Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Why does everyone lean all the time while firing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.
It feels very tactical, though I've rarely had the dexterity to lean and strafe around corners and just gently caress it up

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Any recommended binds for leaning? Q and E are fine, but I find myself having trouble strafing when holding them down.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Warbird posted:

Any recommended binds for leaning? Q and E are fine, but I find myself having trouble strafing when holding them down.

Switch your keybinds.

Make Q your right lean, and E your left. It'll make it easier to lean and strafe because you won't have to cram all your fingers in an 1/8" space. It takes some getting used to, but holy poo poo is it an improvement.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Beast of Bourbon posted:

Why does everyone lean all the time while firing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CTjd6k-kKs

Basically your arms are better armor then actual body armor.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Zipperelli. posted:

Switch your keybinds.

Make Q your right lean, and E your left. It'll make it easier to lean and strafe because you won't have to cram all your fingers in an 1/8" space. It takes some getting used to, but holy poo poo is it an improvement.

That's actually brilliant and will be an absolute mother to get used to. Good idea!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
leaning really helps when youre about to be run over

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Your hands do tend to block your head and body more, but it also takes your head off your center line and basically to the side. That generally means you’re harder to hit overall since you’re not just one tall target anymore, you’re a torso and legs, with a head off to the side. It is harder to aim while leaning though and I still think moving between every couple of shots is more important.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

Warbird posted:

If you don't want to swap them you can switch them to be on toggle instead of on hold, helped me a bunch.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I've heard some people use mouse 4 and 5 for lean, but I just practiced finger contortions. And sometimes I (intentionally) fat finger lean and strafe

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

wth is just replaces the scar on the thailand map? LAME.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
This game has always been poorly optimized but they fuckin took a big step back on my machine (i7 6700K/1080Ti @ 1440p) with this last update. The event (in particular) performs terribly, even if I set everything to very low - rarely cracking 70 FPS and dipping down to 30-40 FPS.

Sanhook, overall, seems worse than before. But at least they added a big trophy to the main menu!

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

VulgarandStupid posted:

Your hands do tend to block your head and body more, but it also takes your head off your center line and basically to the side. That generally means you’re harder to hit overall since you’re not just one tall target anymore, you’re a torso and legs, with a head off to the side. It is harder to aim while leaning though and I still think moving between every couple of shots is more important.

I double tapped at a guys head and first round hit and knocked his helmet off but he leaned to the side and dodged the second bullet.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

pocket pool posted:

This game has always been poorly optimized but they fuckin took a big step back on my machine (i7 6700K/1080Ti @ 1440p) with this last update. The event (in particular) performs terribly, even if I set everything to very low - rarely cracking 70 FPS and dipping down to 30-40 FPS.

Sanhook, overall, seems worse than before. But at least they added a big trophy to the main menu!

I experienced this as well, and watching some streamers it seems to be a common complaint.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I lean wildly at all times so I can feel like Neo

e: also crouching

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

pocket pool posted:

This is why the game is so maddening. I have the same specs as you and still maintain 100-140 fps at 1440p with a mix of ultra and low settings. It’s completely inconsistent even with similar hardware.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

B-Mac posted:

This is why the game is so maddening. I have the same specs as you and still maintain 100-140 fps at 1440p with a mix of ultra and low settings. It’s completely inconsistent even with similar hardware.

Yeah, I'm on a 8700K + 1080 (non-Ti) playing at 1440p with textures on ultra, AA on high, and everything else on very low. Still getting 100-140fps at all times.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
Why is the truck so poo poo on Miramar? The Murado handles off road better and doesn't veer nearly as much. It's to the point I basically refuse to go off road with the truck and only stick to roads.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I have a Ryzen 5 and a 1060 6GB and get 100+ frames when running around and 70-100 when it gets really crowded. 1440p, most settings low. 16GB RAM and an SSD.

