Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

ah yes, that's it. tyvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

wyoming posted:

Does anyone remember which movie was using germicidal UV lights, because of how they looked, not realizing they were burning the poo poo out everyone on set?

I think that was Blade 2

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Polka_Rapper posted:

It was literally the first search I did as well. You can do a custom multi-keyword search by separating them with commas. I plugged two of what seemed to be the most important from your post into it and got this. https://www.imdb.com/search/keyword?keywords=stalker,pop-star

Meanwhile it took forever for "The Vindicator" because it never actually mentions Mars in the wiki or IMDB page.
Thanks again for finding "Vindicator." It's on Youtube and it is a time capsule of 80s bad sci-fi glory.

It's funny that the one thing that stuck with me was the almost throwaway references to Mars exploration. They could have easily said the not-Robocop suit was for undersea exploration or military applications.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

couldcareless posted:

I think that was Blade 2
It was, yeah. They were old soviet lights and the set designers picked them up at a flea market, I think. People started having eye problems on set and they couldn't figure it out until they brought in a doctor who was old enough to have seen those lights in their original context, and who immediately called everyone idiots and told them to go home and hope to gently caress they didn't do permanent damage.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

My Lovely Horse posted:

It was, yeah. They were old soviet lights and the set designers picked them up at a flea market, I think. People started having eye problems on set and they couldn't figure it out until they brought in a doctor who was old enough to have seen those lights in their original context, and who immediately called everyone idiots and told them to go home and hope to gently caress they didn't do permanent damage.

Snipes was totally fine though. Never took his shades off the whole movie....

Parachute
May 18, 2003
hell, he decided for trinity he should just not open them at all some days

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DandyLion posted:

Snipes was totally fine though. Never took his shades off the whole movie....

If he hadn't then we wouldn't have got this shot:

https://i.imgur.com/aHNXWsY.gifv
:hellyeah:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Also if I remember correctly at least of the crew ended up with a sunburn on their cornea.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

wyoming posted:

Does anyone remember which movie was using germicidal UV lights, because of how they looked, not realizing they were burning the poo poo out everyone on set?

Blade II.

Ed: drat, fooled by an extra page.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I'm gonna ask for another one.

I saw this when I was a kid, it's an episode of Outer Limits or Tales From The Darkside or another sci-fi horror anthology.

There's these people who are keeping a monster in the dust chute of a hotel and they're feeding guests to it, throwing them down the chute. The monster looks terrible, like a flaccid dick with teeth. I think in the end it's "owners" get fed to it by the plucky young protagonist.

I watched it in the mid 90s and it was on straight after an episode of the Outer Limits where a scientist gets injected with nanomachines that evolve him into the perfect being (eyes start growing on the back of his head, becomes invulnerable etc). I've found this episode since but never came across the Monster in the Chute episode, I was certain it was Outer Limits but none of the episode recaps make sense.

Edit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Breed_(The_Outer_Limits) is the Eyes in the Back of the Head episode

Kosmo Gallion fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jun 28, 2018

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Carl Killer Miller posted:

I'm putting together a movie night specifically themed on rich people getting ruined, hopefully in a schadenfreude kind of way. Think like the end of Trading Places. I've definitely seen movies with this theme before but can't think of any and it's surprisingly hard to google for this theme.

Ideas?
still in theaters I know but

jurassic world fallen kingdom third act kinda

not nearly enough though

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

I saw this when I was a kid, it's an episode of Outer Limits or Tales From The Darkside or another sci-fi horror anthology.

There's these people who are keeping a monster in the dust chute of a hotel and they're feeding guests to it, throwing them down the chute. The monster looks terrible, like a flaccid dick with teeth. I think in the end it's "owners" get fed to it by the plucky young protagonist.

