Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I hate to spoil things for y’all, but Wart doesn’t exist. Mario just dreamed he existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Then explain Birdo and Shy Guys.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
They need include some people of color that aren’t just an alternate costume. Everyone is here? Sure.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

Mario dreamt about some stuff that is real, like Birdo, Shy Guys, Luigi, etc. But Wart? He’s fake and imaginary

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Has wart ever been in anything post Mario 2

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Spectral Debt posted:

They need include some people of color that aren’t just an alternate costume. Everyone is here? Sure.

This kinda runs into the same issue as characters who don't use swords/fists/guns where there aren't a lot that are the MC.

Like, there's Shantae, you could put the guy from the new Fire Emblem in as DLC, hell put in Mitsurugi from Soul Calibur, Mr.Sandman from Punch-Out or Doc Louis could work, then the list starts to taper off pretty quick.

E: Oh poo poo, put Twintelle from Arms in over whoever the hell the MC is there, throw in Urbosa too.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Mario saw shy guys on yoshi's island when he was a baby and has sunconscious memories of them

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Spectral Debt posted:

AND MORE PEOPLE OF COLOR.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Raserys posted:

Link's Awakening.

Also in the Super Mario 2. USA remakes.

And that's it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Raserys posted:

He got name dropped in a Paper Mario game but no, because he's dead Mario killed him

Long live Birdo

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

creationist believer posted:

I hate to spoil things for y’all, but Wart doesn’t exist. Mario just dreamed he existed.

Raserys posted:

Link's Awakening :v:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Electric Phantasm posted:

He got name dropped in a Paper Mario game but no, because he's dead Mario killed him

Long live Birdo

hosed up that Mario shoved vegetables down a dude’s throat until he died but i guess Mario also kidnapped a gorilla’s dad for a while too

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

creationist believer posted:

multijoe posted:

I have news for you about Link's Awakening, too.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

multijoe posted:

Link also dreamed that Wart exists. Probably because Mario told him about the weird dream he had.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Wart is an inhabitant of the world of dreaming, and visited both Link and Mario. He can’t be truly killed, because he is made of shared subconscious ideas.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

John Lee posted:

I have news for you about Link's Awakening, too.

:thejoke:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

FPzero posted:

I'd like to see Wart return in another Mario game in general. Just to do something different. Considering 3D World had a lot of SMB2 callbacks, it would've been neat to see him show up, even if Bowser was ultimately the final boss.

On the subject of Mario games filled with bizarre one-time elements, I'd love to see some callbacks to Super Mario Land. With Daisy being in Smash, I think this is a real possibility.

It's also the third game created by Gunpei Yokoi to be brought back into the relevancy (Alongside Metroid and Kid Icarus).

Bring back Tatanga and his spaceship. Or even have a stage based on Sarasaland.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I've litteraly been living in a perpetual state of piss since Super Mario Galaxy was announced and Tatanga did not cameo in it

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Wart exists. Subcon is an actual place in the Mario universe where people's dreams happens.

I'm glad Mushroom Kingdom II is returning. I would like Wart to be an assist. Or Phanto because he's people's childhood nightmare fuel. I wished Mario Kart had a SMB2-themed race track.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

TheLoneStar posted:

AND MORE PEOPLE OF COLOR.

screw you

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, to hell with purple people.

Unless they're choking.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I've litteraly been living in a perpetual state of piss since Super Mario Galaxy was announced and Tatanga did not cameo in it

Maybe Daisy being in Smash will inspire them to put weird Land stuff in more games.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

SeANMcBAY posted:

Maybe Daisy being in Smash will inspire them to put weird Land stuff in more games.

I dont see why it would since shes been in every mario spin offs.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kurtofan posted:

I dont see why it would since shes been in every mario spin offs.

A Smash spot seems like a bigger deal than being in those. I really hope there’s Odyssey DLC with her.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Oxyclean posted:

Unless they're choking.
Don't talk about Ridley that way.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

That was the obvious interpretation of your post, but I decided not to go with the crowd, man. Obvious poo poo is for the common folk.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Where's Klonoa

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Where's Klonoa

Isn't he also a dream?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1014569697126371329
DE-CONFIRMED
sickos.png

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Where's Klonoa

the trash

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

We've known Krystal was an assist trophy for a long time. She's in Fox's highlight video. Were there people who thought she was a new fighter hiding in plain sight?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Just setup for the inevitable announcement that some assist trophy characters will also be fighters. (Also allowing them to make assist trophies for existing fighters.)

(But we've actually known she's an assist since the announcement.)

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ok, name an axe wielding main character

Groose, wielding an axe

Oxyclean posted:

Unless they're choking.

Just wanted to let you know that I got this reference

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Wart, Jr., aka Son of Wart, is a villager in Animal Crossing, and let me tell you, that is no dream.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hubba hubba

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Supercar Gautier posted:

We've known Krystal was an assist trophy for a long time. She's in Fox's highlight video. Were there people who thought she was a new fighter hiding in plain sight?
There were probably people who weren't paying attention.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQk0zJMU4Xc

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Reiley posted:

Wart, Jr., aka Son of Wart, is a villager in Animal Crossing, and let me tell you, that is no dream.

Everyone knows Animal Crossing wasn't a dream.

It was a nightmare.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

King Dedede uses a hammer which is a type of axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What if Hector is an echo fighter of Dedede