I rarely have performance issues :shrug:

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

B-Mac posted:

Why is the truck so poo poo on Miramar? The Murado handles off road better and doesn't veer nearly as much. It's to the point I basically refuse to go off road with the truck and only stick to roads.

I notice that the motorcycle doesn't seem to flip on every little pebble the way that it used to.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003

Neutrino posted:

I notice that the motorcycle doesn't seem to flip on every little pebble the way that it used to.

Yea he bike has gotten better and the bus has always seem toll proof. I just find it funny that a pickup travels drive worse off road than a convertible sports car, oh well.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

B-Mac posted:

the bus has always seem toll proof.

Someone who doesn't push it to the limit detected

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
I have a 480 and i5 5500k and I routinely play pubg with the Witcher 3 open in the background so I can alt tab when I'm dead or autorunning. Get like 70 frames doing that at 1080p with most settings on low besides textures being on high and AA at medium.

I love pubg for how much I'm able to multitask while playing in squads/duos

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Bug Chat: Anyone else blinded by the sky? If I look past eye-level, the screen floods white.

Any advice?

Edit: It's intermittent and event-only. I've tried adding -sm4 and lowering settings. No help.

Here's screenshots, two with-bug, two without-bug.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 7, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

B-Mac posted:

What are you talking about? The truck is amazing off road, the buggy is the only thing that is better for off road. You can full throttle that thing on any terrain and will pretty much never flip, jump off almost any cliff without taking damage because you almost always land on your wheels. A lot of the rocks that would stop most of the cars dead in their tracks the truck will just drive over like it's a tank. It is pretty comical sometimes.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
in my experience some people are just really, really bad at driving

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I think there's been some good PUBG event modes, and some bad PUBG event modes.

I think this most recent one (Sanhok shotguns and pistols) might be a bad one.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

in my experience some people are just really, really bad at driving

I suspect that driving is a different experience for different people due to server issues. It's the only thing that makes sense, especially given that when they fixed the three-seater instant suicide they said it had to do with the server.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

so its a 6600k

The nerd numbers are hard to remember

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003

Apogee15 posted:

What are you talking about? The truck is amazing off road, the buggy is the only thing that is better for off road. You can full throttle that thing on any terrain and will pretty much never flip, jump off almost any cliff without taking damage because you almost always land on your wheels. A lot of the rocks that would stop most of the cars dead in their tracks the truck will just drive over like it's a tank. It is pretty comical sometimes.

We must be driving two different trucks then. It used to be fine but lately it’s terrible and is all over the place at any decent speed.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Accretionist posted:

Bug Chat: Anyone else blinded by the sky? If I look past eye-level, the screen floods white.

Any advice?

Edit: It's intermittent and event-only. I've tried adding -sm4 and lowering settings. No help.

I've had this bug sporadically in the past, never did figure out what caused it. Only ever seemed to happen on Miramar for me, never Erangel (this was pre-Sanhok). Best bet was some kind of driver/GPU issue, but it disappeared after a minor bugfix patch.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Accretionist posted:

Any advice?

Try verifying steam files

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Oof, thanks! I forgot to verify files. It found one dud and the problem's fixed.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 7, 2018

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Fano posted:

If you don't want to swap them you can switch them to be on toggle instead of on hold, helped me a bunch.

I think that will be the ticket. Thanks for reminding me!

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I swapped lean to V and B, but I also have big hands and it's not really hard to hit with my thumb.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i dont think you need big hands to hit v and b with your thumb

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I don't know about you but my bearlike paws allow me to reach all the parts of a device specifically designed for hands to be able to reach all parts of

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I use CAPS for left lean and Space for right lean.

Have they changed the matchmaking algorithm to make it so low ranked players aren't matched up with top players anymore? That was the thing that really drove me away from this game when I tried playing more aggressive and kept getting owned by top 1000 players even though I purposely tanked my ranking to the bottom 1% in order to get more practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The QBZ is so good on Sanhok with a vert/comp that it's all but guaranteed to be nerfed into oblivion in the next major patch. Thing is better than the old 416 was.