Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
its actually based on a timer lockout and not what the game is telling you on screen. someone here knows im sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I wanna say it's a 10 minute lockout from time someone starts attacking a gym to when someone can drop something in. I still think attempting to take over a gym from someone who just took it down is a bitchmade move, and I'll keep golden razzberries on hand if someone attempts to do it when I take over a gym.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
The only time I'll fight someone for gym control is just before a legendary raid and those extra couple of balls could make all the difference.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
"  A Pokémon that may not be great in battle for you may excel in battle once traded to one of your friends! In order to bar some Trainers from continually re-rolling a Pokémon’s stats through trade, however, all Pokémon cannot be traded again. This feature incentivizes trading without giving a significant advantage to one Trainer over another."

Fuckkkkkk

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lmao that owns

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Yeah it does, gently caress people trying to play the system and using second accounts to try and cheat. Seems Niantic finally thought the process through.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Iirc Pokémon can still be put in once a gym attack starts, but there is a 10-15 minute lockout on putting them in once the first Pokémon has been knocked out of the gym and attacking ends.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Yeah it does, gently caress people trying to play the system and using second accounts to try and cheat. Seems Niantic finally thought the process through.

Also means a whole group of people can't trade one regional between them just for the dex entry.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Man, seeing all these Kyogre spawn at the local gym breaks my heart since there is never anyone around when I come by.

Do I need to show in advance and wait? I just started raiding and don’t know much about it.

How do I tell what level the boss will be before the egg hatches, so I know if it’s worth driving over?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Louisgod posted:

The problem is my friend in champaitn can't give me the only regional he got in Florida which I then give to my wife. As long as it's just restricting one account from getting back something it had originally I don't care but I was really hoping for "pass it on" for Dex entries now that scanners are dead

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Man, seeing all these Kyogre spawn at the local gym breaks my heart since there is never anyone around when I come by.

Do I need to show in advance and wait? I just started raiding and don’t know much about it.

How do I tell what level the boss will be before the egg hatches, so I know if it’s worth driving over?

You need to find a local discord or faceoobk group and coordinate with them. The only exception is in downtowns of major urban areas or college quads where there's enough players to have natural groups that are big enough

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Check here to see if you have a local discord. https://thesilphroad.com/map

It’s the only thing that makes raiding tolerable.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

mastershakeman posted:

The problem is my friend in champaitn can't give me the only regional he got in Florida which I then give to my wife. As long as it's just restricting one account from getting back something it had originally I don't care but I was really hoping for "pass it on" for Dex entries now that scanners are dead

I don’t really care about your one off situation, log into your wife’s account or something and make the trade. Go cry a river.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah but that would still probably be gamed for rerolls by the dudes with trapper keepers filled phones. They'd just pass stuff between accounts until it wound up with a good roll. They couldn't guarantee which it'd end on, but still would be a weird pass around for reroll.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah but that would still probably be gamed for rerolls by the dudes with trapper keepers filled phones. They'd just pass stuff between accounts until it wound up with a good roll. They couldn't guarantee which it'd end on, but still would be a weird pass around for reroll.

I..guess. My assumption has always been that people with a half dozen accounts are spoofing around the world anyways for 100 iv guys and it's impossible to stop them from having whatever they want at all times.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The Zombie Guy posted:

E: I missed this news bit. Any info on where it happened? I'm assuming the US somewhere since shooting was involved.

Chesapeake, Virginia. I lived about a mile away at the time and had visited that gym before.

Some extra details: the victim was an immigrant who worked at a local Chinese restaurant and would play with his grandson. He spoke no English.

The neighborhood association who hired the guard initially sided with him, as he claimed the guy tried running him over while fleeing.

But then it turns out there was security footage showing the victim exiting the parking lot in a normal manner and the guard, now behind the car, pulling out his gun and opening fire, shooting him in the back.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Ballz posted:

Chesapeake, Virginia. I lived about a mile away at the time and had visited that gym before.

