Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Jelly Omelet posted:

Thinks for the suggestions everyone. West of loathing looks pretty neat. I probably never would have even looked at it if no one mentioned it. I think I'll give it a shot.

I've been on the fence on Stardew Valley for a while now. Oh the one hand I have really wanted something to scratch that animal crossing itch. On the other hand I'm not so sure if I could get sucked back into a game like that after how much time I spent on new leaf. I wish there was a demo to help me decide.

Just make sure to inspect every spittoon. Every single one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bushisms.txt posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Joy...H3XL&ref=plSrch

They're even half off right now. Seriously, they're the best, I don't even use the batteries.

Mine:

Can you use these attached to the switch? None of the Amazon photos show that.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I don't have them but I would say no because it looks like they are attached to the rail on the sides.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah you'd probably have to get a big system sized grip separately if you want more to grab onto when it's portable mode switch.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

No not handheld. They're for table top and docked. There's a bunch of cheap hand held grips out there though and even some that dock.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib4eFkhk5kQ

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I noticed this a couple days ago. Did you/somebody else change your avatar?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Lobster posted:

I noticed this a couple days ago. Did you/somebody else change your avatar?

It was weird, at first somebody changed my av in an attempt to be insulting, but it quoted a real good post I made so I liked it. Then a couple hours later somebody changed it to whatever the hell it is now.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Guy Goodbody posted:

It was weird, at first somebody changed my av in an attempt to be insulting, but it quoted a real good post I made so I liked it. Then a couple hours later somebody changed it to whatever the hell it is now.

OK, so I wasn't making it up that it was two different things really fast.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

mario tennis is good

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Tennis is a lot of fun. My main gripe: the music. What's here isn't bad but there are only a few songs and each one plays every match.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Also, unrelated to Tennis, the locking mechanism on the black grip for my right joycon is stuck in the lock position. It's been awful to use since i bought the Switch in Dec. It snaps into place easily but removing it from the joycon feels like I'm going to break something.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wildtortilla posted:

Also, unrelated to Tennis, the locking mechanism on the black grip for my right joycon is stuck in the lock position. It's been awful to use since i bought the Switch in Dec. It snaps into place easily but removing it from the joycon feels like I'm going to break something.

Call Nintendo before it gets worse.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Housh posted:

Octopath NOW!

Octopath Wall Street!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Bongo Bill posted:

Within that basic framework, Hyrule Warriors has a lot more variety in the hero units and Fire Emblem Warriors has a number of minor tweaks that make things a bit more pleasant to deal with.

But the main difference is one is such hot garbage that anybody who likes it should feel ashamed of themselves, while the other is gaming perfection and anybody who dares criticize it should be put in the guillotine with my friend Waluigi as the executioner.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Call Nintendo before it gets worse.

It's on the top of my list of things to do tomorrow!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Mega64 posted:

But the main difference is one is such hot garbage that anybody who likes it should feel ashamed of themselves, while the other is gaming perfection and anybody who dares criticize it should be put in the guillotine with my friend Waluigi as the executioner.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Finally, tits in the Switch thread.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Will the new shining game be good?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Anidav posted:

I'm sure your av is of someone famous but it looks like my friend Ronnie. Like just like him. Theoretically it could be him because he's a mildly famous person, actually. But I'm guessing it's not him.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Anidav posted:

Hahaha.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

So.... With Microsoft and Nintendo playing nice together, and rumors abound at more collaborations coming in the future, when can we expect Cuphead: Switch Edition?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Never. :negative:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
fire emblem warriors is good and fun :)

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Zelder posted:

As a side note, I've won 4 tournaments in tennis aces and I think it's time I go professional. Who do I contact to get into esports

Wait until Reggie challenges you, and beat his Ryu. Then challenge him to a Bigfoot Pizza eating contest. If he accepts, you're a professional eSports

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fly with me posted:

So.... With Microsoft and Nintendo playing nice together, and rumors abound at more collaborations coming in the future, when can we expect Cuphead: Switch Edition?

When switch allows an xbox streaming ap

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Why can I still not play Picross 3D on my Nintendo Switch :argh:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Sorry, only characters confirmed for Smash can execute me.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

The Lobster posted:

I'm sure your av is of someone famous but it looks like my friend Ronnie. Like just like him. Theoretically it could be him because he's a mildly famous person, actually. But I'm guessing it's not him.

Anidav’s av is one of those Teen Conservative characters who get famous every so often for wearing their dad’s suit and going on TV to say “actually, immigrants are bad” or something. This one is named Caleb Bond and he’s from Australia.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Anidav posted:

it's a ps3 port

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Real hurthling! posted:

When switch allows an xbox streaming ap

The new MInecraft game will soon give Xbox achievements, so it's not too far out of the question.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Weedle posted:

Anidavs av is one of those Teen Conservative characters who get famous every so often for wearing their dads suit and going on TV to say actually, immigrants are bad or something. This one is named Caleb Bond and hes from Australia.

That's about the level of famous Ronnie is. He was in Season 11 of Big Brother so he has a lot of random people that recognize him or like stalk him online and poo poo. But I wouldn't call him a celebrity.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

eonwe posted:

yall I can't wait for Octopath

God, same. I'm so ready for Octopath and to run around stealin' poo poo with my boy Therion.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Tonight is a night of great debate. Mario Tennis or Hollow Knight???

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wildtortilla posted:

Mario Tennis. I know I’m in the extreme minority here but I find Hollow Knight really dull.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wildtortilla posted:

Splatfest!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I just updated Minecraft, but it downloaded a whole new version of the game. I guess I'll take that opportunity to start a new world -- anything big & new worth noting, besides crossplay?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Is Minecraft still fun? I haven't played it for a long time

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
So far Im really liking Tennis Aces' single player, it's really effective as a tutorial.

• Locked thread