Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

aniviron posted:

Is anyone else not getting progress towards friend progression? My roommate, who I added the day this came out, still says "If you keep playing together for 5 more days, you can become great friends!" We've exchanged gifts every day, taken down a few gyms together, traded, and done lots of game-friend stuff, but it's been stuck at five days. My other two friends on here who I added the day after are both stuck at 6 days each as well.

Yes its only a visual bug, it happens when one of you keeps sending gifts first. The person who opens them first gets the friendship increase while the sender bugs out. If you do it the other way for a day you also get back to the right amount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I finally got my last ghost this morning :woop: Now on to 10 raids which hopefully won't take 2 months like the last step. Hatched 4 eggs this morning too so hopefully today's gifts will bring some sweet Alolan eggs. I even have a blue Persian now. I sent out gifts to who I could but the list makes it hard to tell who I've hit already so I'm just working down and trying not to miss anyone. It's been a good day.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Is the doc closed down? Or did I lose access?

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
Yesterday I Friended about 50 of you, sent you all a gift and added myself to the spreadsheet.
Now I'm drowning in gifts. :)

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jun 26, 2018

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I just requested access to the spreadsheet. Send me presents!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Cowslips Warren posted:

I haven't done anything with it but suddenly I have 8 million emails for people requesting access. I just got to work so I'll have to address it when I punch out.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

It still works for me, but I'm getting a network error that says it's failed to sync. Weird.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

pod6isjerks posted:

You're making the decision whether or not to evolve my perfect IV Pichu into a Raichu even more difficult.

DONT TOUCH THAT PICHU!!!!!!

You could max it out for funsies, but baby hundos are keepers.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Yes its only a visual bug, it happens when one of you keeps sending gifts first. The person who opens them first gets the friendship increase while the sender bugs out. If you do it the other way for a day you also get back to the right amount.

The jurys still out on whether this is correct or not. If one person always gives and the other always opens, friendship always updates for that person. When a new friendship level is reached, it updates for both.

If you alternate days for being the first to open a gift, you both sync friendships, but seem to not gain friend xp every day.

We'll see what happens when people should hit Great Friend level, but it may not be entirely visual.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Figured I'd get back into this after not touching it for a year and a half, wouldn't mind getting in on the gifting.

7120 4001 7458

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Pez posted:

I finally got my last ghost this morning :woop: Now on to 10 raids which hopefully won't take 2 months like the last step. Hatched 4 eggs this morning too so hopefully today's gifts will bring some sweet Alolan eggs. I even have a blue Persian now. I sent out gifts to who I could but the list makes it hard to tell who I've hit already so I'm just working down and trying not to miss anyone. It's been a good day.

You don't actually need to win the raid. When I was doing mine, right around when it first came out, I found a Snorlax raid happening and just kept throwing lovely mons at it while not bothering to actually battle it, because what was the point. There was actually one other person doing the same thing with me, we both sat there and lost to Snorlax probably five times.

I finally got an Alolan vulpix after hatching about ten alolan eggs, and I have like 47 Vulpix candy now.

Added my trainer code to the spreadsheet.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Can I get a link to the spreadsheet again please? The Old Link just says it can't be found?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Can I get a link to the spreadsheet again please? The Old Link just says it can't be found?

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I haven't done anything with it but suddenly I have 8 million emails for people requesting access. I just got to work so I'll have to address it when I punch out.

tldr thread, please wait until im off work and can find out wtf happened to the sheet tonight

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Pez posted:

You can't get credit for the same raid multiple times anymore, so 10 days without premium raid passes. Credit is given as soon as you enter the lobby and spend your pass though so it doesn't matter if you can't beat the raid if you just want your day's credit.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I have a 96% Alolan Muk from merry old England now.

I feel like an extremely lazy world-traveler.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

What would I, a Texans fan, have any opinion to the Seahawks?

(seiferguy gave me a gift from the 12 Club in Seattle).

As a fellow Texans fan let me offer my condolences as our team always bounces out of the playoffs like a wet fart :ohdear:

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Looks like the next field research Pokemon is a Snorlax. I wish it were the dogs, but I could always use more Snorlax candies.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Soysaucebeast posted:

Looks like the next field research Pokemon is a Snorlax. I wish it were the dogs, but I could always use more Snorlax candies.

