Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Uprising would play so comfortably with gyro aiming on Switch.

The calm and collected Melee player.:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

SeANMcBAY posted:

Hell, even with a second analog stick the game would be more comfortable to play it.

I assumed the Circle Pad Pro thing would work with Uprising...it does not :negative: but that game was so good I played through all of it anyways. The writing is goddamn hilarious and I really hope they make another one.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

i would never need another video game ever again :pray:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Even on 3DS gyro aiming would have been better. Wonder why Sakurai didn’t make that an option. Maybe it was because it was made before the New systems came out and that gyro wouldn’t have been possible with 3D enabled at the same time.

I just realized there’s a non-zero chance of Uprising characters interacting with Metal Gear characters in one of the Smash taunts and that makes me excited.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I mean is he wrong tho

Most melee players I've seen are saying "hey it looks neat. Probably nothing will ever replace melee for me but it looks fine." while randoms scream at each other about what's better. :v: Like I wouldn't of posted it if I didn't see the same thing.

In fact only melee player I see show his rear end was mango (or was it H.Box?)

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Xad posted:

Hell, even with a second analog stick the game would be more comfortable to play it.

I assumed the Circle Pad Pro thing would work with Uprising...it does not :negative: but that game was so good I played through all of it anyways. The writing is goddamn hilarious and I really hope they make another one.

I didn't even bother with it because I'm left handed. It seemed like there was no way I'd have a good time with it. :smith:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I mean is he wrong tho

Most melee players I've seen are saying "hey it looks neat. Probably nothing will ever replace melee for me but it looks fine." while randoms scream at each other about what's better. :v: Like I wouldn't of posted it if I didn't see the same thing.

In fact only melee player I see show his rear end was mango (or was it H.Box?)

There's probably plenty of melee players and players of other games that are being super chill and were also chill about Smash 4 but the way it's set up is like: 1) normal person just casually talking about melee, totally chill and reasonable, 2) lunatic who "pretends" to care about competitive smash, 3) lunatic who "pretends" to play melee.

Like how do you "pretend" to play melee, anyway? It's the "No True Scotsman" fallacy

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'd rank it higher if it wasn't physically painful to play. That said, points for Sakurai for such a terrible control scheme that it causes body pain yet still making the game so fun people play it anyways.

I hope he gets to do an Uprising 2 once SSBU is out and he's farther from dying. The Switch may be the best place to make it both fun and harmless.

Eh, I played The World Ends With You before that as a kid and got used to that method of holding the DS. My wrists didn't actually hurt that much at all, and the stylus was probably the most accurate means of aiming I've ever used. Sure, turning takes some effort, but I could actually snipe in some fashion in that game.

Roluth fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 21, 2018

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Xad posted:

Only if up-B is changed to be Sky Uppercut. And maybe neutral B is a big charged-up Blaze Kick (yes yes even though down B would be Blaze Kick, or Double Kick? Blaziken punching would look wrong to me)

Up B: High Jump Kick or Bounce
Down B: Blaze Kick
Side B: Flame Charge (gotta get that speed boost mechanic in there somehow)
Neutral B: Flare Blitz or DynamicPunch

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Guy A. Person posted:

Like how do you "pretend" to play melee, anyway? It's the "No True Scotsman" fallacy

By not actually playing melee or having a interest in playing it :v:? People like to watch the top players and go on about how good they are without touching the game themselves, silly as that is.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i wish it was a port so bowser could still be a braindead grappler

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mabels big day posted:

i wish it was a port so bowser could still be a braindead grappler

Browser isn't brain dead. I'll fite u

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
I'm very excited to kill Cloud Strife with a duck again

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

Browser isn't brain dead. I'll fite u

i main him in smash 4 and i love his stupid grab -> win playstyle, i wouldnt want it any other way. im genuinely upset they seem to be moving away from grab combos in this game

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

grombos

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

mabels big day posted:

i main him in smash 4 and i love his stupid grab -> win playstyle, i wouldnt want it any other way. im genuinely upset they seem to be moving away from grab combos in this game

but imagine if they buff his side b to compensate...

