Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rick and Morty loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead
Ciri sucks, put Saskia and Iorveth in the game. The lore is they’re on vacation.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Drunken Baker posted:

"HEY M-MORTY! LOOK AT ME! I TURNED MYSELF INTO CIRI, MORTY! I'M CIRI-RIIIICK!"

Holy gently caress

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Sio posted:

Ciri sucks, put Saskia and Iorveth in the game. The lore is they’re on vacation.
Well, they weren't anywhere to be seen in W3, so that would explain where they were.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Drunken Baker posted:

"HEY M-MORTY! LOOK AT ME! I TURNED MYSELF INTO CIRI, MORTY! I'M CIRI-RIIIICK!"

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
If you listen to the leaked audio from the demo you can clearly hear Ciri sneeze at 13:41.

Really though it was cool to hear the "wows" in the crowd when they were showing off the crowd density and stuff. Jackie's VA sounded like a mix between John DiMaggio, Danny Trejo, and one of those Arkham City goons. V sounds a bit smug which I guess is in keeping with her male counterpart's performance in the trailer. I have a feeling V's arc will be "headstrong nobody tries to take a bite out of Night City until they've bitten off more than they can chew."

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I'm not sure it's a male protagonist that narrates the trailer. It could just as easy be that solo dude they've introduced in that printed material they were handing out.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I really hope this game supports HDR and 21:9 on PC and that we have video cards that can do 4k 60 on ultra settings. 2 years is enough time, right?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

No, because Ultra will include HairWorks.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

First 4k HDR monitors with G-sync will appear soon. No idea when they will get to reasonable prices, right now they are 2000$.
I'll probably sync my monitor +gfx upgrade with this game release.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

alex314 posted:

First 4k HDR monitors with G-sync will appear soon. No idea when they will get to reasonable prices, right now they are 2000$.
I'll probably sync my monitor +gfx upgrade with this game release.

Something for you to watch out for or at least be mindful of is that these new 4k monitors that do >60hz are using chroma subsampling to reduce the bandwidth requirements.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Lowen SoDium posted:

Something for you to watch out for or at least be mindful of is that these new 4k monitors that do >60hz are using chroma subsampling to reduce the bandwidth requirements.

Is this bad? If so, how?

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

GreatGreen posted:

Is this bad? If so, how?

Basically it means that the grayscale/brightness information of your image (luma) is displayed at 4k, but the color (chroma) information is displayed at a lower resolution. Because of how humans perceive things, you probably can't tell for most things but it is really bad for text clarity on computer monitors. I am assuming that the subsampling would/should only be used in games and not in desktop UIs.

Most 4k TVs do this any most people wouldn't notice the difference, but on a computer screen you are sitting less than 3 feet from, maybe?

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Until new interfaces are released (display port and HDMI) there's not enough bandwidth to feed the data to monitors. 4K at 120Hz with HDR10 takes a fuckton of bandwidth.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

alex314 posted:

Until new interfaces are released (display port and HDMI) there's not enough bandwidth to feed the data to monitors. 4K at 120Hz with HDR10 takes a fuckton of bandwidth.

Yeah, and I get that. I am just saying the extra GPU power needed to run 4k at >60hz and the cost of a 4k g-sync HDR high refresh rate monitor might not make sense if subsampling is required to make it all work. I think that 1440p at 120hz or more and HDR sounds better, at least on paper.

I could be wrong, since I haven't tried one of the upcoming 4k monitors. It might be like an electric handjob every time you play a game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Drunken Baker posted:

Cyberpunk 2077: I'M CIRI-RIIIICK!"

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Hamelekim posted:

I really hope this game supports HDR and 21:9 on PC and that we have video cards that can do 4k 60 on ultra settings. 2 years is enough time, right?