I watched it in the mid 90s and it was on straight after an episode of the Outer Limits where a scientist gets injected with nanomachines that evolve him into the perfect being (eyes start growing on the back of his head, becomes invulnerable etc). I've found this episode since but never came across the Monster in the Chute episode, I was certain it was Outer Limits but none of the episode recaps make sense.

Edit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Breed_(The_Outer_Limits) is the Eyes in the Back of the Head episode

There's no chute, but the dick monster and old people fit the wonderful movie, Brain Damage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub0QVniKTmg

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Also if I remember correctly at least of the crew ended up with a sunburn on their cornea.

I believe there was a whole story that the entire crew went home and had to suffer through their eyeballs peeling. I believe there was a first hand account of that from Del Toro

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I'm watching some old interview with Del Toro to see if I can pin down that quote and I must say they're delightful. Here's one where he talks about forcing Wesley Snipes to watch anime movies as prep for the film: https://vimeo.com/49748541

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

This sounds like the Tales from the Darkside episode "A New Lease on Life".

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

couldcareless posted:

I believe there was a whole story that the entire crew went home and had to suffer through their eyeballs peeling. I believe there was a first hand account of that from Del Toro

Is this in the commentary or something? These stories are amazing. Also, someone else mentioned the "he didn't open his eyes" part of the Blade 3 commentary already.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Alan Smithee posted:

still in theaters I know but

jurassic world fallen kingdom third act kinda

not nearly enough though

Maybe echoing the "not nearly enough", but Relic had some panicked rich people. That said, they're at a fundraiser for a museum so they're kinda okay in my book.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Do any of them get owned though? Cuz that security guard got really owned

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Alan Smithee posted:

Do any of them get owned though? Cuz that security guard got really owned

There's some human trampling and I think a few don't fare well in the sewers. But again, not explicitly evil wealthy people.

Now that I think about it, Taken has a shockingly low number of evil wealthy deaths. What the hell?

But that makes me realize that Hostels would count.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

#1 Some people end up in a hosed up village and one of the victims is on stage where they pump him full of manure until he explodes and it sprays all over the audience. Another victim is on the floor of the stage with some vegetables and they walk a horse around him and the horse steps on his head and crushes it. Not sure if this is from the same movie (let me know) but at the end, one of the protagonists tries to escape by running across a field and gets blown up by a landmine.

#2 A woman in her 20s or 30s is on the autopsy table and they have no idea who she is, but they figure it out by the serial number of her breast implants. I think she might have been Russian.

#3 Not sure if this is a movie or a short story as I've only heard about it, but somebody has a deep hole in their backyard filled with monsters of some sort. The homeowner feeds the monsters and ends up either getting too comfortable or confident or something and ends up getting eaten by the monsters.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Is #2 Pain & Gain?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

#1 is Inbred

EDIT: According to the plot description your spoiler is the end, yeah. I haven’t seen it, I googled “horror movie manure explode” and it came up. Sounds hosed up lol

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

SkunkDuster posted:

#3 Not sure if this is a movie or a short story as I've only heard about it, but somebody has a deep hole in their backyard filled with monsters of some sort. The homeowner feeds the monsters and ends up either getting too comfortable or confident or something and ends up getting eaten by the monsters.

Sounds like The Pit.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

codyclarke posted:

Sounds like The Pit.

Red Letter Media coverered this one in an episode of Best Of The Worst and it was :psyduck:

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

SkunkDuster posted:

#2 A woman in her 20s or 30s is on the autopsy table and they have no idea who she is, but they figure it out by the serial number of her breast implants. I think she might have been Russian.

This happens in Seagal's Glimmer Man. It's bad-good right when he moved from good self important action star to unknowing self parody.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Origami Dali posted:

I think this might be it. I recognise the two maintainence guys and the garbage disposal is all accurate. I'm watching it now to see if the monster is the same as I remember.

SkunkDuster posted:

This could be season 2 of The Wire when McNulty finds a floating body in the Baltimore bay.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Can anyone help me identify a movie in which the protagonist was a young woman who was trying to solve a murder at her university, and all of the act breaks ended with a freeze frame that turned into a kind of storybook illustration?