Some extra details: the victim was an immigrant who worked at a local Chinese restaurant and would play with his grandson. He spoke no English.

The neighborhood association who hired the guard initially sided with him, as he claimed the guy tried running him over while fleeing.

But then it turns out there was security footage showing the victim exiting the parking lot in a normal manner and the guard, now behind the car, pulling out his gun and opening fire, shooting him in the back.

Are you sure about the footage thing? Everything I’ve read up on says no one could find any. The investigation found that the first shot had gone through the driver’s side window; that seems to be the biggest strike against the self-defense claim.

There’s this fun thing going on now where the HOA is claiming they hired the security company for explicitly unarmed work, and the security company is saying the opposite- both sides say they have proof via the contract, but neither is willing to show their copy.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I once got threatened with violence for taking some hot shot lvl 40 player's gym, first on the street and then some more when he tracked down my phone number. And he also signed my number up to a bunch of gay dating services. Fun times! But at least we don't have guns here.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Entropist posted:

I once got threatened with violence for taking some hot shot lvl 40 player's gym, first on the street and then some more when he tracked down my phone number. And he also signed my number up to a bunch of gay dating services. Fun times! But at least we don't have guns here.

how did he find your phone number just from pokemon go? :tinfoil:
Using the same username in a bunch of stuff?
Had you posted it on a message board or discord or something to arrange meet ups and raids or something?
Also did you meet any cute bois?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Entropist posted:

hell yeah i can't wait for trading with kids

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Friend codes are live, apparently you need to be level 40 to use them??

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
They're doing a staged rollout.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

seiferguy posted:

Friend codes are live, apparently you need to be level 40 to use them??

lol

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/NianticHelp/status/1009875547776696320

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
E: Double-post.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
They probably should have announced that in advance instead of letting everybody log in and freak out thinking the feature is gated to max level

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I'm like 800k xp away from Level 40 and this is the first time I've been bummed I didn't get there already.

e: holy hell I was closer than I thought, I guess I have not looked lately.

kensei fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 21, 2018

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Man some people are so angry and impatient in the replies, you’d think after waiting two years another few hours/a day or two would be no biggie.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Noxville posted:

Man some people are so angry and impatient in the replies, you’d think after waiting two years another few hours/a day or two would be no biggie.

Here's my favorite sequence:

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1009840001415307265

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1009875202832990209

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost
Way to set expectations, Niantic. I am super salty right now!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
What do you mean I have to wait up to an hour to be able to add friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9EBhaULToU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Solrock and Lunatone switched regions too.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Also, everyone in my group chat that’s already 40 has already basically swapped everything (regionals) or made commitments to do so. Super cool. For those of us in the mid 30’s that’s so much fun. I’m annoyed. I just care about dex filling anyway. Ugh

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

LionArcher posted:

Also, everyone in my group chat that’s already 40 has already basically swapped everything (regionals) or made commitments to do so. Super cool. For those of us in the mid 30’s that’s so much fun. I’m annoyed. I just care about dex filling anyway. Ugh

It took less than a day when raids hit for the tiered rollout to finish, I wouldn't worry

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Pretty bullshit that the journal doesnt record your gym coin payouts anymore.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

For some reason my avatar data got wiped so I had to re-do my outfit. Weird.

Hope they drop that level requirement sooner rather than later. I wanna send things to people!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I saw this posted:

“June 23 – level 35 and higher
June 24 – level 25 and higher
June 26 – level 20 and higher”

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Away all Goats posted:

Pretty bullshit that the journal doesnt record your gym coin payouts anymore.

Check your news feed instead

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

kensei posted:

I saw this posted:

“June 23 – level 35 and higher
June 24 – level 25 and higher
June 26 – level 20 and higher”

Saw someone post this but looks pretty fake since they credited Niantic’s Twitter (which in fact does not feature those dates)

e: app says level 38 and up now.

Noxville fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Razor Jacksuit posted:

Check your news feed instead

ooh thanks. I should probably read patch notes

• Locked thread