Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I mean, if we get a hard pass from everyone we approach, we could do GiPmore on the back (melty or regular version)
Hey Mr Nice, mcnalls told me he didn't have high quality images so I just spammed out the two images in the first post of this thread as 'can you do this' type deals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Can any of our resident GiP artists get me some vector images of our desired front and back? I’m pretty sure i can get the local people to do it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

But yeah they told me like $5.50 a shirt all the way through XL with each X up from that costing an extra two bucks each, so i think we’ll be fine even with fees from mcnally sending money to me. If we end up going this route i’ll either toss a buck or two in each box back or whatever the thread wants me to do with excess (like perhaps extra shirts for other people)

So here’s what i say. Get me some artwork so i can get it to the shirt people and get a sample or two made. I think maybe changing the 420/69 to be labled platoon or whatever i dunno how army names things. Hell maybe even put them as hull numbers on the obamadrone or something.

But yeah, post some art for me.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Please email terminal lance guy.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

But yeah they told me like $5.50 a shirt all the way through XL with each X up from that costing an extra two bucks each, so i think we’ll be fine even with fees from mcnally sending money to me. If we end up going this route i’ll either toss a buck or two in each box back or whatever the thread wants me to do with excess (like perhaps extra shirts for other people)

So here’s what i say. Get me some artwork so i can get it to the shirt people and get a sample or two made. I think maybe changing the 420/69 to be labled platoon or whatever i dunno how army names things. Hell maybe even put them as hull numbers on the obamadrone or something.

But yeah, post some art for me.

I vote if there's extra dosh left over donate it to good doggo/catte related charities, but that's just me.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Viva Miriya posted:

Please email terminal lance guy.

I just did. Sent him the proposed artwork and said yo, we want to put Jambo dude on the sleeve, can we use it? We'll toss you a freebie.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

orange juche posted:

I vote if there's extra dosh left over donate it to good doggo/catte related charities, but that's just me.

Or we could send heal lifts to Ben Shapiro!!!
Or maybe a pig rectum?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ok cool, when we sort out the bullshit with the shirts let me know cause I'll buy an extra if we're already over 69. I won't if we aren't though. Make sure Max gets the 69th shirt tho.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I’m not super concerned about any of this, either I get some funny shirts or I don’t and get to tell everyone how you can’t get a loving joke shirt printed in the “free-est country on earth”.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Mcnally is still on vacation in Hawaii so don't jump too far ahead just yet.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

He and I have been talking via fb, so we're just looking for options at this point.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I mean, I think my plan might be the best way to go. I'm just not going to sit here and act like I can poo poo out the artwork that's needed.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Give any excess cash to Lowtax. I'd rather it go to him instead of a dollar or two refund. Kick the excess to the forums so we can squeeze another day or three out of this place in the long run.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Give any excess cash to Lowtax. I'd rather it go to him instead of a dollar or two refund. Kick the excess to the forums so we can squeeze another day or three out of this place in the long run.

he spent all the shirt money on his hawaii vacation

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

McNally, are you really in Hawaii? I’ll buy you a beer

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

orange juche posted:

That or something medical

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Give any excess cash to Lowtax.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
He already has plans for the 'excess cash'. He is going to buy another black powder rifle.

A better investment than lowtaxs back.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Aloha, fuckers. I'm back from vacation and ready to fix this shirt issue.

I think the biggest issue isn't going to be finding someone willing to print: I think the biggest issue is going to be recreating the art so that it CAN be printed.

Anyone have any ideas on that?

As far as excess funds go, I'd be happy to do whatever seems to be the prevailing sentiment. Donation, muskets, Lowtax's back, etc.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

It's not exactly a complex design. Someone could probably turn it out easily.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Donate the rest to Elon Musk, I've heard that he had to lay off Tesla employees

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Post in SA Mart that you need a graphic designed for a t shirt and pay someone fifty bucks to make an equally lovely picture. It doesn't even have to be the same exact thing. It just has to be bad.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Post in SA Mart that you need a graphic designed for a t shirt and pay someone fifty bucks to make an equally lovely picture. It doesn't even have to be the same exact thing. It just has to be bad.

Aww, I wanted a good shirt. D:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I got this

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

:yeah:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Um. See page 1 for design. I'm sure most any shirt place could do it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ded posted:

Um. See page 1 for design. I'm sure most any shirt place could do it.

I need the obama drone and stuff as a separate art file. That’s the t-shirt website generator image and they’d have to recreate all the art from scratch with just that.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mr. Nice! posted:

I need the obama drone and stuff as a separate art file. That’s the t-shirt website generator image and they’d have to recreate all the art from scratch with just that.

If push comes to shove, I could try just cranking up the size of the art on a white background, then take screenshots and save them individually.

But that's kind of sloppy and I was hoping someone could just rip the files.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

if there's anyone here who's halfway competent with a pencil they could surely draw and scan that?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Someone that can freehand some mudhuts instead of monopoly houses.

Lets Get Patchy
Aug 8, 2006
What's the good word on the Jambo! sleeve?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I never heard back. I'll email him again I guess.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

if there's anyone here who's halfway competent with a pencil they could surely draw and scan that?

There are definitely GIP goons that could crank some of that out. No one who can has probably looked at this thread. When I get home later this morning I'll see what I can find/make myself.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

I never heard back. I'll email him again I guess.

Hold off until we actually have a shirt.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I got a goon in the GIP Discord chat who's gonna whip up a vector I can take to the local t-shirt printing places. Requests I've made include "no more Monopoly huts" and "better stencil font." I'm gonna try not to overload them with requests and I'm gonna buy them a shirt for doing the work, so I think we've well and truly broken the 69 shirt limit.

Oh, also I got a PM from Slippery, he wants a shirt too.

A primary concern when I get these printed is going to be whether or not they can print them on tan so those of you who are still in (gently caress you) can wear them in uniform, now that they've phased out the sand t-shirts I knew so well. If I have to drive a little ways to find a print shop that lives near a base to make that happen, that's what I'll do. Also I can't believe I didn't think of checking near Fort Meade and poo poo.

I haven't given up on Operation Useless Shirt, and neither should you.

(unless I start taking seriously about Operation Useless Refund, then you might want to consider giving up)

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I have a quick first pass of some new art for the thread's approval. In my mind, you guys were paying for the original, so any changes to the art feels like a bait-and-switch to me. Am I overthinking things?

Anyway, this is what they threw together. We can continue along these lines or we can get a recreation of the original. What say you?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

McNally posted:

Oh, also I got a PM from Slippery, he wants a shirt too.

:stare:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

McNally posted:

I have a quick first pass of some new art for the thread's approval. In my mind, you guys were paying for the original, so any changes to the art feels like a bait-and-switch to me. Am I overthinking things?

Anyway, this is what they threw together. We can continue along these lines or we can get a recreation of the original. What say you?

LOL

:stare:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

McNally posted:

Ahahahhahahahahahahaha gently caress the original

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

you're overthinking it dude that looks fine to me