Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Planes are very safe. Jets on the other hand oh boy

Ohhhhhh boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
more like oldpropless

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I prefer to fly by gyrocopter

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The only time I felt unsafe on a plane is when half the plane jumped out of their seats and starred screaming all at the same time.

Turns out they were watching some hockey game on satellite and Team Canada won. Assholes.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This dude owns

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Utterly.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Not only are his cosplays funny rear end hell seems like he got really into shape since he started.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

At least if/when your plane crashes you won't have to worry about flying any more, it is a little known fact that almost no one is involved in multiple plane crashes.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Tendai posted:

I prefer to fly by gyrocopter

You related to this guy?

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
My dad was a bush pilot in Alaska in the 70s. He used to keep a few stacks of puppy food in his emergency gear, because it was the fattiest most calorie-dense food available on the market at the time.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:lol: If you don't just have Enrique go buy you some food if your plane crashes in the Alaskan wilderness.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

What movie is that from?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

New Jurassic Park I think.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I think you'll find things have... changed... since the last time you flew.

I didn't fly between 2000 and 2015 and was really looking forward to all the technological advancements on planes. It was a huge letdown when I boarded and found the only thing that changed was no more ashtray full of used gum :(

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

JEEVES420 posted:

I didn't fly between 2000 and 2015 and was really looking forward to all the technological advancements on planes. It was a huge letdown when I boarded and found the only thing that changed was no more ashtray full of used gum :(

Now you'll board an airplane in the US and find out that the seatback TVs have been removed and you have to use an app on your phone/tablet/laptop to watch anything. Oh and the tray table is too small for anything other than an old iphone so hope you enjoy watching a 2 hour movie on a 4" screen. It's also about 2" away from your lap so you'll be looking down the whole time with a lovely viewing angle.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Low effort cosplay guy is the genius our time demands

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Spectral Debt posted:

Not only are his cosplays funny rear end hell seems like he got really into shape since he started.

A true goon-spiration

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Spectral Debt posted:

They're also very creative, the Reinhardt and the anime ones are all really good.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I bet he’s a fantastic kisser

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Jose Valasquez posted:

At least if/when your plane crashes you won't have to worry about flying any more, it is a little known fact that almost no one is involved in multiple plane crashes.

Are you sure my dude, because I heard Bush did 911 plane crashes.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I learned that every commercial airplane is struck by lightning approximately once a year. I learned this after being on a plane that was struck by lightning.

It's pretty cool.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jose Valasquez posted:

Then explain John McCain

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Olaf The Stout posted:

My dad was a bush pilot in Alaska in the 70s. He used to keep a few stacks of puppy food in his emergency gear, because it was the fattiest most calorie-dense food available on the market at the time.

More so than butter? I think that’s what the Antarctic crazies took.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Not sure if this goes here or IOSM. The person who shared it on my feed was almost certainly serious about it.

chitoryu12 posted:

PYF Funny Pictures: It's a ham scam.

DavidAlltheTime posted:

The ol ham scam.
Goddam... we know what this is....

SPAM.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Not sure if this goes here or IOSM. The person who shared it on my feed was almost certainly serious about it.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Spectral Debt posted:

They're dinner rolls

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Good catch

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Amen

(Ham)en? :hampants:

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Statistics are cold comfort to that one guy who got nuked twice

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Tendai posted:

Extreme phobia caused by a very bad experience on a small plane in Alaska when I was 15. Now I have to fly to corporate hq for work in December :v: gonna be great.

If it makes you feel better, remember that when your plane crashes, it won't hurt. Yes, it will be terrifying as the increasingly severe turbulence shakes the plane until the lights are flickering on and off, and luggage is flying out of the overhead bins, which have burst open. Yes, when the pilot loses control, and the plane begins to plummet to earth, you'll be frightened almost beyond belief. It will be like being stuck on a roller coaster with an infinitely-downward first hill. As the control surface malfunction caused by extreme airspeed over the wings causes the plane to begin spinning, you'll be flung from your seat (the flimsy seat belt will be useless, at this point), and pinned to the walls, as will your fellow passengers. The sound of their screaming, and your own, mingled with the sounds of mechanical struggle, structural failure, and, oh God, the wind, will make an unearthly cacophony the likes of which few people ever experience. However, when your aircraft impacts the ground, it will be with such speed and violence, that your body will be immediately rendered into a fine paste, and incinerated. Your brain will have no time to process any sort of sensation. You will feel nothing. You won't even be aware that you have crossed the threshold from life into death. You will just be... done.

It seems not so bad, except for the scary prelude.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

If it makes you feel better, remember that when your plane crashes, it won't hurt. Yes, it will be terrifying as the increasingly severe turbulence shakes the plane until the lights are flickering on and off, and luggage is flying out of the overhead bins, which have burst open. Yes, when the pilot loses control, and the plane begins to plummet to earth, you'll be frightened almost beyond belief. It will be like being stuck on a roller coaster with an infinitely-downward first hill. As the control surface malfunction caused by extreme airspeed over the wings causes the plane to begin spinning, you'll be flung from your seat (the flimsy seat belt will be useless, at this point), and pinned to the walls, as will your fellow passengers. The sound of their screaming, and your own, mingled with the sounds of mechanical struggle, structural failure, and, oh God, the wind, will make an unearthly cacophony the likes of which few people ever experience. However, when your aircraft impacts the ground, it will be with such speed and violence, that your body will be immediately rendered into a fine paste, and incinerated. Your brain will have no time to process any sort of sensation. You will feel nothing. You won't even be aware that you have crossed the threshold from life into death. You will just be... done.

It seems not so bad, except for the scary prelude.

Well I am a completist for the human experience so, sounds like fun!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
And then I won't have to spend a week in Cincinnati in December. It's a win win situation.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

Well I am a completist for the human experience so, sounds like fun!

Are you sure? Because...

Tendai posted:

And then I won't have to spend a week in Cincinnati in December. It's a win win situation.

Some things just aren't worth experiencing.

(Kings Island is pretty good)

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I'm not the guy too fat to fly, I'm the middle aged German in a ridiculous oversized puffer jacket and what's your fuckin problem, all my limbs are technically between my armrests. No wait that's the guy next to me.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Is that computer fighter wearing french frilly garter bands on his arms?

I mean, every fighter needs a style, I guess?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tendai posted:

That actually sounds nice. Instant death is good too though. Each to their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Are you sure? Because...

Some things just aren't worth experiencing.

(Kings Island is pretty good)

Well in fact I've done Kings Island and Cedar Point so *checks off "Ohio"*