Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shadowlyger posted:

Holy poo poo, really? Dude is loving tiny.

Yeah, the Lakeside Laboratory in Ocarina has a measuring stick that places Link at five three. I think BotW Link might even be slightly shorter, every adult NPC towers over him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I don't remember Pac Land

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

King of Solomon posted:

Please don't kill DeDeDe run :(

I am very curious now.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Oxyclean posted:

I'm convinced the people who like Pac-Land do so because they are blind from playing too much Pac-Land and it's horrible garish visuals are the only thing they can still see.

It's beautiful

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
The only thing wrong with the Pac-Land stage was that it didn't have the stage music from the game that was basically just an instrumental version of the Hanna-Barbera Pac-Man cartoon theme song.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

I'm convinced the people who like Pac-Land do so because they are blind from playing too much Pac-Land and it's horrible garish visuals are the only thing they can still see.

I've never played Pac Land and it's one of my favorite Smash stages. I even managed to get my group into it and they normally hate scrolling stages.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

The Bee posted:

I am very curious now.

I just looked it up

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/85zedl/umebura_31_granting_us_the_gift_that_keeps_on?sort=new

The rules

https://twitter.com/GBRIN151/status/975830581161283584

Which i believe is (roughly)

-4 player game, everyone selects DDD. Pac-Land is the stage

-300% health, items set to Bob-ombs and Green Shells (high frequency drop rate)

-Your goal is to try and make it as far as possible throughout the stage, while holding Jet Hammer (press down and B and hold B) the entire time. You can only get over obstacles by walking and jumping

The goal is to get everyone to the finish, though I imagine you can change this up to a 2v2 or FFA type game as well

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I do not believe people love pokefloats sinceraly

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Bee posted:

I am very curious now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wlcbWhHdxM

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I do not believe people love pokefloats sinceraly

I do

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mercury Crusader posted:

The only thing wrong with the Pac-Land stage was that it didn't have the stage music from the game that was basically just an instrumental version of the Hanna-Barbera Pac-Man cartoon theme song.

Probably some weird rights issue with HB.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Adult Link is five foot three

This is canon and I love it

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Not a Children posted:

This is canon and I love it

Its why I've never liked him in Smash. In all the 3D games he's a little dude with a gymnast's build who's light on his feet and does a ton of acrobatic flips.

In Smash he's heavy and slow as gently caress.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

If Pokefloats makes it what would the omega and battlefield versions be like

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It would be cool if the Pokémon floats were in the background then.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Battlefield platforms are Unown on their sides, so you can only see which ones they are by pausing and swinging the camera up. Platforms are always the same size, but randomize which Unown they are every match.

Don't know what the main part of the stage would be, though...

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Which Pokemon has the flatest head

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

slev posted:

Which Pokemon has the flatest head

Bongo Bill posted:

Omega Poke Floats 2 would be the Avalugg float. It is the only pokemon that is flat enough.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Zore posted:

Its why I've never liked him in Smash. In all the 3D games he's a little dude with a gymnast's build who's light on his feet and does a ton of acrobatic flips.

In Smash he's heavy and slow as gently caress.

You'd be pretty heavy and slow too if you were hauling around a sword, boomerang, bow and arrows, infinite bombs, a grappling hook (made out of thick metal chain!), all while trying not to rip your tights.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Link is explicitely a bad swordfighter and has to rely on gadgets and magic I thought? poo poo, he can't even jump without magic in most of his games!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

RareAcumen posted:

Why do people like Fountain of Dreams? I only remember it being a Battlefield clone
fuckin excellent dude

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moriatti posted:

Link is explicitely a bad swordfighter and has to rely on gadgets and magic I thought? poo poo, he can't even jump without magic in most of his games!

I mean in BotW he's a high ranking knight and got there through skill.

