Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

McMagic's posting is giving me whiplash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I like this team.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
hell, same

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
:same:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Is it safe to say that Betances is fixed yet?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Super Jay Mann posted:

Is it safe to say that Betances is fixed yet?

Every time he throws a pitch inside I do a full-body cringe but I trust the hell out of him right now.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
At this point I almost feel bad for Mariners fans.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Monkey Wrangler posted:

At this point I almost feel bad for Mariners fans.

Why? They have a mediocre team that is 17 games over 500....

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

mcmagic posted:

Why? They have a mediocre team that is 17 games over 500....

Because it's officially summer and they're about to crash back to earth. Like always.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

That would be a considerable fall

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
uhh. the team is hot when mcmagic is sad. lets not mess with poo poo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AkumaHokoru posted:

uhh. the team is hot when mcmagic is sad. lets not mess with poo poo.

Why do you think I'm sad?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Why do you think I'm sad?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840601&userid=57898

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Meh

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
upset? rowdy? whatever it is let it rock till it stops workin

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

AkumaHokoru posted:

upset? rowdy? whatever it is let it rock till it stops workin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIhx2wZ8jnA

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Just your every 5 day update that Sonny Gray loving sucks rear end. I want this dude as far away from this team as possible forever.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Sonny Gray loving sucks.

Edit: Also LOL infield in in the first inning.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Bird's leash is longer than it should be. He's been horrifically bad. You can't be having AB's like that against terrible pitching and stay in the majors.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Greg Bird sucks too. I feel like if he isn’t hitting by the trade deadline, they need to start looking for a new first baseman.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Yankees are in the bottom 5 at scoring after a leadoff double. At least they managed to move the runner over this time.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

The fact that we've only lost 23 games this season when Sonny Gray has made 15 starts is miraculous. What a piece of poo poo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sonny getting rocked by a AAA team. Nice.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

The fact that we've only lost 23 games this season when Sonny Gray has made 15 starts is miraculous. What a piece of poo poo.

I laughed at Kay’s comment that Gray’s throw to first on that bunt was the best pitch he’s thrown today.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I remember when I was excited that we traded for this worthless sack of poo poo. Good times.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I guess they were due for a slump but not being able to hit the parade of garbage pitching over the last 2 days is pretty weird.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

A game and a half is not a slump what the gently caress is wrong with you

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

They are avg'ing 3.6 runs a game over the last 15 games. Not including 5+ shutout innings against a garbage pitcher today. That is an offensive slump.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

mcmagic posted:

They are avg'ing 3.6 runs a game over the last 15 games. Not including 5+ shutout innings against a garbage pitcher today. That is an offensive slump.

3.6 runs/game is how much the KC Royals have been averaging for the season. So yeah, that’s bad.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Paul Zuvella posted:

The offense has definitely been in a slump but they've managed to hit just well enough to win because the pitching has been nails.

Also this team should be able to win a game where Gray goes 6.2 IP 4 ER :argh:

The loving Rays. It seems like it's always the loving Rays.

In general they need to start hitting the ball in the air more, so many grounders that are also hit right at guys.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

The offense has definitely been in a slump but they've managed to hit just well enough to win because the pitching has been nails.

Also this team should be able to win a game where Gray goes 6.2 IP 4 ER :argh:

The loving Rays. It seems like it's always the loving Rays.

In general they need to start hitting the ball in the air more, so many grounders that are also hit right at guys.

Bird and Walker need to be in AAA and DFA'd respectively.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Lol they might get swept by the Rays. Team is playing like garbage.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

God drat that was a brutal at bat for Walker. Took three straight strikes right down the middle of the plate. What the gently caress was he looking for?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Maybe it will take getting embarrassed by a AAA team for them to make some of the roster moves they have been needing to make for a few weeks now.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Maybe it will take getting embarrassed by a AAA team for them to make some of the roster moves they have been needing to make for a few weeks now.

Or maybe it won’t, because they announced today that Luis Cessa will start a game this week. I’ve never understood why they like him so much and keep giving him chances. Shreve as well has a much longer leash than he should have.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Neil Walker
.194/.272/.271 (.543 OPS/49 wRC+) in 173 PA, -0.7 fWAR/-0.9 bWAR

Chris Carter
.201/.284/.370 (.654 OPS/73 wRC+) in 208 PA, -0.7 fWAR/-0.7 bWAR

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Stanton is alive and healthy and he is good and also my friend

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Stanton has been on fire this month, I hope it sticks for the rest of the year

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Gary with another horrific AB in a big spot vs a piece of poo poo pitcher and will put himself on the DL as a bonus!

What an embarrassment. Get Bird and Walker off this roster by Monday.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Get Shreve and Walker off of this team. Swept by the loving Rays. Awful.

• Locked thread