, he will be bringing his girlfriend, Danielle Glanville, a singer and performer on the Gold Coast of Australia with him,. He said that Jimmy Uso told him how hard it will be for his girlfriend with the travel

That is a very good and funny wrestling name right there. :allears: