Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

SirPablo posted:

On vacation in MN, got a brat and pop for $1.50.

Oooh I forgot to post about the brat! We finally got it back in MN, I'm so happy. They switched it to the Polish for a few years and I'm glad to have our "regional" dog back.

We got the cool onion dispensers now and don't have to ask for onion cups anymore! They're on a condiment island away from the fountain drinks now over where some stores have the self-serve order stations. It's over here, but replace the terminals with condiments. Sorry, didn't get a picture.

a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

MisterOblivious posted:

Oooh I forgot to post about the brat! We finally got it back in MN, I'm so happy. They switched it to the Polish for a few years and I'm glad to have our "regional" dog back.

We got the cool onion dispensers now and don't have to ask for onion cups anymore! They're on a condiment island away from the fountain drinks now over where some stores have the self-serve order stations. It's over here, but replace the terminals with condiments. Sorry, didn't get a picture.

a

tbh this doesn't really make sense with the limited menu costco serves. Like i could understand it at most normal places where some clueless poo poo waits till they hit the counter to spend 10 minutes deciding what they want or customizing their order but generally at costco people just walk up, ask for something, and by the time the chip processor is done reading their card they've got their food and are on their way. You only got a handful of options and they're not designed for special orders, no one really seems to gently caress it up.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

ArbitraryC posted:

tbh this doesn't really make sense with the limited menu costco serves. Like i could understand it at most normal places where some clueless poo poo waits till they hit the counter to spend 10 minutes deciding what they want or customizing their order but generally at costco people just walk up, ask for something, and by the time the chip processor is done reading their card they've got their food and are on their way. You only got a handful of options and they're not designed for special orders, no one really seems to gently caress it up.

Idk for every 10 normal "hot dog please" orders, there is the family fatriarch who somehow spends $40 at the Costco food court, and then stands in front of the cash to wait for it and glares at every order that goes out the window. Either because they perceive others are being served ahead of them, or because they are scared someone might take their food. Maybe both?

Math You fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jul 1, 2018

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The Australian Costco food court menu:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
All pork hot dog????

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Renegret posted:

All pork hot dog????

yep

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Renegret posted:

All pork hot dog????

Yeah, a bunch of the non-US ones serve pork, because from what I can tell it's considered more premium than beef.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

how are their meat pies?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

a hole-y ghost posted:

how are their meat pies?

Haven't tried them.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Haven't tried them.
well thanks for your contribution :angel: I should prob go through and get together all these menu pics sometime

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Man I want an aussie meat pie

I don't know what it is but I want one

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

hope and vaseline posted:

Man I want an aussie meat pie

I don't know what it is but I want one
I think it's a type of food thats used as a "floater" :confused:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

binge crotching posted:

Yeah, a bunch of the non-US ones serve pork, because from what I can tell it's considered more premium than beef.

I like both

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

how are their meat pies?

The meat pies in Sydney are greasy as hell, but taste ok. They would go much better with a couple bottles of beer, but I was in between business meetings and couldn't drink.

mundane haircut
May 3, 2007

"I am a couch. I am a couch. I am a couch."
Ultra Carp

Bucnasti posted:

Are Aussie bites just called bites?

Almost!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

:eyepop:

Tytanium
Oct 27, 2006

YASSEAH!

MisterOblivious posted:

a

Which Costco is this? I just checked out the business center yesterday, it's like Costco meets Restaurant Depot. Much larger variety of similar products, which is not Costco's MO, but also has lots of commercial kitchen and cleaning stuff well as office supplies and bulk vegetables/meat.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

All my local Costcos have that kiosk now. The worst part is that there’s a dedicated window for pickup but no line so a bunch of people are just kinda milling around and gettin in the way of the regular line, it’s kind of a mess.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Whoa hold the phone whats this mexican beef bake. I need that.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Hypnolobster posted:

Whoa hold the phone whats this mexican beef bake. I need that.

Looks like the old carne asada bake which was amazing. I guess I need to book another trip to Australia.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

binge crotching posted:

Looks like the old carne asada bake which was amazing. I guess I need to book another trip to Australia.
It took me 15 minutes to get one once. Was not amazing.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
The cheese pizza is way better than the hot dog, fight me.

I like to think of it as taking Costco orthodox communion.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
The pepperoni pizza touched my heart in all the right places. I know it's heresy, but it meant more to me than the dog

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

It took me 15 minutes to get one once. Was not amazing.

