Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Ms Boods posted:

I'm afraid.

It's not actually that scary of a movie, you'll be alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Inspector 34 posted:

It's not actually that scary of a movie, you'll be alright.

Thanks, Dave.

:v:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

DrBouvenstein posted:

Along with things like anti-seize compound, brake fluid, etc...

First time replacing my brakes, watched a couple videos, I think I'll manage it ok.

Nice! I just bought new pads and shoes/springs for the rear too... I'll be redoing my brakes early tomorrow morning as well. Hoping I finish before the temps and humidity rocket into the nineties :negative:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
A hockey jersey, under half price with all the deals Dicks has going on right now.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

big mean giraffe posted:

A hockey jersey, under half price with all the deals Dicks has going on right now.

Is this the on-ice version, or a repro? I've been wanting to get a legit jersey, but not willing to Shell out ~$300 for it.
E. Nevermind, I can tell from the neckline it's a repro

E2. VVV hmmm, good to know. Thanks for the info

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 19:14 on Jun 29, 2018

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

1redflag posted:

Is this the on-ice version, or a repro? I've been wanting to get a legit jersey, but not willing to Shell out ~$300 for it.
E. Nevermind, I can tell from the neckline it's a repro

It's an Adidas authentic/pro series. They unfortunately make a different line for consumers than the actual on ice jerseys now, unlike Reebok, but they're still really nice and much higher quality than the others, and still has the fight strap and better fabric. Don't expect to find actual on-ice Adidas cheap ever

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

A Curta Type II, to keep the Type I company. It has an 8 digit counter and an 11 digit input.

It's amazing what level of detail and care that went into the Type II. Even the sliders are metal. Quite a hefty gizmo, relatively speaking.

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spy_Guy posted:

A Curta Type II, to keep the Type I company. It has an 8 digit counter and an 11 digit input.

It's amazing what level of detail and care that went into the Type II. Even the sliders are metal. Quite a hefty gizmo, relatively speaking.

Where and how in God’s name did you acquire such quality Curtas. They are so ridiculously expensive. I’ve been holding out hope somebody would do reasonable repros at a price most could afford.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

That's really interesting. The wiki says a few hundred thousand were produced and that they run 900-1800 depending on model. You mind if I ask how much you paid?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Hats:

Black and Gold edition Gamer Hat

SNES Super Famicom edition Gamer Hat

N64 hat

Streaming gear:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KHMUQ2M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C4WN465/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UOOTCS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wolfenstein II: New Colossus for switch

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Hope you have a good AC if you're sitting under those hot lights for long. I'd recommend you return them and go with LED panels 1000x

I've used Neewer LEDs in the past to great success. This would be the go to if I were looking for a studio setup.

https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Packs...L70_&dpSrc=srch

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

High impact violence is right :getin:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The youtuber starter pack eh? That 64 cap is pretty deece tho

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

N64 hat is dope where do I get one

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RCarr posted:

N64 hat is dope where do I get one
i wanna know too

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I really like that n64 hat.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

VanguardFelix posted:

Where and how in God’s name did you acquire such quality Curtas. They are so ridiculously expensive. I’ve been holding out hope somebody would do reasonable repros at a price most could afford.

The problem with repros is that the Curta is an incredible piece of precision engineering and machining. I don't think they'd be able to be machined easily enough to bring the cost down considerably. Plus, I'd wager most people these days are more into using their phones over a fancy fishing reel to crunch numbers.

1redflag posted:

That's really interesting. The wiki says a few hundred thousand were produced and that they run 900-1800 depending on model. You mind if I ask how much you paid?

That's fine. I'd say about 1100 for each of them. They're easily the most expensive of the calculators I own. Although they are quite the things to behold.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Found the hat:

https://www.merchandisingplaza.us/N...sMaAuCKEALw_wcB

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Spy_Guy posted:

The problem with repros is that the Curta is an incredible piece of precision engineering and machining. I don't think they'd be able to be machined easily enough to bring the cost down considerably. Plus, I'd wager most people these days are more into using their phones over a fancy fishing reel to crunch numbers.

That's fine. I'd say about 1100 for each of them. They're easily the most expensive of the calculators I own. Although they are quite the things to behold.

