Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
My 61 year old dad just got his first smartphone and he set his lockscreen and wallpaper to Dr. Steve Brule. Just some random zoomed in screencap of his face.

He only has youtube and solitare installed, and he spends as much time as possible at work watching Tim and Eric clips on his phone and trying to show it to his coworkers.

That's true dedication to phone minimalism.

Edit: this is the worst new page snipe of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Wanna meet that dad

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I wonder whatever happened to the two freaks in that foam video. They've gotta be in their 30s by now.

They run a fursuit business, which explains the unique blend of personality flaws on display in the video.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

cash crab posted:

I personally find many advertisements to be AUG. I will also never forgot (:ironicat:) how after 9/11, primetime TV ad slots were filled with memorial coins and plates and dolls, weeks after the event. Stay classy, Spokane.

:911:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I wonder whatever happened to the two freaks in that foam video. They've gotta be in their 30s by now.

Probably in an unhealthy polyamorous relationship.

Pasketti posted:

My 61 year old dad just got his first smartphone and he set his lockscreen and wallpaper to Dr. Steve Brule. Just some random zoomed in screencap of his face.

He only has youtube and solitare installed, and he spends as much time as possible at work watching Tim and Eric clips on his phone and trying to show it to his coworkers.

Your dad is actually the coolest.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I remember these being advertised constantly in the early 2000s. I cannot imagine how tacky the people who bought them are/were. They're probably the same people who know are all "google Qanon"

All these clean desktops. I organize mine but for some reason I think its the early 2000s and keep shortcuts to my most used programs on the desktop. I could just use steam to launch everything but I want those icons for some reason.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Knock down the towers, again and again!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I have a low tolerance for cringe but I have a morbid curiosity about Foam Adventure. Could a kind goon explain what makes it so infamous?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Arcsquad12 posted:

I have a low tolerance for cringe but I have a morbid curiosity about Foam Adventure. Could a kind goon explain what makes it so infamous?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLmD_69pXpk
See for yourself!

But wait, there's more!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPlHa2OtZY8

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Pasketti posted:

No rules but Brule's Rules!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Tiny Lowtax posted:

:vince:

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Wowie zowie I have never even made it far enough, until today, to see them yelling at people out the car window.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I can get about as far as them in the car before stopping. One day I should really watch the end.

They're now claiming that it was a joke the entire time, but considering that they're serious furries I take that with a grain of salt. Every time I've interacted with furries, it's been pretty similar.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Pasketti posted:

It's actually the best snipe and I commend you for your service

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Hey. I love you

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Ok I watched the whole foam adventure but this is just too far. I made it to 22 seconds. That's all I needed to see.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Dixville posted:

Ok I watched the whole foam adventure but this is just too far. I made it to 22 seconds. That's all I needed to see.

You owe it to yourself to watch at 1:30

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Here are the foam people in 2018:

The first shirt was made by the 2nd person, so apparently they're still a thing. Good for them!

Cage has a new favorite as of 04:21 on Jun 25, 2018

Robot Cuttlefish
Apr 6, 2016

chitoryu12 posted:

They're now claiming that it was a joke the entire time, but considering that they're serious furries I take that with a grain of salt. Every time I've interacted with furries, it's been pretty similar.

I mean would that really make it any better?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cage posted:

Here are the foam girls in 2018:

The first shirt was made by the 2nd girl, so apparently they're still a thing. Good for them!

I'm shocked by how old Riley looks, until I remember that it's almost 10 years since Foam Adventure. poo poo is moving way too fast.

In a similar vein, we have this video (commentary by ChipCheezum and General Ironicus). It's a pretty perfect example of what 15-year-old anime cosplayers are like even now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlC0eJ6m-1M

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Yeah, I'm going to jail for having that in my watch history

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This is from last page, but I find it really gross when people with bushy beards, (like the pretentious motherfuckers in the photo), drink beer from a beer mug.

I have never let my beard get that long, but even then when I had one I always got foam on my top lip, foam I would later have to suck off using my bottom lip in a way that was never attractive. And I never quite got it all, so I would end up with sticky, beery hair all around my mouth.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Fumaofthelake posted:

You owe it to yourself to watch at 1:30

I got to the tail sprouting out of the cartoon rear end and turned it off again :flip:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Awkward, Ugly & Gross: I got to the tail sprouting out of the cartoon rear end and turned it off

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I've never made it the whole way through, and today is not the day I change that.

I finished it once and realized that it was filmed not too far from where I live.

:ohdear:

Obv the anime furries are long extinct but still. Heck of a revelation.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm glad they grew up and stopped wearing a ton of accessories. What is it with people and their piling on just random poo poo? Do they think by wearing it makes up for their lack of personality, it makes them quirky and unique?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
That's just normal stuff for a rave.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Awkward, Ugly & Gross: I got to the tail sprouting out of the cartoon rear end and turned it off

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Thats the person at the rave you never buy drugs from, ever.

HUMANOID ORGANISM
Apr 1, 2017

100% AUTHENTIC
CARBON RICH STRUCTURE

twistedmentat posted:

I'm glad they grew up and stopped wearing a ton of accessories. What is it with people and their piling on just random poo poo? Do they think by wearing it makes up for their lack of personality, it makes them quirky and unique?

Like the bright colors on a poisonous frog, it is nature's warning to stay far away.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

twistedmentat posted:

It all just amounts to wanting more attention. You can substitute the bracelets with piercings, or w/e. These people feel like they aren't enough, aren't good enough, so they try to add *more* to themselves to get attention to validate their existence. The content is interchangeable.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
It's worse if they do it in a way that isn't acceptable mainstream. Because now they're insecure *and* they think it's okay to be different.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is from last page, but I find it really gross when people with bushy beards, (like the pretentious motherfuckers in the photo), drink beer from a beer mug.

I have never let my beard get that long, but even then when I had one I always got foam on my top lip, foam I would later have to suck off using my bottom lip in a way that was never attractive. And I never quite got it all, so I would end up with sticky, beery hair all around my mouth.

Guess I'm outing my own AUG here, but.. one of the best features of a massive beard is being able to wring it out for a free drink at the end of the night.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Duh Ugh posted:

Guess I'm outing my own AUG here, but.. one of the best features of a massive beard is being able to wring it out for a free drink at the end of the night.

no

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
you already paid for the drink, you just set it aside bit by bit so it can get nice and warm and infused with hair oil

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

It is us. We are the AUG.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Just lol if you don't rub Fernet Branca into your beard every night before bed

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dennis McClaren posted:

It all just amounts to wanting more attention. You can substitute the bracelets with piercings, or w/e. These people feel like they aren't enough, aren't good enough, so they try to add *more* to themselves to get attention to validate their existence. The content is interchangeable.

I wonder if its Anime too, because anime characters always have a lot of superfluous accessories.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

twistedmentat posted:

I wonder if its Anime too, because anime characters always have a lot of superfluous accessories.

When in doubt, always assume it's anime unless proven otherwise.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

If not anime specifically, definitely Japan in general, because that looks like some sort of halfassed decora style, which is I guess supposed to look like you sprayed someone with glue and rolled them through a pile of stickers and barrettes and candy.

Only like all those weird Japanese street fashions it looks even more ridiculous when it's not a teenage Japanese street model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Just lol if you don't rub Fernet Branca into your beard every night before bed

check out mister top-shelf liqueur over here. some of us have to soak our matted hair in grey goose, thank you very much