Doesn't jump isn't the same as can't. There's no reason to be jumping all around everywhere. He doesn't have a Talk button either, but that doesn't mean he's literally mute

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I will compromise.

no story mode, but give us online DDD run.
no Waluigi, but give us Rabbid Waluigi

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

The Bloop posted:

Doesn't jump isn't the same as can't. There's no reason to be jumping all around everywhere. He doesn't have a Talk button either, but that doesn't mean he's literally mute

Also all of the Links in each game are different people, minus OoT > MM I think. but yeah it's usually descendants of descendants of descendants or the fucker somehow asexually reproduces

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Next to what character's are in, the thing I care about most (because I'm dumb) is character colors/costumes! Here are my thought's so far on what I'm likely to use.

Bayonetta: Haven't played her game, so unsure what to pick. Probably go with green, which I uses the most in Sm4sh.
Bowser: Blueshell come to life! Though I might do grey as well. Will need to see them in action.
Cloud: Suffers from 3rd party "meh" choices. I guess movie teal or purple, not that they vary much.
Corrin: I love her orange armor. Never cared for her male skins.
Donkey Kong: Green sloth Kong! Though yeti is always tempting.
Fox: I really like the black jacket with the green highlights.
Ganon: Probably stick with the smurf look.
Ice Climbers: Lemon & Lime!
Ike: I prefer the old skin to the one with the giant pauldron, but can't decide what color I like. Will have to see them in action.
Inkling: The green skull is the clear winner, though I like the look of the navy ink.
Kirby: Classic black & white.
Link: While I'm a little disappointed Fierce Deity is missing his chest plate, it surprisingly looks like the costume I wear the most in BOTW, so I'll stick with that.
Little Mac: The Hooded Wireframe is back! Favorite skin in the whole series.
Mario: I like the new Wedding and Builder outfits, but will probably still with Amerio. I love that ugly pattern.
Marth: I can never decide on him. I guess the purple cape? Kind of don't care.
Mega Man: Grey and Yellow for that construction feel.
Mewtwo: Still disappointed the proper green from Melee is still gone. Guess I'll settle for cyan.
Ness: Probably bumble bee, but am considering the tile pattern.
Pac-Man: Oven mitts, cause your going in the fire!
Pikachu: I mourn losing the goggles (hopefully to Pichu) but am happy Libre is here to smash!
Pit: Probably stick to blue wings.
Pokemon Trainer: Wish there where more images of the pokemon. Probably blue, as that's the Charizard I used in Sm4sh.
Ridley: Need to see what they do with Meta Ridley. With the current options, I'm liking the silver with green accents and the red snes boxart.
Ryu: Meh karate man. Grey? Black?
Samus: If Dark Samus alt is gone, she better be an echo. Probably go with the fusion suit in it's place.
Sheik: The vaguely Tetra pallet, cause ninja pirates are cool.
Snake: Either jaguar or red to hide in the explosions.
Sonic: More meh. Gold rings? Silver? Glowy?
Villager: Four Ball tee looks like me in Animal Crossing.
Zelda: I think I like the red brunette waifu best.

Saving opinions on the rest, which weren't in the demo, until we get more pics or info.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dizz posted:

Also all of the Links in each game are different people, minus OoT > MM I think. but yeah it's usually descendants of descendants of descendants or the fucker somehow asexually reproduces

There’s a few other games that feature a Link from a previous game like Zelda 2, Link’s Awakening, and Phantom Hourglass.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ken should at least be a costume and name change for Ryu, like alph or the koopalings.

Really he should be an echo fighter but I totally get if they don't put that effort in for third party characters.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

No more echo fighters

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

fuckin excellent dude

This isn't helping my case but I only remember it somewhat hazily from Melee so I'm going off a poor memory of the stage a dozen years ago.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

glitchwraith posted:

Next to what character's are in, the thing I care about most (because I'm dumb) is character colors/costumes! Here are my thought's so far on what I'm likely to use.

