Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

exquisite tea posted:

In Soul Calibur it's only customary to follow your opponent off the cliff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
hi thread ive been reading you while i was unjustly imprisoned in catjail and also i started playing fightgames with my immense amounts of downtime once i couldnt post. specifically i started with guilty gear xrd rev 2, and its good. i like it. i like to hit the buttons and make faust/chip do things.

under night is on sale for 7.50 on steam, is it worth snagging it even tho its not unist which everyone insists is way better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
It's not just better but it's also the latest revision, nobody on the planet is playing UNIEL for any reason anymore. It would be worth it for like...a dollar just to try out characters but if you wanna play UNIEL on PC you'll have to keep waiting

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Browsing twitch, threw on a video of a BBTag online tourney and this 13/Vatista is straight gross to watch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/275386061?t=02h43m47s. Counters like every break attempt with a combo. Looking forward to seeing what some US tourney play looks like this weekend, supposed to be some tag action at Northwest Majors.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Buddy of mine went from CF lambda main to a Nu/Vatista combo and yeah, he can pull some gruesome stuff with it. Team also gets blown up instantly if he fucks up tho. (TImestamp on that link doesnt work because of the period btw)

Real hurthling! posted:

Its just a fun game to have
went for it, can confirm. Doing consistent 236236BCs destroys my thumb on a ds4 tho after a few hours, gonna have to look into mapping it to my normal keyboard layout (the game internal options suck).

also picked up ggrev2 +all characters from the sale because why not destroy my hands forever for 30 bucks in total while im at it

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jun 22, 2018

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
What's the Lame-rear end Team in BBTag? Can you even go all Morridoom on people's asses? People only wanna rushdown so I can't tell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Vatista, Nu, Rachel, plat and aigis are all varying levels of annoying zoners. Vatista/Nu would probably be the most annoying

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dias posted:

What's the Lame-rear end Team in BBTag? Can you even go all Morridoom on people's asses? People only wanna rushdown so I can't tell.

Ruby Rose or Nu

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Dias posted:

Hey!

Rushdown is fun.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Thinking of picking up the Blazblue collection, not sure if it is worth it though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

are there any generally "bad" characters in BBTag, everybody seems at least viable if you have a grip on the basic mechanics

1500 posted:

Thinking of picking up the Blazblue collection, not sure if it is worth it though.

I thought this too but figured BBTag is more interesting/fun and any characters I miss like Litchi/Bang will hopefully be future DLC anyway. It's like 5 bux on steam but I'd rather have a game on my Switch for now.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Is Tager any good in cross tag? I really want my magnetic throw-man to be good

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Madmarker posted:

Is Tager any good in cross tag? I really want my magnetic throw-man to be good

He's probably the best grappler in the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

DLC Inc posted:

are there any generally "bad" characters in BBTag, everybody seems at least viable if you have a grip on the basic mechanics

I thought this too but figured BBTag is more interesting/fun and any characters I miss like Litchi/Bang will hopefully be future DLC anyway. It's like 5 bux on steam but I'd rather have a game on my Switch for now.

Yang is a SFV character and seems kind of completely pointless. She's the only one that sticks out to me.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

In Training posted:

Yang is a SFV character and seems kind of completely pointless. She's the only one that sticks out to me.

Yukiko seems to have some real issues and not much to make her a better option than the other zoners

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Ah true, she didn't make a great transition but her heal Assist is still strong enough in certain pairs that she at least seem to have her uses.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Yang is fine; her range is pretty stubby when not in install mode, but she can do some good damage, has easy strings, can mixup opponents in some really dirty ways, and has solid assists and astrals. She’s not a complete gorilla like Ruby and probably isn’t better than Blake, but she’s a poo poo ton better than Weiss (who has mediocre tools and subpar damage for how honest she is in a scummy game like Tag). She’s pretty much a better Makoto (has similar issues to Makoto too, but Tag compensates both by giving them the ability to poo poo insane damage).

Yukiko has some big problems but is getting second life as a battery for Carmine.

I hear Rachel is pretty bad, but no one really plays with her.

Kanji is pretty terrible unfortunately

MechaX fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 22, 2018

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I don't know if it makes her good but Rachel has some of the most depressingly long combos I've seen in the game. Just tossing poo poo at me in the corner for 15 seconds while the damage scaling makes it so that it only does 6K total.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Dias posted:

Someone I know plays Hazama/Carmine and it's infuriating so, try that.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Carmine can also do insane damage by himself and his health loss isn't a huge deal because he can usually end combos with his life steal grab that's at the end of his A autocombo to gain some back. His self damage also only deals red life so you can just tag him out and let him heal for a bit, too.

His 6P assist (the pinwheel) is also among the best assists in the game even though it still damages him (but it's only red life and if he's an assist he'll go right back to healing it anyway) as it not only adds another Dissolve puddle to the screen, it activates any Dissolve puddles that are already out as well.