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

I can't tell you the source but I remember very clearly that the hotel/apt. complex/building the story was set in was called the Saint George. I only know this because this was on TV when my family was on a road trip staying at a motel in St. George, Utah. I always remembered the coincidence.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

#1 is Inbred

EDIT: According to the plot description your spoiler is the end, yeah. I haven’t seen it, I googled “horror movie manure explode” and it came up. Sounds hosed up lol

That's it. I tried googling some terms and mostly came up with farming results.

Ape Agitator posted:

This happens in Seagal's Glimmer Man. It's bad-good right when he moved from good self important action star to unknowing self parody.

That's it. Funny, this is the second time I've posted in this thread and it turned out to be a Seagal movie.

codyclarke posted:

Sounds like The Pit.

I read the wiki plot summary and it is very similar to what I was thinking, but it's not it. I remembered another detail that they guy was feeding the monsters in the pit and they were giving him gold or jewels or something valuable in return.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Is it this short story Hey You Down There? Apparently adapted into an episode of Amazing Stories called Thanksgiving with David Carradine

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Is it this short story Hey You Down There? Apparently adapted into an episode of Amazing Stories called Thanksgiving with David Carradine

That is exactly it! Thanks much!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I saw a clip on the forums ages ago where it was like some british hunting party in a pub and they started singing the hip bone's connected to the thigh bone song but I can't remember it at all. Every time he came to the end of the line he'd slap something with a riding crop I believe

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Milo and POTUS posted:

I saw a clip on the forums ages ago where it was like some british hunting party in a pub and they started singing the hip bone's connected to the thigh bone song but I can't remember it at all. Every time he came to the end of the line he'd slap something with a riding crop I believe

You're probably thinking of The Ruling Class

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Harime Nui posted:

Bingo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWdxezzDHKo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Harime Nui posted:

It was peter o toole. For some reason I wsa thinking christopher lee.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

SolarFire2 posted:

I can't tell you the source but I remember very clearly that the hotel/apt. complex/building the story was set in was called the Saint George. I only know this because this was on TV when my family was on a road trip staying at a motel in St. George, Utah. I always remembered the coincidence.
Man, I remember the exact show you're talking about but I can't find it. It's not the Twilight Zone reboot (I checked every episode description), so I'm still looking.

Origami Dali posted:

Yup, that's it! Thanks!

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Trying to figure out where a scene I remember is from.
Navy boat or sub springing leaks, with a big (obese maybe, or just hugely built) guy clamping leaking pipes with a sort of metal tube plate thing. Can vividly remember it spraying around everywhere when trying to clamp it and him managing to clamp it.
The tone of the scene was serious situation, like the boat/sub was going to sink or catastrophically fail if the leaks weren't sealed.
It's not U-571 which is what I was watching when I had the scene pop into my head.
Could be from the 90s or early 2000s as I remember it from when I was a teen or younger.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Spiteski posted:

Navy boat or sub springing leaks, with a big (obese maybe, or just hugely built) guy clamping leaking pipes with a sort of metal tube plate thing. Can vividly remember it spraying around everywhere when trying to clamp it and him managing to clamp it.
The tone of the scene was serious situation, like the boat/sub was going to sink or catastrophically fail if the leaks weren't sealed.
It's not U-571 which is what I was watching when I had the scene pop into my head.
Could be from the 90s or early 2000s as I remember it from when I was a teen or younger.
This is very common in sub movies. I'm going to guess K-19: The Widowmaker, which is a good movie even if I'm wrong, or Das Boot which is a 3+ hour submarine epic and is pretty much guaranteed to have that.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Spiteski posted:

Down periscope I think? Garbage quality but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRvVZVXLxqo&t=3431s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It could also be an engine room scene from Titanic? I haven't seen it in forever though.