Bayonetta: Haven't played her game, so unsure what to pick. Probably go with green, which I uses the most in Sm4sh.
Bowser: Blueshell come to life! Though I might do grey as well. Will need to see them in action.
Cloud: Suffers from 3rd party "meh" choices. I guess movie teal or purple, not that they vary much.
Corrin: I love her orange armor. Never cared for her male skins.
Donkey Kong: Green sloth Kong! Though yeti is always tempting.
Fox: I really like the black jacket with the green highlights.
Ganon: Probably stick with the smurf look.
Ice Climbers: Lemon & Lime!
Ike: I prefer the old skin to the one with the giant pauldron, but can't decide what color I like. Will have to see them in action.
Inkling: The green skull is the clear winner, though I like the look of the navy ink.
Kirby: Classic black & white.
Link: While I'm a little disappointed Fierce Deity is missing his chest plate, it surprisingly looks like the costume I wear the most in BOTW, so I'll stick with that.
Little Mac: The Hooded Wireframe is back! Favorite skin in the whole series.
Mario: I like the new Wedding and Builder outfits, but will probably still with Amerio. I love that ugly pattern.
Marth: I can never decide on him. I guess the purple cape? Kind of don't care.
Mega Man: Grey and Yellow for that construction feel.
Mewtwo: Still disappointed the proper green from Melee is still gone. Guess I'll settle for cyan.
Ness: Probably bumble bee, but am considering the tile pattern.
Pac-Man: Oven mitts, cause your going in the fire!
Pikachu: I mourn losing the goggles (hopefully to Pichu) but am happy Libre is here to smash!
Pit: Probably stick to blue wings.
Pokemon Trainer: Wish there where more images of the pokemon. Probably blue, as that's the Charizard I used in Sm4sh.
Ridley: Need to see what they do with Meta Ridley. With the current options, I'm liking the silver with green accents and the red snes boxart.
Ryu: Meh karate man. Grey? Black?
Samus: If Dark Samus alt is gone, she better be an echo. Probably go with the fusion suit in it's place.
Sheik: The vaguely Tetra pallet, cause ninja pirates are cool.
Snake: Either jaguar or red to hide in the explosions.
Sonic: More meh. Gold rings? Silver? Glowy?
Villager: Four Ball tee looks like me in Animal Crossing.
Zelda: I think I like the red brunette waifu best.

Saving opinions on the rest, which weren't in the demo, until we get more pics or info.

Hmmm yes hmmm

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

The Bloop posted:

Yeah, BotW Link and Warriors Links are definitely exceptions. Though I still hold BotW Link got there through tactics and gadgets rather than raw swordplay since that is also how to excel at combat in the game.

Link is a great warrior a couple of times, but it's because he's flexible and cunning, not because he's a peerless sword machine.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Moriatti posted:

Though I still hold BotW Link got there through tactics and gadgets rather than raw swordplay since that is also how to excel at combat in the game.

I mean, you could spend a whole bunch of time throwing bombs or setting fires.

Or you could dodge one attack, become Neo in the Matrix, and omnislash a dude to death instantly.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Rainuwastaken posted:

I mean, you could spend a whole bunch of time throwing bombs or setting fires.

Or you could dodge one attack, become Neo in the Matrix, and omnislash a dude to death instantly.

I usually suplimented my omnislashes with stasis fields and arrows.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Omega PokeFloats will be one pink rectangle with a Ditto face on it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I love omega stages

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rainuwastaken posted:

No more echo fighters

:yeah:

I don't get why people want clones all of a sudden. A neat name doesn't make them any less cloney.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ken has always been a clone of ryu but over time has been diferentiated enough to be an echo fighter. Are we back to thinking he'd use up a "slot" or some poo poo?

It's pretty unlikely that they'd create the name echo fighter and an on screen symbol and anything and then literally make only one (Daisy) and carry one over (DPit)

I think there will be a few

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

:yeah:

I don't get why people want clones all of a sudden. A neat name doesn't make them any less cloney.

clones are badass

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Echoes are meant to have minor mechanical differences, a Ken clone of Ryu would actually be pretty faithful to how they function in Street Fighter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Bloop posted:

Ken has always been a clone of ryu but over time has been diferentiated enough to be an echo fighter. Are we back to thinking he'd use up a "slot" or some poo poo?

It's pretty unlikely that they'd create the name echo fighter and an on screen symbol and anything and then literally make only one (Daisy) and carry one over (DPit)

I think there will be a few

People are suspecting Shadow will be one since now there’s a Knuckles assist trophy and his hasn’t been seen yet. If that actually happens then I think Ken will be a safe bet.