Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I never really cared for Okita but Altkita is pretty neat and I like her NP a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

just picked up this game and it's weirdly entertaining

don't have a very diverse roster yet tho, my freebie 4* was stheno and two 10 pulls later i have euryale and medusa too

i call it team maneater

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

UHD posted:

don't have a very diverse roster yet tho, my freebie 4* was stheno and two 10 pulls later i have euryale and medusa too

i call it team maneater

Post your friend code, having a high-level support Servant will let you coast through most of the current content.

TicalStal
Apr 23, 2004
I promised America to the Fuhrer!

UHD posted:

i call it team maneater

You are starting at a good time. Aside from the first anniversary which will bring a lot of freebies, Camelot singularity is coming soon and it brings some good servants to roll for (including the best rider in the game even today in jp) and then the summer event which brings some pretty good servants as well. Just remember you don’t need any 4* or 5* to clear the game’s content so don’t worry if you don’t roll anything of that rarity.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

friend code is 073,881,050 (thank you game for putting commas in there, is that so hard japanese gacha games)

i already did all the story missions for the oni whatchamacaller but even with a cartoonishly big titty helper i can't do better than the lv 25 flavor of boss

i'm kinda glad this game doesn't really seem to have power creep because regardless of her actual utility i like medusa a lot :shobon:

e: yeah my master's name is penelope, if you're gonna give me a face i'm gonna give it a real name

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I finally got a gold berzerker card! :dance:

.... It was Uncle Vlad :arghfist::saddowns:

K, wasted all my quartz again, also got stupid parcelus and rome gently caress because those shitters never leave me alone.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

UHD posted:

friend code is 073,881,050 (thank you game for putting commas in there, is that so hard japanese gacha games)

i already did all the story missions for the oni whatchamacaller but even with a cartoonishly big titty helper i can't do better than the lv 25 flavor of boss

i'm kinda glad this game doesn't really seem to have power creep because regardless of her actual utility i like medusa a lot :shobon:

e: yeah my master's name is penelope, if you're gonna give me a face i'm gonna give it a real name

Medusa's been consistently good for me as well, especially now that she has her third skill. I baby her a bit, since she's my favorite, but she does good damage and has a decent set of skills.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Rogue 7 posted:

Medusa's been consistently good for me as well, especially now that she has her third skill. I baby her a bit, since she's my favorite, but she does good damage and has a decent set of skills.

Medusa is a Best Girl, same as Mash and probably others. But those two are definitely on the list.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

the_steve posted:

Medusa is a Best Girl, same as Mash and probably others. But those two are definitely on the list.

Something about purple hair and being the best girl. Medea, Medusa, Mash.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Christ, my luck in green oni raid was bad. A single red caster gem to my name, and it's already gone.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

J.A.B.C. posted:

Something about purple hair and being the best girl. Medea, Medusa, Mash.

Yep, exactly

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Don't waifu Stheno, only villains do that.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

UHD posted:

Sent you a request. My in game name is J.R.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

taser rates posted:

Lol, she's probably the second strongest alter ego in the game right now, don't be ridiculous.

Probably. But in the end she is still a NP nuke with only one Arts card.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

genericnick posted:

Probably. But in the end she is still a NP nuke with only one Arts card.

...And two Quicks that have 3.85% charge before factoring in card slot, arts bonuses, or her 3 turn Quick booster. Can't really forget that tbqh.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

genericnick posted:

Bleh, after finishing the Guda event I must say majin Okita is pretty lame. Maybe if she had a 50% NP boost.

20-30% is enough to get instant NP with a Kaleidoscope, making her great for farming, She's an AoE alter ego, making her great for packs with mixed non-knight classes. She has the highest attack for an alter ego in the game, and the fifth highest attack of all servants, and can boost that with two skills that give complimentary boosts to her NP damage. I think she's quite good.