That’s just one of the reward encounters, along with ditto, Pikachu, and some others. They haven’t revealed who the 7 day reward quest will be yet.

I’m dumb, breakthrough is Body Slam Snorlax. That’s a pisser :(

GPTribefan fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 26, 2018

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
RAINBOW GRIMERS :allears:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Nah, reread the announcement. It’s Snorlax.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Aw man, and here I (a rural player) thought I was finally going to get one of the doggies :(

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I looked through my collection and I have three Body Slam Snorlax but they're lower CP, I kept them because of the legacy move. So maybe I'll get a usable one from this. I was still hoping for Raikou though.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
My code: 1575 8186 2231

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
https://venturebeat.com/2018/06/26/pokemon-go-has-its-most-players-since-summer-2016/

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
okay somehow the sheet got set back to private

here's the link again https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GK85Jia55E0PKs3VIq7rVjb6CklfnVOADUAiGSy-UjY/edit?usp=sharing

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I have zero body slam snorlax so I am ok with this

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
What is Body Slam Snorlax even good for?

I'm no fancy pants raider but it would seem not to be super effective against anything...

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Body Slam Snorlax used to be THE best defender in the game before everyone had 6 perfect Machamps and Blissey didn't exist. Now defending gyms has become less about movesets and more about berries so :shrug:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

HookShot posted:

You don't actually need to win the raid. When I was doing mine, right around when it first came out, I found a Snorlax raid happening and just kept throwing lovely mons at it while not bothering to actually battle it, because what was the point. There was actually one other person doing the same thing with me, we both sat there and lost to Snorlax probably five times.

I finally got an Alolan vulpix after hatching about ten alolan eggs, and I have like 47 Vulpix candy now.

Added my trainer code to the spreadsheet.
Yeah I've got a gym in walking range and I'm planning to just throw lovely mons at it twice.

Well, four times, twice in a raid and twice normally.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Look at this dickhead.

Five shiny mons in a gym, and this absolute moron tosses in a boring old non-shiny lapdance.

I know the phrase "worse than Hitler" gets thrown around a lot lately, but...

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

~Coxy posted:

What is Body Slam Snorlax even good for?

I'm no fancy pants raider but it would seem not to be super effective against anything...

Like mentioned above, it was the hardest hitting defender out there in those early days due to how quick it could pump out Body Slam attacks. Offensively I'd say it's more useful to have STAB 3-bar body slams over heavy slam which is only good for 3 types.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

The Zombie Guy posted:

Look at this dickhead.

Five shiny mons in a gym, and this absolute moron tosses in a boring old non-shiny lapdance.

I know the phrase "worse than Hitler" gets thrown around a lot lately, but...

I generally ride my Lapras instead of the other way around...

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Very happy about Snorlax. I still don't have one. I saw there was one in the wild near my home once and rode my drat bike all over trying to find him. No idea how I missed that fat guy.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

I generally ride my Lapras instead of the other way around...

Years ago, I got a Lapras named Lapdance as a Wonder Trade, and since then it stuck.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I have re-downloaded just in time for this cool ice bird I have lovingly not renamed.

It is my first legendary and I look forward to his utility as "gently caress is that another dragon in that gym?"

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
When is the new special research thingy coming out anyway?

Thanks to all gifting buddies, I've managed so far to regift everyone since I got lucky and have a gym right outside the window. The postcards are a bit boring though, but I'll make an effort this weekend and send pics of castles and rune stones and poo poo.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Edit: SPECIAL research, my bad.

Speaking of, they better leave Mew up, I haven't done that yet.

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jun 27, 2018

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I wonder what other non-legendaries they'll put in Field Research. I think Lapras is a strong contender, because she is another Poke that was hard to find, although I hear the water festival helped some people with that. Porygon would be very very welcome. I had 10 upgrades and no Porygon to use them on.

For Special research they're probably going to go with Celebi next, but I hope they leave Mew up for people just starting.

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost
They've said before that Mew quests will always be avaliable, they're just gonna add additional special research later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Hatched nine alolan eggs in a row, eight of 'em were Meowths

Getting real tired of your poo poo Niantic

• Locked thread