Kongming fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 22, 2018

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
carmine 6P is hilarious, if you throw it out against the grand majority of the cast as they stand up and they try to DP through it they'll just land back in it after the iframes end

CaptCommy posted:

Yukiko seems to have some real issues and not much to make her a better option than the other zoners
she does a lot of damage if you can crank her fire levels (especially her 6P assist which is already really good). you can build like 5-9 levels in one combo using carmine so that certainly seems to be The teammate for the character. The intro dialogue where she negs the poo poo out of carmine is pretty plus too.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

My BBTag dlc still isn't showing up for some reason on PS4

I bought the digital deluxe edition, but nothing. I tried restoring my licenses, but no dice unfortunately. Anyone have the same issue? It's showing up in the store so I don't think it's a weird Canada PSN thing or anything..

Mystery solved: you actually need to go into the store and specifically download the dlc, rather than have it just unlocked :ms:

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 23, 2018

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It feels like most of the persona cast isn't very good, or is at least poorly represented other than Yu maybe (and I've been seeing less of him too). Of course it's also like week 3 so who knows what people will find but yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
All the UNIST characters are just too powerful because of how epic UNIST is.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
waldstein seems kinda trashy and it breaks my heart

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Yu and Chie are both really powerful (and no surprise, handled the conversion the best). Naoto is kinda bonkers in her own way, but who knows if people will stick with her. Aigis is still really really good, but still requires some practice and execution (she still has her Magneto-esque bullshit with possibly unreactable mixups) to the point that there's no loving way I'm playing her in any kind of net code.

Everyone else didn't fare all that well. It should be interesting to see if that leaked DLC list turns out right and if Akihiko and Mitsuru make it. Depending on the conversion, they'll either be really bad (more looking at Akihiko here, because his persona was loving terrible in Arena/Ultimax), or really busted (Mitsuru is probably going to end up broken as gently caress).

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Countblanc posted:

waldstein seems kinda trashy and it breaks my heart

He's extremely good, his throws are just way shorter than they are in UNIST so you'll whiff them completely even though his arms reach the opponent. If he had his UNIST throw range he'd be extremely broken, as it is he's just broken.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Anawnnemus/status/1010326663186534400?s=19

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
That's literally just the title screens for two ports that already exist.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Does that mean a new marvel game?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Elephunk posted:

Does that mean a new marvel game?

Considering Capcom's history with Comic Con, i would imagine maybe an update on the status of Marvel Infinite's :airquote:Development:airquote:

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

One of my friends who was a pretty big part of the Texas anime fighter scene around the time of Slash/AC was talking about his thoughts on who the best characters were the other day. We looked at this tier list that got posted to Reddit:

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/bbt...-bk5-naHGhaleon

He says he thinks it's mostly correct, with a few things that could get shuffled around. His biggest complaints about this list was that he thinks Yu and Es are probably the best but otherwise the top 4 are definitely the top 4, and that the tier list rates all the DLC characters too low. Also Ragna is way too high on this list. I'm sure you could make arguments about Tager/Waldstein and poo poo but both of them are above average characters and the top 5 or so are pretty well defined. Carmine probably has the most potential of the newer DLC so I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as one of the best chars.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Maybe they'll announce they're going to run the Marvel circuit again, but with mvc2?

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Countblanc posted:

It feels like most of the persona cast isn't very good, or is at least poorly represented other than Yu maybe (and I've been seeing less of him too). Of course it's also like week 3 so who knows what people will find but yeah

Yu is extremely strong, Yosuke is ultra gimmicky but also seems extremely strong due to his air mobility and having better options to reset it and convert off it compared to P4. Chie is strong, Yukiko might be viable as Carmine's battery, Kanji is poo poo, Naoto we have no idea. Aigis is a monster but lol trying to play her in netplay and she's going to take time to unlock her full Magneto potential she had in P4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I think the important thing to remember is that even the trashier characters still feel really fun to use, unlike games where the tiers are more radically stratified (DBFZ) or equivalently uninteresting (SFV). It's got that ST feel for me where I am tempted to just close my eyes and see who I get. Except for Platinum but only because it's the worst character design ever and I don't want to see it

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Maybe they'll announce they're going to run the Marvel circuit again, but with mvc2?

lol

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The trashiest characters in BBCTB can still rip off like 75% life or more depending on the team if they can ever get their hit in. But I figure in the near future the zoners will be good for stopping exactly that from happening and especially the zoners who can get a combo started after pushblock.

Nu pushblock into any combo starting with her 5B is extremely dirty.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Razer was showing off that "cancelled" MVCI stick at E3, I wonder if it indicates anything about further support from Capcom - if not, why bother? Game's dead.
https://twitter.com/StillGrowinProd/status/1006643557531246592

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Razer was showing off that "cancelled" MVCI stick at E3, I wonder if it indicates anything about further support from Capcom - if not, why bother? Game's dead.
https://twitter.com/StillGrowinProd/status/1006643557531246592

This is so loving hilarious and sad at the same time I don't even have words.

I'm going to be playing MvC2 for the rest of my life and you know what, that's completely fine and doesn't even feel like I'm "settling"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Is Chaos Code worth 50% off even though nobody is likely playing it?