Yeah same. I've got an Acer Predator 21:9 monitor that runs at 100hz and it's fantastic. Plus it isn't so much information to be pushed that you need some hosed up way to connect from your video cars to the monitor itself. Those super rad 4k monitors running at a billion hz sound cool but they can't be easily run. 21:9 is a great aspect ratio too, especially for first person games :getin:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
NVidia has been taking ages to push even an incremental update to the current GPUs, good luck with these exponential gains in just two or three years.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

steinrokkan posted:

NVidia has been taking ages to push even an incremental update to the current GPUs, good luck with these exponential gains in just two or three years.

at the very least maybe cyrpto will finally implode and GPU prices will go through the floor

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

steinrokkan posted:

I don’t think anything needs to be exponential. Linear inter-generation gains would put us in a good place.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I mean, assuming the normal rate of power increase, 4k 60fps doesn't seem realistic for mainstream gaming in 2020, it's still going to be an enthusiast market.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Oh yeah, I assume enthusiast hardware, but you won’t need to get a Titan or SLI or whatever.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I'll be playing cyberwitcher on my refurbished original xbone on the lovely old flat screen TV my old roommate left at my house and it'll be just fine

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

CainsDescendant posted:

I'll be playing cyberwitcher on my refurbished original xbone on the lovely old flat screen TV my old roommate left at my house and it'll be just fine

Same but on my insanely sick ps4 pro and a 55 inch 720p

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Man some of you are really mad at the idea of an amusing cameo.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Turbl posted:

I think it'd be really cool if the game didn't reference the witcher at all

if the game allows the player to own a house or car or cat or whatever i am going to name all of them Roach

in zelda i have three Roaches and one Big Roach and that game doesnt even have a witcher developer connection, it just has horses you can name

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I think they should tell people they put Ciri in and then not do it just to gently caress with them.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

$24.99 Ciri DLC and it just adds her model standing in a T-Pose in the middle of a street.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Potsticker posted:

$24.99 Ciri DLC and it just adds her model standing in a T-Pose in the middle of a street.

Star Cirizen

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Potsticker posted:

Clipping halfway through the ground and rapidly stretching into the air and you've got a deal.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Delacroix posted:

Clipping halfway through the ground and rapidly stretching into the air and you've got a deal.

Day 1 mod right here.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Honestly, I bet they're gonna put some sort of Ciri tease in there anyway. Everyone expects it so it's natural enough for them to play it off - even if some of the devs are annoyed with being asked about it or the idea of connecting the two games.

Cyberpunk 2020 has an insanely detailed character creation system, and I'm curious to see how much of that carries over into 2077. Not only is there your standard stuff like gender, ethnicity, and appearance but the whole Life Path system can make for some interesting backstories. Like, your parents can sell you for money into a CyberPirate fleet and all you have left of them is a family photo. Maybe someone else in the fleet frames you for a murder and now you're hunted by every Solo in town. Maybe you have a crazy ex-lover in a position of power who has an axe to grind. I know there's only so much they can do for a video game since tabletops allow for tons of variability with the player's imagination but it would be cool for a bunch of these Life Path options to be available in the character creation section, with maybe a few lines of dialog or an item or two to reinforce the Life Path in-game.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

SirSamVimes posted:

Man some of you are really mad at the idea of an amusing cameo.

Everytime I read something like this, I'm thankful that the people making this game don't have have similar tastes.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I am okay with no cameo but I think they'd be dumb not to make CyberGeralt and CyberCiri as two of the standard presets in the character editors, since so many people already want to play the game as them.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Megazver posted:

I am okay with no cameo but I think they'd be dumb not to make CyberGeralt and CyberCiri as two of the standard presets in the character editors, since so many people already want to play the game as them.

i would much rather play CyberDijkstra aka Guccifer2000

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I think I'll probably just go for the default female V in the trailer, since I like the 'Ciri cosplaying Sombra' look.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Just make them yourself? Not everything needs a goofy tie-in.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

VR is trash

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Cyberturdydumps.

What I’m saying is give me Cyber Bart the Troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Megazver posted:

default female V in the trailer

Where was this