That makes me sad, because they used to be the best thing in the food court.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Math You posted:

Idk for every 10 normal "hot dog please" orders, there is the family fatriarch who somehow spends $40 at the Costco food court, and then stands in front of the cash to wait for it and glares at every order that goes out the window. Either because they perceive others are being served ahead of them, or because they are scared someone might take their food. Maybe both?

Those people would probably just take even longer at a self checkout tho.

We had a bunch of groceries stores here that tried to swap their express lanes for self checkouts but eventually gave up and took them out because people are too stupid to use machines and often somehow missed the should be intuitive aspect of "you shouldn't show up to these with a cart full of groceries, just use the regular line".

naem
May 29, 2011

AWarmBody posted:

The pepperoni pizza touched my heart in all the right places. I know it's heresy, but it meant more to me than the dog

pizza protestants are welcome friend

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

MisterOblivious posted:

don't have to ask for onion cups anymore!

no deal, My onions must be in cup form.

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

binge crotching posted:

As a Muslim I guess I can't move to back to Australia anymore. gently caress

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
My Costco has replaced the Polish dog with a vegan salad.

Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The vegan al pastor salad, the chicken Caesar, and the fruit smoothie are all loving horrible. I’m starting to look for alternative lunch places now. Even once every week or two is too much.

But the 96’ of LED cafe lighting that I strung up today for $.03 cheaper than harbor freight incandescent lights redeemed the day.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the phrase "vegan al pastor" triggers me so loving hard.

way to miss the entire point you idiots

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I remember seeing al pastor and getting super excited. Then I saw “plant based” and the joy turned to ashes in my mouth.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

ArbitraryC posted:

Those people would probably just take even longer at a self checkout tho.

We had a bunch of groceries stores here that tried to swap their express lanes for self checkouts but eventually gave up and took them out because people are too stupid to use machines and often somehow missed the should be intuitive aspect of "you shouldn't show up to these with a cart full of groceries, just use the regular line".

I've never used a self checkout lane that didn't drive me completely nuts with how lovely they are. I only use them if I have 1-2 items (which I guess is the entire point)

I did my time in the retail salt mines working a register. It's not rocket science. So then why does my self checkout register need random rear end sensors that get mad when I put a bag a little too far to the left, or refuse to work at all if you go too fast?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Help I'm transforming into a suburban dad *shops at costco* *wears socks and sandals* *eats sardines* *complains about dumb poo poo that doesn't matter*

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

We have one!

He chills in the corner of our bedroom. We named in Henry.

Also he was like twenty Freedom bucks or so what the gently caress up with that price tag. Unless my fiance was wrong about the price, she bought him before I met her.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Fellow members. Give me your absolute hottest rundown and haul to make my BBQ next Saturday the most bumping. Obviously hamburgers and hot dogs is a given but I'm going to just grill all day long. What are we making

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Tim Whatley posted:

Fellow members. Give me your absolute hottest rundown and haul to make my BBQ next Saturday the most bumping.
What kind of heathen doesnt respect the international BBq holiday, July the Fourth?

Get chicken Satay skewers, the korean bbq takeaway, some flap meat for carne asada, and your choice of burgers, ribs or hot dogs and youll be set on the grill. Pair with your favorite beerpacks, and grab a set of the Mexican cokes, Fantas, and maybe some LaCroix for the hipsters.
Dont forget to get the picnic pack of condiments, and a jumbo mayo. You can also get the 24 pack of eggs, some pasta, and the pre-shredded rotisserie chicken for your sides and salads. Add guacpaks and chips of various types for to keep happy the crowds.
Dessert can be the cube of assorted ice creams.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jul 2, 2018

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Renegret posted:

Help I'm transforming into a suburban dad *shops at costco* *wears socks and sandals* *eats sardines* *complains about dumb poo poo that doesn't matter*

Wearing socks with sandals is a crime against humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

What kind of heathen doesnt respect the international BBq holiday, July the Fourth?

Get chicken Satay skewers, the korean bbq takeaway, some flap meat for carne asada, and your choice of burgers, ribs or hot dogs and youll be set on the grill. Pair with your favorite beerpacks, and grab a set of the Mexican cokes, Fantas, and maybe some LaCroix for the hipsters.
Dont forget to get the picnic pack of condiments, and a jumbo mayo. You can also get the 24 pack of eggs, some pasta, and the pre-shredded rotisserie chicken for your sides and salads. Add guacpaks and chips of various types for to keep happy the crowds.
Dessert can be the cube of assorted ice creams.

As a true American I'm not throwing a huge party on a week night. That's just cruel.

Thanks for the tips I'll buy it all