Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I'm on a discord server about animation (there's even some Studio Yotta people there), and one of the people there has friends on the crew and saw a reel of it last year (though kept mum before this info started popping up)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Three Caballeros was one of my favorite films to watch as a kid, and I still watch it once a year or so

I hope that’s real
I need it

Give me more Jose
Give me all the Jose

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Man, it's really weird that they're releasing this with no fanfare at all. Kids and older Disney fans should be all over this, why not promote it some? Granted, I haven't seen this show in motion, but it doesn't look like a cheap cash-in based on the stills.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Tumblr User ask-the-hatbox-ghost posted:

…so it feels unlikely you'd know anything about it, but since you're in charge of the other current Duck animation, and like the 3 Caballeros… okay, do you know ANYTHING about "Legend of the Three Caballeros"? Where does it come from? Why is it not anywhere online? Is it all a hoax or what?

Ducktales Head Writer Francisco Angones posted:

I’ve seen an episode of it, but know very little about it. It was made before we started on DuckTales by a group outside of Disney TVA, possibly meant to be more educational than entertainment-based? It feels sort of like an alternate universe rooted more in the old Donald shorts than anything Barks-related- there’s no sign of Scrooge, the nephews, Gyro, Duckburg, lots of humans everywhere, etc., with April, May, and June standing in for the kid protagonists. I think Tony mentioned they made a bunch of them, but I don’t know how or when or for what platform.

Ultimately it was done before we ever started up on our show, so it had no baring on us postponing our Three Cabs episode idea- that was more of a production concern than anything else. Would still love to have Panchito and Jose on the show. Maybe some day…

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Sockser posted:

Three Caballeros was one of my favorite films to watch as a kid, and I still watch it once a year or so

I hope that’s real
I need it

Give me more Jose
Give me all the Jose

I know this all too well.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

It's been a while, but Captain N is back. With sports.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/HypraSeaPea/status/1010391822110056448

lol Gumball has no chill

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is there some filter on the video or did the mom get a new voice?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Honestly that's part of the reason I stopped watching, show started feeling too real in a way I really don't want my entertainment to be, especially animation

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
:allears: Gumball

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Man I completely fell off the Gumball train but it's really really good. I'm going to have to pinpoint where I dropped off and try to catch up.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
here's the intro to that three caballeros cartoon people have been talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49dGTw5nYvI

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Apparently one of the producers on the show is Matt Chapman but not that Matt Chapman, and it was produced by Disney Interactive

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Holy poo poo, Brendon Small is in Clarence?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Desperate Character posted:

here's the intro to that three caballeros cartoon people have been talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49dGTw5nYvI

So are they going to have two concurring series with Donald as a character? that seems uncharacteristic of Disney.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Changing “three gay caballeros” to “three brave caballeros”

:allears:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

paradoxGentleman posted:

So are they going to have two concurring series with Donald as a character? that seems uncharacteristic of Disney.

apparently it was fully produced before ducktales began production and there aren't actually any plans to release it in america

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp
So here's a neat thing that's happening:

https://twitter.com/DanaTerrace/status/1010973708603744256?s=19

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Man, Summer Camp Island looks like it could be alright, but it could also end up being insufferably twee.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Miraculous news:
So apparently July 1st will be the Queen's Battle two-parter that introduces Queen Bee, Chloe as the Bee Miraculous holder and the season finale will be another two-parter called The Hero's Battle, that introduces Nino as the Turtle Miraculous Holder, Carapace. The final episode even hints at the introduction of the Peacock, as the title is Mayura, which is the Sanskrit word for Peacock

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Been watching Sheep in the Big City. Just finished the first season out of 2. That was a pretty great episode. Great use of misdirection. I also loved how done with everyone's poo poo the Narrator was. Him and the Ranting Swede were my favourite gags.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Senerio posted:

Miraculous news:
So apparently July 1st will be the Queen's Battle two-parter that introduces Queen Bee, Chloe as the Bee Miraculous holder and the season finale will be another two-parter called The Hero's Battle, that introduces Nino as the Turtle Miraculous Holder, Carapace. The final episode even hints at the introduction of the Peacock, as the title is Mayura, which is the Sanskrit word for Peacock
Seems that in the first two-parter, Ladybug is going to gently caress up big time by losing the Bee miraculous while trying to get it to its intended recipient, and since it's already known that Chloe is going to become Queen Bee... Hoo boy, Marinette is going to love that.