Please tell me you have one sitting on your desk and you use it when you do your taxes (which you also do with pen and paper). I actually did my taxes through paper this year for the first time since I was 18 and my dad showed me how to do them. It sorta felt super cool.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Make it say BOOBIES

Internet Victory
Dec 10, 2005
The future is here. Internet!

Spy_Guy posted:

Watching a video on how these work right now. :aaaaa: I want to buy one.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Please tell me you have one sitting on your desk and you use it when you do your taxes (which you also do with pen and paper). I actually did my taxes through paper this year for the first time since I was 18 and my dad showed me how to do them. It sorta felt super cool.

I do have one sitting at my desk, although doing taxes in Sweden is vastly different compared to how it is in the states.
Generally I try to use one whenever I have an excuse. One good example is using the Curta I as a DnD health tracker.

I also have my pick of calculators to use, depending on mood and what I'm doing. :)

DnD health tracker lives in the wooden box under the glass dome

Megabound posted:

Make it say BOOBIES

:eng101:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:five:

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm sure the boobies test is an essential tool for appraising the condition of mechanical calculating machines.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

It's a lot cheaper on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073SBZNZD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

edit: or it was, was $15 shipped when I ordered.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. has a new favorite as of 16:36 on Jun 30, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

It's a lot cheaper on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073SBZNZD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

edit: or it was, was $15 shipped when I ordered.

It probably just shifted to the next seller. That's why I tend to not by from AZ unless it is fulfilled by them.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I got a new Tripod called Travis

And some new headphones, Sennheiser HD 4.40.

Spy_Guy posted:

I do have one sitting at my desk, although doing taxes in Sweden is vastly different compared to how it is in the states.
Generally I try to use one whenever I have an excuse. One good example is using the Curta I as a DnD health tracker.

I also have my pick of calculators to use, depending on mood and what I'm doing. :)

DnD health tracker lives in the wooden box under the glass dome

:eng101:

Worth every penny.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Your posts about mechanical calculators has made me want a shelf of them in the lounge.

But id never use them, they’d gather dust, and I feel like that’d be a waste.

But looking at them on eBay, drat some of them aren’t that expensive.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

VIZIO SB2920-C6 soundbar. Nothing fancy, but better than the TV's speakers.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
If I get a sound bar like that do I need an amp/receiver or can I just plug the thing into the tv and have better-than-tv sound?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They are designed to work without anything else. Though you can hook it up to a receiver of course.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Rolo posted:

If I get a sound bar like that do I need an amp/receiver or can I just plug the thing into the tv and have better-than-tv sound?

As long as your TV has audio outputs, you can connect directly. I have mine connected to the satellite receiver, but just connected it to the TV and it sounds much better.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
There’s a store nearby called Unclaimed Baggage, it’s a huge place. They buy stuff from the airlines by the pallet that goes unclaimed at airports and there is always a ton of random poo poo there.

We went two weeks ago and I got a brand new Echo Show for about $80 less than normal price.

Today I found a PS4 Pro, with a controller, for $229- it was used but works perfectly. $170 off retail!

I love that store but it’s a good thing it’s about 100 miles away because it could be bad for my wallet otherwise.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

As long as your TV has audio outputs, you can connect directly. I have mine connected to the satellite receiver, but just connected it to the TV and it sounds much better.

Also, they are (at least the one my dad has) LOUD.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I don’t think I ever want to consider 100 miles to be “nearby” for shopping.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

colas posted:

Also, they are (at least the one my dad has) LOUD.

Press the little triangle on the remote that points down.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Inzombiac posted:

Press the little triangle on the remote that points down.

Um...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

:psyduck: what the christ.
Is the master volume dixtated by the TV? Use that remote.

Wear some ear plugs.
Throw your dad in the lake.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Rubiks Pubes posted:

There’s a store nearby called Unclaimed Baggage, it’s a huge place. They buy stuff from the airlines by the pallet that goes unclaimed at airports and there is always a ton of random poo poo there.

We went two weeks ago and I got a brand new Echo Show for about $80 less than normal price.

Today I found a PS4 Pro, with a controller, for $229- it was used but works perfectly. $170 off retail!

I love that store but it’s a good thing it’s about 100 miles away because it could be bad for my wallet otherwise.

Who the gently caress doesn't claim their PS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Check the ps4 for baggies of coke