Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreadlord Seraph
Jun 26, 2018

by R. Guyovich
Hey, you guys should really let me back into your discord. Seraph#8250

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
All that talk about that gun and no one talks about how stupid and ugly the suit is.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Dreadlord Seraph posted:

Hey, you guys should really let me back into your discord. Seraph#8250

Mmm...Nah.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

join4discord is a thing now?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Awesome! posted:

People want the secret discord tech.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/lnP1oeF.gifv

Dreadlord Seraph
Jun 26, 2018

by R. Guyovich

Awesome! posted:

Actually I joined to make this post https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838405&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=483#post485454507

My asking for discord access is just an afterthought.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

:3:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Want to fund something with a pledge counter /funding tracker that isn't smoke and mirrors? Consider checking out Summer Games Done Quick. Donate some dollaroos and maybe win a prize, or at the very least help yourself feel better.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJgzlnUkrbw

e:
Person 1. Newbie - Producer on the weapons - 2 part question
Q WHERE IS THE PROGRESS ON WEAPON ATTACHMENTS?
A: uhh, ..... uh..... with 3.2 introducing weapons 2.0, the system is there, that works. The part that doesn't work yet is allowing the players swap the attachments out.
Disco : Sounds similar to poo poo modularity system.

TLDR: NO.

Q WHAT ABOUT THE SUBCOMPONENTS FOR SHIPS?
A : all the components, asset ready, BUT THE SYSTEM IS NOT THERE. YOU CAN"T DO ANYTHING. Scheduled in the backlog.
Disco: Backlog, priorities.

TLDR : NO.

Person 2 Dan , Lead system Designer
Q: (disco talks a bunch of poo poo) 10,000 pyramid questions, what are your plans to punish griefers to let the pirates do their job
A: Uh.... few things in the plan! Law system, WHAT IS A PIRATE, AND WHAT IS GRIEFING? Where to draw the line?! WE WANT PEOPLE TO GRIEF MINERS. Otherwise the miners are going to find it boring! Its a matter of "do you kill someone to loot them?" - Pirate, if you kill him so that he doesn't want to play the game - griefing. Law bubbles incoming. (More talking out of his rear end) Pockets of different things that you are allowed / disallowed to do. You choose which pocket you want to be in! (more handwavium and bullshittery). We cannot have a TOXIC environment in the game.

Person 3 John, Ship Pipeline Director.
Q: Are you currently working on Crash Landing Animation for planet surfaces.
A: No.

Q: If large ships are meant to be unable to outmaneuver flighters, why are the main guns range so short?
A: They should be, uh... the intention is they shoot further to hit further.with weapon 2.0 in 3.2, weapons will be completely different. Conversion from XML to data forge
TLDR : Maybe

Q: What is DataForge?
A: An XML Editor.

no_recall fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 26, 2018

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

Two hundred million dollars and seven years to change the internationally recognized keypad layout.

This is pretty much the essence of Star Citizen

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

I trust Star Citizen is still bad?
Bottom tier bad, indeed

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Friends, peep this game. It's currently on sale on Steam and is super cool.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3856470

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

no_recall posted:

Q: (disco talks a bunch of poo poo) 10,000 pyramid questions, what are your plans to punish griefers to let the pirates do their job
A: Uh.... few things in the plan! Law system, WHAT IS A PIRATE, AND WHAT IS GRIEFING? Where to draw the line?! WE WANT PEOPLE TO GRIEF MINERS. Otherwise the miners are going to find it boring! Its a matter of "do you kill someone to loot them?" - Pirate, if you kill him so that he doesn't want to play the game - griefing. Law bubbles incoming. (More talking out of his rear end) Pockets of different things that you are allowed / disallowed to do. You choose which pocket you want to be in! (more handwavium and bullshittery). We cannot have a TOXIC environment in the game.

Confirmed, mining is boring unless its combat, in which case its not mining.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

no_recall posted:

WE WANT PEOPLE TO GRIEF MINERS. Otherwise the miners are going to find it boring!

Mining permits are available for the low price of 10mil credits. Praise James 315!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Agony Aunt posted:

Star Citizen is so fidelitious that you can mine other ships in combat.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

trucutru posted:

Hey Tru, hit me up about XCOM, I need some pro advice.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

trucutru posted:

Mining those salty tears.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Mining as an activity is at its most fun when you need to explore and navigate treacherous unknown terrain to perform the act of mining. Man mining was fun as gently caress if you played Terraria unspoiled, that first time you dug too deep into some ancient procgen ruin and a boulder fell on you, and you're dragging your half dead body to get a few hits of sweet sweet iron while worried you're going to run out of torches and if that's a skeleton you hear. Mining is the stuff around the actual poke poke of the pickaxe that makes it satisfying.