Canadians get all the luck, as they're going to have five or possibly even six new episodes in August.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Alex and Dana hit the 16K stretch goal and now they're playing through the fanmade Gravity Falls dating sim. What a time to be alive. :allears:

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Star looks weird with five fingers, but yeah, that's a pretty righteous thing to do.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

amigolupus posted:

Alex and Dana hit the 16K stretch goal and now they're playing through the fanmade Gravity Falls dating sim. What a time to be alive. :allears:

https://twitter.com/TheMysteryofGF/status/1011850671971295234

What a time, indeed.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
After the Charlottesville Unite the Right rally, Dana Terrace also raised money for the SPLC by doing an art stream of cartoon characters punching Nazis.

https://twitter.com/danaterrace/status/897704214792740864?lang=en
https://twitter.com/DanaTerrace/status/897705157760339968

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

apparently it was fully produced before ducktales began production and there aren't actually any plans to release it in america

Kinda weird, reminded oddly enough of Sonic back in the 90s, when they had very different incarnations of the franchise, as cartoons, comics or even manual translations, for different regions. It mostly ended up backfiring when the fanbases all met on the internet and got to arguing. But Disney's been doing this for years, even while they've neglected the Mickey cast and their cartoons in general for a long time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

And so far the Three Caballeros cartoon is pretty good. Kinda weird given the contrast from the tone of the new DuckTales (makes sense given it was apparently produced before the new one started. I think it's the same guy voicing Donald?) but doing the cartoon shenanigans just fine.

Also that minotaur is definitely me in the morning.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think it's the same guy voicing Donald?) but doing the cartoon shenanigans just fine.
Yeah, Donald has been voiced by Tony Anselmo in every media appearance since 1985. He kind of varies the performance up a bit depending on the production, so for something like Kingdom Hearts or this new show he'll usually make Donald a bit easier to understand since he has a more prominent role.

I didn't catch who was voicing Jose and Panchito, but they seem to have been recast. Rob Paulsen and Carlos Alazraqui used to play them whenever they'd pop up. I don't remember the movie well enough to know if the new guys are better voice matches.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

This definitely feels like more of a miniseries than the episodic DuckTales, maybe it got kinda buried because Disney didn't know how to sell it? Episodes so far have been ending on cliffhangers.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

J-Spot posted:

Yeah, Donald has been voiced by Tony Anselmo in every media appearance since 1985. He kind of varies the performance up a bit depending on the production, so for something like Kingdom Hearts or this new show he'll usually make Donald a bit easier to understand since he has a more prominent role.

I didn't catch who was voicing Jose and Panchito, but they seem to have been recast. Rob Paulsen and Carlos Alazraqui used to play them whenever they'd pop up. I don't remember the movie well enough to know if the new guys are better voice matches.

Except this one for some reason where he's instead voiced by a guy named Daniel Ross.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Larryb posted:

Except this one for some reason where he's instead voiced by a guy named Daniel Ross.

I'll be damned. I wonder what's up with that. Google didn't turn up any information.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They're starting to promote the TTG movie on CN and man, it's still a bit offputting to see TTG with such high production values.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
They just started TTG season 5, and frankly, the values on that have gone up noticeably as well.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've started rewatching Blake Holsey High on dailymotion because I loved that show. I really like the Janitor, he's a fun character and I like his place in the narrative as the guy who is from so far in the future even other future dwellers can't comprehend it. That's a cool idea.

I also love Josie's threat in episode 2 - "Broken arm or not if you touch my journal again I'll split you like the atom!"

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 6, 2018

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Has anyone talked about the Big City Greens yet. A clip of it came up and it made me watch the whole season. Good stuff.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Summer Camp Island just feels like the Fredinator/Pendleton Ward brand of humor's really run dry. Its not bad, and the middle school girl's art book style of drawing is consistent. I'm just sick of it and its hilarious its blowing its season load in one weekend.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It feels like the "student film" joke in the reboot episode of TTG but played straight. Just so much whimsy. A bit too much whimsy. And yeah, it feels like something that would have come out at the beginning of the decade, like real season 1 Adventure Time.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, I can safely say it's pretty obvious why they're burning it off. They realized it wasn't good enough to find an audience, so they're burning it off as fast as possible so they can sweep it under the rug, Sym-Bionic Titan/Beware the Batman style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's like cotton candy. It's super sweet and a little of it can be good, but when you bite into it, there's not actually a lot there and it'll give you a stomachache if you have too much.