Also she's cute and funny.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

actually anything that isn't jalter or merlin is trash garbage and you should hate that you rolled them

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

To articulate what I don't like about Altika: Overkill for grinding embers and there is always a cross class mixed in. And for events like the current Guda she interferes with getting artchains and doesn't contribute much else to the party. Wouldn't matter if you could run around with Kaleidoscopes( if you have some) but when everything is loaded down with event CEs that tends to prolong the grinding. What I'm saying is that in most eventualities I'd rather run Drake or Gil or Tesla. And will not roll for her don't talk me into rolling for her.

Aurora posted:

actually anything that isn't jalter or merlin is trash garbage and you should hate that you rolled them

Look at the JP wiki. Jalter now too is trash.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
She gets double damage for the event and her stargen is pretty nuts, so she does contribute significantly to the party. It's not like she has trouble charging NP either, her NP gen off of cards is extremely efficient, and the 30% charge skill is just gravy on top. I've been farming stages in 7t quite consistently, occasionally 8t, when the minimum possible is 5t so I have somehow not been having the issues with her that you have.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rogue 7 posted:

It is funny how I'll read strats and whatnot and they all say Medusa is only worth farming QP. I pity them.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Transient People posted:

...And two Quicks that have 3.85% charge before factoring in card slot, arts bonuses, or her 3 turn Quick booster. Can't really forget that tbqh.

Yeah, this. Jack has only one arts card too but their NP gain is insanely high because of their high NP charge rate and high hit counts on their quick cards. Now they are bad for party wide NP gain since their decks make arts chains more difficult to pull off but saying that Okita Alter has bad NP gain is simply wrong.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I cannot express the joy I feel at being able to NP 3-4 turns in a row with Rider Kintoki. It's top aces for sure.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Gologle posted:

I cannot express the joy I feel at being able to NP 3-4 turns in a row with Rider Kintoki. It's top aces for sure.

How are you managing that one? Double Waver?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I got bored and downloaded some apps and I guess I can have Gilgamesh wake me up now

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yes, I use double Waver, but Kintoki was at one point able to NP 3 times in a row without me having to use the 2nd Waver's buffs due to lucky Brave chains. It felt so good.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

genericnick posted:

Look at the JP wiki. Jalter now too is trash.

I refuse to accept this as truth.

Jalter is my good friend and she burns people with psychic mind-hate. Just like a friend does.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

the_steve posted:

I refuse to accept this as truth.

Jalter is my good friend and she burns people with psychic mind-hate. Just like a friend does.

and now you have come to the true wisdom, all servants are good, and the only bad in fate/grand order are the players. it is the playerbase that brings corruption to this pure, perfect world, that seeks to enforce an artificial order where originally there was none- all to justify their own self-destructive habits.

ban all players, F/GO is too good for us

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I wish Phantom of the Opera was good. Where's his Avenger version or maybe Saber Raoul?

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Just lol if you use servants for any reason except how cute they are

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

SC Bracer posted:

Just lol if you use servants for any reason except how cute they are
Exactly.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I think we're all missing an important component of picking your servants, and that's the ability to shitpost at will. Why yes, my "all" servant IS a grailed 10/10/10 Anra Mainjiuu why do you ask?

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
You haven't 10/10/10d him yet!!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
My "All" Servant will be NP 5, lvl 100 10/10/10 Gorgon and I am saving quartz right now for that to happen. :colbert:

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Artix posted:

I think we're all missing an important component of picking your servants, and that's the ability to shitpost at will. Why yes, my "all" servant IS a grailed 10/10/10 Anra Mainjiuu why do you ask?

A sure sign of brain damage; Thinking Anjra Manyuu is any sort of good.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

J.A.B.C. posted:

He’s great at trolling Bazette and Caren

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"The Meta" of this game barely matters at all I don't know why people obsess over it

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

I got bored and downloaded some apps and I guess I can have Gilgamesh wake me up now

Arise from your slumber, mongrel. You should feel honored that I even spoke to you.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

J.A.B.C. posted:

Crab Battle

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Jalter's not bad in JP, but she suffers from needing a team based around her and never being a bonus servant in events.

Vengarr posted:

He’s great at trolling Bazette and Caren

Yeah... "Trolling" Caren, let's go with that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Cuntellectual posted:

Yeah... "Trolling" Caren, let's go with that...

I'm not talking about that, he zings her quite a few times in conversation.