Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DicktheCat posted:

I'm partial to "spiders are knobs" myself.

It's like, in the video where he insists that his head does not look like a sodding tic-tac, I think the underrated line is, "I think all cats are dickheads, actually."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

china bot posted:

add JaNee to the Mormon lady's chalkboard of bad babby names

She's having another baby!

Titan, Laikynn, and Tatum are going to have a sibling.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I have the cure for this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJV-O1e10z8

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
A classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdi8VI0reDI

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's like, in the video where he insists that his head does not look like a sodding tic-tac, I think the underrated line is, "I think all cats are dickheads, actually."

tbf, he's not wrong. I say this as someone who really likes cats and has had them their whole life.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

DicktheCat posted:

tbf, he's not wrong. I say this as someone who really likes cats and has had them their whole life.

Agreed. Cats are awesome, but they're total assholes. That's just part of the charm.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
They're just fluffy adorable little psychopaths that would totally murder you if they were bigger.

But they aren't and you feed them so they tolerate you instead.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
You weirdos have bad cats

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

God drat this is magnificent.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

You weirdos have bad cats

I rest my case. If you think your cat isn't bad they're just really good at faking it.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Nurge posted:

I rest my case. If you think your cat isn't bad they're just really good at faking it.

Haha, my dad's got this pinball machine in his basement. I played it so much as a kid all the audio from it make up 50% of the inane poo poo I utter under my breath every day.

"Whats all that racket!"

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

DandyLion posted:

Haha, my dad's got this pinball machine in his basement. I played it so much as a kid all the audio from it make up 50% of the inane poo poo I utter under my breath every day.

"Whats all that racket!"

Your dad has good taste. It's one of the better old machines out there.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

DandyLion posted:

God drat this is magnificent.

This guy is a classy motherfucker.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Too pure and good for this world.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Megabound posted:

Too pure and good for this world.

If you're in New Orleans, you can visit the Revel Cafe & Bar if you want to see him! He founded it and I believe is still whipping up drinks there behind the bar.

This is the full thing he recites:

quote:

Then comes the zenith of man’s pleasure. Then comes the julep – the mint julep. Who has not tasted one has lived in vain. The honey of Hymettus brought no such solace to the soul; the nectar of the Gods is tame beside it. It is the very dream of drinks, the vision of sweet quaffings.

The Bourbon and the mint are lovers. In the same land they live, on the same food they are fostered. The mint dips infant leaf into the same stream that makes The Bourbon what it is. The corn grows in the level lands through which small streams meander. By the brook-side the mint grows. As the little wavelets pass, they glide up to kiss the feet of the growing mint, and the mint bends to salute them. Gracious and kind it is, living only for the sake of others. Like a woman’s heart it gives its sweetest aroma when bruised. Among the first to greet the spring, it comes. Beside gurgling brooks that make music in the fields, it lives and thrives. When the bluegrass begins to shoot its gentle sprays towards the sun, mint comes, and its sweetest soul drinks at the crystal brook. It is virgin then. But soon it must be married to old Bourbon. His great heart, his warmth of temperament, and that affinity which no one understands, demands the wedding.

How shall it be? Take from the cold spring some water, pure as angels are; mix it with sugar till it seems like oil. Then take a glass and crush your mint within it with a spoon – crush it around the borders of the glass and leave no place untouched. Then throw the mint away – it is the sacrifice. Fill with cracked ice the glass; pour in the quantity of Bourbon which you want. It trickles slowly through the ice. Let it have time to cool, then pour your sugared water over it. No spoon is needed; no stirring allowed- just let it stand a moment. Then around the brim place sprigs of mint, so that the one who drinks may find the taste and odor at one draft.

Then when it is made, sip it slowly. August suns are shining, the breath of the south wind is upon you. It is fragrant cold and sweet – it is seductive. No maidens kiss is tenderer or more refreshing, no maidens touch could be more passionate. Sip it and dream-it is a dream itself. No other land can give you so much sweet solace for your cares; no other liquor soothes you in melancholy days. Sip it and say there is no solace for the soul, no tonic for the body like old Bourbon whiskey.

- Joshua Soule Smith

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 00:03 on Jun 30, 2018

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Zipperelli. posted:

:lol:

Have you seriously seen a box for ethnicity only have "hispanic" and "non-hispanic" in TYOOL 2018?

I mean, assuming you don't live in S. Florida, because that very well may be the case down there.

