Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Dog Roll Barrett now Best Barrett?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Looked like an AB hand knocking that out of Fofana's hand on the ground.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

reac posted:

Pretty sure Aaron Smith shoved Lacy out of the way at that last scrum near the line to avoid a reverse repeat incident.

First thought was "oh for gently caress's sake, we'll never hear the end of this."

On replay, second thought is "there were shitloads of French defenders. Lacey's poo poo positioning directly led to a try? gently caress the gently caress off, what were the rest of those blue-jerseyed cunts doing?"

reac
Jul 15, 2000

nada corre como un zorro

Vagabundo posted:

First thought was "oh for gently caress's sake, we'll never hear the end of this."

On replay, second thought is "there were shitloads of French defenders. Lacey's poo poo positioning directly led to a try? gently caress the gently caress off, what were the rest of those blue-jerseyed cunts doing?"

Putting my one-eyed All Blacks supporter hat on, I have to say I thought the Frenchman was milking it a bit. He just kept pushing straight at Lacy, making no attempt to get round him.

But I would say that.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Doesn't matter, he directly impeded the player closest to the ball carrier, and with the best chance of making the tackle. Should be a reset scrum to maintain the fairness of the competition.

Though interestingly, there are no laws governing the ref impeding a tackler, only the ball, or ball carrier.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

reac posted:

Putting my one-eyed All Blacks supporter hat on, I have to say I thought the Frenchman was milking it a bit. He just kept pushing straight at Lacy, making no attempt to get round him.

But I would say that.

Yeah he did, but what are you going to do? Push the ref out the way in an aggressive manner? That could go really wrong and the players are ingrained from when you first put on boots to never touch a ref or you'll be banned for life.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

reac posted:

But I would say that.

The thing with Lacey is that if you don't go down like Ronaldo at a World Cup, he'll never call anything. He is absolutely loving shameful and Pro14 fans have had to put up with his shite for years.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Didn't make a difference in the end, what with the French discovering their 6N form again.

reac
Jul 15, 2000

nada corre como un zorro
To be fair, I do think the French were hard done by, but players actively use the ref to shield themselves from being tackled by defenders all the time and nothing gets done. This was just a bit worse than normal.

reac
Jul 15, 2000

nada corre como un zorro
And next issue. Are the All Blacks going to come last in this year's Tri Nations, as some would have us believe?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Sexton in full on bitch mode already.

reac
Jul 15, 2000

nada corre como un zorro
Was that really worth a card?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

reac posted:

Was that really worth a card?

I don't know which one you're referring to but the answer is no.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
The Australian commentators are possibly the sookiest whingers in the world.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Smorgasbord posted:

Can't be much worse than Quinlan calling for yellow cards every five minutes. You'd think broadcasters could get someone decent.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Looks a bit damp in SA.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

If a scrumhalf drives your 8 backwards 10 metres in a tackle, you've got some serious problems.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Vaders Jester posted:

If a scrumhalf drives your 8 backwards 10 metres in a tackle, you've got some serious problems.

Yep...that's probably it for Hughes as an international.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

sleep with the vicious posted:

Yep...that's probably it for Hughes as an international.

Sinckler is having a shitshow as well.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Guscott thinks England have had the better attacking opportunities...

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

SA starting to look a bit fragile.

Oh SA, so bad.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 23, 2018

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:toot: Hastings with a nice step and pass there. George Horne might be Scotland's 9 for the 6N at this rate.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

I missed the first ten minutes cause of the soccer, it looks like Argentina are really bad?

E - ^ wee Georgie Horne is the best.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

HappyCamperGL posted:

I missed the first ten minutes cause of the soccer, it looks like Argentina are really bad?

I think the technical term is "dumpster fire".

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Much like their football team.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Phwaor, what a well worked try in the corner there for Horne jr.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

HappyCamperGL posted:

Phwaor, what a well worked try in the corner there for Horne jr.

He and Hastings are coming on well together, even if the Pumas are terrible.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Second half not as good as first there.

Maybe Pumas should just pick some of their Euro based players, can't see how the current set up is benefiting them.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

If that game stays dry, that would have been an absolute prison shanking.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Smorgasbord posted:

It varies, Rod Kafer is reasonably balanced, Greg Clarke is I guess more or less the usual biased commentator. Phil Kearns on the other hand is the absolute worst commentator in the world. He has about as much perspective as a two year old throwing a tantrum. Sometimes I can't believe I'm paying for that poo poo.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Honestly, the people complaining about Justin Marshall have never heard loving Phil Kearns or Jonathan Davies. Sure, Marshy has some annoying catchphrases (BOOMFAH!) and some odd turns of phrase (Me oh my yes I enjoyed that, boy! anyone?) but he's enthusiastic and is willing to critique his own teams. When people criticise him, it's like "motherfucker, have you heard Kearns and Davies commentate?"

I can't imagine how insufferable a Wallabies v. Wales test with both Kearns and Davies commentating would be.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Put in Miles Harrison as well.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Davies is fine, provided that you don't care at all about commentators being objective. I like that he's enthusiastic and animated

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

Honestly, the people complaining about Justin Marshall have never heard loving Phil Kearns or Jonathan Davies. Sure, Marshy has some annoying catchphrases (BOOMFAH!) and some odd turns of phrase (Me oh my yes I enjoyed that, boy! anyone?) but he's enthusiastic and is willing to critique his own teams. When people criticise him, it's like "motherfucker, have you heard Kearns and Davies commentate?"

I can't imagine how insufferable a Wallabies v. Wales test with both Kearns and Davies commentating would be.

I always thought Marshall was one of the better. His co-commentator is far worse for sucking AB dick, regardless of what's happening in front of him.

Worst commentator is Mark Robson. His verbal diarrhea is horrendous. It's like someone with a severe concussion, who had never heard Bill McLaren but had him badly described to them then tried to tell Robson what his style was like and that he should copy it.

This isn't even his worst poo poo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O3jGUXr_tk

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

In case anyone was wondering just how bad Argentina was yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gfOQb-m4U8

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/LimaSopoaga/status/1010823573332619265

Lima Sopoaga, ladies and gentlemen.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Well if next season I see a confused looking kiwi circling Grenfell then I know who it is.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Peter Stringer has retired at the age of 40. He was cool and good.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

julian assflange posted:

Peter Stringer has retired at the age of 40. He was cool and good.

Possibly Stringers greatest moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFMaV_IV164

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reac
Jul 15, 2000

nada corre como un zorro
What the gently caress is going on in Suva?