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bleck posted:

but imagine if they buff his side b to compensate...

Command grabs are now escapable :-(

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mabels big day posted:

I wonder how the rosaluma v climbers match up is going to go.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I like that in Smash Ultimate, Snake will have many more children to beat up.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oxyclean posted:

I like that in Smash Ultimate, Snake will have many more children to beat up.

I think the thing I’m most excited about with Ultimate is new codec calls on Shadow Moses. I know it’s not confirmed yet but it seems pretty likely with having Hayter record new lines instead of just porting over his Brawl voice work.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think the thing I’m most excited about with Ultimate is new codec calls on Shadow Moses. I know it’s not confirmed yet but it seems pretty likely with having Hayter record new lines instead of just porting over his Brawl voice work.

Otacon, why is there a kid on the battlefield?!

Snake! That's not just a kid, that's also a squid!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wonder if they'll record codecs for each Koopa Kid

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Oxyclean posted:

Otacon, why is there a kid on the battlefield?!

Snake! That's not just a kid, that's also a squid!
"Otacon, is that a pterodactyl?!"

"Not quite, Snake. That's Ridley, leader of the notorious Space Pirates!"

"Weird, I feel like he should be bigger..."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Otacon, there's a big walking dog here!"

"No Snake, that's a wolf!"

"But -"

"HE'S A WOLF! SEE! MY DAD WAS RIGHT! HE'S A WOLF!"

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

didn't campbell's japanese va die a while back? that might complicate things. Or maybe they'll just get someone else and not care since kojima isn't involved anymore

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

When Snake starts his codec on Pit, the Divine Peanut Gallery should butt into the call, and vice versa.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Snake’s going to get really horny for Bayonetta.

I know it wouldn’t make sense since we’re playing as Solid Snake but it would own if Sigint came on to describe all the Inkling weapons.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 21, 2018

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

snake is married, to wolf

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

multijoe posted:

Command grabs are now escapable :-(

Do we know if that's for all of them, or just Ganondorf's?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

All I need to know is when they announce Groose as a Ganon echo.
All other news is unnecessary.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Snake’s going to get really horny for Bayonetta.

I know it wouldn’t make sense since we’re playing as Solid Snake but it would own if Sigint came on to describe all the Inkling weapons.

More time paradoxes and crossovers, please. Sheldon and Sigint together.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

More time paradoxes and crossovers, please. Sheldon and Sigint together.

Sheldon is terrible enough on his own. He doesn't need someone encouraging him.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

sheldon is cool

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Bleck posted:

Do we know if that's for all of them, or just Ganondorf's?

They nerfed Ganoncides?!?!
gently caress it take back the sword. I don’t want it if it means I can’t Ganoncide people.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxhkm9Xy0Qk

i'm posting this mainly for the following comment

quote:

Now you might be wondering where the Pichu in Ultimate came from but there's a simple answer to that. See, when making Smash Ultimate, Sakurai brought back every single character that has ever been in Smash Bros. including the original Pikachu. This Pikachu breeds with the new Pikachu who used to be Pichu and makes another Pichu. Now you might be wondering how the two Pikachu could breed if they were both male. Well, they aren't both male . The original Pikachu was actually female, but since Pokémon gender differences didn't exist until Generation IV, (which wasn't until after Melee was released) she looks exactly the same as a male Pikachu. And remember how I said Sakurai brought back the original Pikachu? Guess who we can play as in Ultimate. The female version of Pikachu AKA The Original Pikachu!! When they told us everyone is here we didn't realize that they really meant EVERYONE

yes i know it's a joke but still

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

sheldon assist trophy where the game just stops and you have to listen to him talk for five minutes

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mr. Resetti better be back.:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i wanna believe that when sakurai said EVERYONE IS BACK that extends to assist trophies even though i have no reason to do so

this includes weird face brawl little mac