I’m a firefighter medic and every single medical run, every single patient, we have to choose either Hispanic or White Non-Hispanic. That’s it. No other options. I have no clue why. The city I work in is like 90% middle eastern, and 10% white people. In the tens of thousands of medical runs I’ve done, I’ve treated like 4 Hispanic people.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anyone who takes cocktails too seriously is AUG. They were made to make drinking what was essentially wood alcohol tolerable. They're good and do their job, but gently caress the hell off if you think round ice or pouring $1500 bourbon into a glass with sugar is even remotely classy. Take your medicine like the rest of us and shut the hell up about locally sourced artisanal bitters.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Anyone who takes cocktails too seriously is AUG. They were made to make drinking what was essentially wood alcohol tolerable. They're good and do their job, but gently caress the hell off if you think round ice or pouring $1500 bourbon into a glass with sugar is even remotely classy. Take your medicine like the rest of us and shut the hell up about locally sourced artisanal bitters.

I too am old, bitter, and hate things.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I too am old, bitter, and hate things.

My man! :mad::respek::mad:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Lol psych I'm young and fertile and I like craft coctails and you're lame

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Lol psych I'm young and fertile and I like craft coctails and you're lame

.....I don't know what the opposite of a fist bump is, but you're getting one buddy.

Probably one of these:

https://i.imgur.com/JuKs79K.gifv

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Best cocktail comes from The Talisman:

"Bring me an elementary martini," she said.
The waiter raised his eyebrows. "Madam?"
"Ice in a glass," she said. "Olive on ice. Tanqueray gin over olive. Then--are you getting this?"...
"Yes, madam."
"Then," she said, "you take a bottle of vermouth--any brand--and hold it against the glass. Then you put the vermouth back on the shelf and bring the drink to me, 'Kay?"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Pour some gin over ice and whisper 'vermouth' over it for me."
bartender starts to whisper 'vermouth'
"Woah! Not so loud!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Laikynn looks like it should be pronounced Lichen, so she named her kid Moss basically.

I waited for him to use the mallet, and it was just to smash the ice. I love a well prepared cocktail, but I don't get all elitist because they're loving expensive in some places, so i feel more dumb ordering a 17$ old fashioned so I can't really look down at someone who has a pabst.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I’m a firefighter medic and every single medical run, every single patient, we have to choose either Hispanic or White Non-Hispanic. That’s it. No other options. I have no clue why. The city I work in is like 90% middle eastern, and 10% white people. In the tens of thousands of medical runs I’ve done, I’ve treated like 4 Hispanic people.

:psyduck: I thought it was weird I was asked to specify whether I was "Hispanic/Other/Indigenous" in a town that is 90% white, but you win.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/BackyardOOC/status/1012532953858101248

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

Laikynn looks like it should be pronounced Lichen, so she named her kid Moss basically.

I waited for him to use the mallet, and it was just to smash the ice. I love a well prepared cocktail, but I don't get all elitist because they're loving expensive in some places, so i feel more dumb ordering a 17$ old fashioned so I can't really look down at someone who has a pabst.

Were you expecting the mallet to be used on the mint? Because giving mint more than a slight press will make it bitter.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Final season of Game of Thrones looking different...

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

I think the tic tac guy looks more like if you put Trainspotting-era Ewan Mcgregor in a vice.

Ed: Or if you placed his severed head in one of those souvenir machines where you put in a penny and it turns it into a useless elongated penny

Weldon Pemberton has a new favorite as of 18:46 on Jun 30, 2018

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Zero One posted:

Final season of Game of Thrones looking different...

The expenses kept on growing more and more while the budget stayed the same. They had to cut corners somewhere.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Weldon Pemberton posted:

I think the tic tac guy looks more like if you put Trainspotting-era Ewan Mcgregor in a vice.

I actually watched Shallow Grave yesterday evening (great wee movie, by the way) and I can sort of see it. :tinfoil:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

chitoryu12 posted:

Were you expecting the mallet to be used on the mint? Because giving mint more than a slight press will make it bitter.

I was worried it was going to be used on the mint, but hoped he was going to use it in some unexpected way.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

I was worried it was going to be used on the mint, but hoped he was going to use it in some unexpected way.

It's a good way to crush ice without a machine that creates crushed ice for you.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

I think we goons could make a new baby name book.

Lakynn? Laleynn. (the first L is silent)

Cahleezi

Kuleezi

Kayleeezi

Titann

Tetan? Thor. Thur. Thurs.

Heavenneveah

Purl

Pearll

Pea'R'L

gently caress it. MacKartee Leesleeie.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Cowslips Warren posted:

Cahleezi

Kuleezi

Kayleeezi

Titann

Heavenneveah

Purl

Pearll

Pea'R'L

Pnurtis.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Ghoti.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's like white people are trying to name MMO characters and everything has been taken so they're constantly just entering random words hoping one will work.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Puntl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Cowslips Warren posted:

Cahleezi

Kuleezi

Kayleeezi

Titann

Heavenneveah

Purl

Pearll

Pea'R'L

MycKaarteigh Leighsleigheigh