I feel like Star Citizen is not going to deliver on that kind of fun.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Meridian posted:

Hey Tru, hit me up about XCOM, I need some pro advice.

Man, I haven't played X-COM in a while. Time to fix that after I finish the mountains of pending work I have

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

no_recall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJgzlnUkrbw

e:
Person 1. Newbie - Producer on the weapons - 2 part question
Q WHERE IS THE PROGRESS ON WEAPON ATTACHMENTS?
A: uhh, ..... uh..... with 3.2 introducing weapons 2.0, the system is there, that works. The part that doesn't work yet is allowing the players swap the attachments out.
Disco : Sounds similar to poo poo modularity system.

TLDR: NO.

Q WHAT ABOUT THE SUBCOMPONENTS FOR SHIPS?
A : all the components, asset ready, BUT THE SYSTEM IS NOT THERE. YOU CAN"T DO ANYTHING. Scheduled in the backlog.
Disco: Backlog, priorities.

Person 3 John, Ship Pipeline Director.
Q: Are you currently working on Crash Landing Animation for planet surfaces.
A: No.

Q: If large ships are meant to be unable to outmaneuver flighters, why are the main guns range so short?
A: They should be, uh... the intention is they shoot further to hit further.with weapon 2.0 in 3.2, weapons will be completely different. Conversion from XML to data forge

Q: What is DataForge?
A: An XML Editor.

That’s about the sum of it!

We don’t have a solution, but please don’t assume we don’t admire the problem.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

G0RF posted:

I'm sorry that you're upset.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
[quote="no_recall" post=""485459832"]
[/quote]

So the intention is you blow them up at range. Doesn’t range based culling defeat the point of this design plan? Or hell, even all the hosed up distances.

(I know, it’s all make believe, but fun to post flaws)

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

G0RF posted:

We have your money, but don't assume we don't want more of it.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Drunk Theory posted:

So the intention is you blow them up at range. Doesn’t range based culling defeat the point of this design plan? Or hell, even all the hosed up distances.

(I know, it’s all make believe, but fun to post flaws)

Tbh I still have no idea what they're talking about, but my take is that because the server can't track the shots indefinitely and propagate all that data to all the clients to ensure fidelity, therefore the smartest and laziest solution is to set a limit to how far the bullets can travel and disappear from the game.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
But backers, DO NOT WORRY. They'll just dataforge it and everything will be OK!

So, buy an Idris!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Star Citizen is good

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

Star Citizen is good

Sez who?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Bootcha posted:

Sez who?

him

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Or you maybe? I forget.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

who edits out a whomp reference

WHO DOES THAT. Ronnie would be so disappointed.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
This SnoopSnoo site is dangerous... #doxxersanonymous #notalldoxxers

Kazan

StarLoop

MrHerpDerp

Vertisce

Humanevil

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Pixelate posted:

Star Citizen:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
I'm done fighting and training with dork swords

Pixelate posted:

This SnoopSnoo site is dangerous... #doxxersanonymous #notalldoxxers

What makes a man? Is it a pitiful pile of collation? Or the extent of his scam?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I think we’re close to breaking space_addict.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

I think we’re close to breaking space_addict.

The decisions that make one pledge are the fracture within the windscreen

One bump on the road and it could become a spider's web of posts, pledges and prostrations

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

http://www.reddit.com/r/creepyPMs/comments/8pwtnz/guy_repeatedly_insults_me_in_home_defense_thread/e0en0vy

When he’s not busy shilling for daddy Chris he likes to harass women too

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Agony Aunt posted:

Has mining ever been fun in a space game?

I just finished the story in Rebel Galaxy and while mining was not exactly fun they did make it rather painless. Fly to an asteroid field and look for the small elongated black asteroids or fly to an ice field and use a scan pulse to see which of the ice shard may drop something. If you don't have the fault tracker add-on in your ship, just shoot said asteroid or ice shard with a mining laser and then tractor one piece of loot in. If you do have the fault tracker, use the scan pulse near the asteroid to highlight specific areas you can shoot for a chance at more loot than normal. Things found this way will typically be somewhat competitive with doing missions, so it's not really very grindy.

Oh, and skip normal grey asteroids, as well as the ice shards that don't get highlighted by the scan pulse, as they either drop nothing or possibly 1-2 pieces of the worst commodity in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bofast posted:

Has mining ever been fun in a space game?

It's pretty ok in Astroneer, mainly because destruction of voxel terrain is always fun.