Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
We're not qualified to create context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Glad to see Taylor Trammell in the Future's Game, he's been climbing up most top 100s rapidly, I really like him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I assume Vladdy Jr isn't there due to his knee injury?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsBraves/status/1014304380718215168

Does Freeman look like Votto in this photo to anyone else?

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Goooo Matt Manning :toot:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

tadashi posted:

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsBraves/status/1014304380718215168

Does Freeman look like Votto in this photo to anyone else?

I love my freakishly large adult son

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

I'm not I believe that, if Aaron Judge is supposed to 6'7"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Maybe Judge is 6'7 without shoes and is closer to around 6'9 (nice) or 6'10 with?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

I'm not I believe that, if Aaron Judge is supposed to 6'7"

Judge is also standing on first which elevates his posture, a little.

I wonder if he's a little taller and the 6'7" was either not updated after he first hit the minors or/and somebody left it at 6'7" just trying to protect him from even worse tall player stigma.

Jason Heyward is 6'5", too, and he and Freeman are definitely the same height.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
So Freeman is pretty deep in a slump over the last 3 weeks. Hitting .154/.247/.246 with a WRC+ of 33.

Meanwhile Albies has been playing out of his mind over the same period: .420/.444/.652 with a WRC+ of 197

This has resulted in them both being tied with 3.2 fWar each as of today.

This is for the period June 17 until today.

Hopefully Freeman can break out of whats ailing him, but I hope it's not at the expensive of how Albies is playing.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Judge is honestly probably closer to 6'8"-6'9" to be honest, also he is standing on the bag.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

Judge is honestly probably closer to 6'8"-6'9" to be honest, also he is standing on the bag.

Yes, because here is him next to 6'6" Giancarlo Stanton. Sure, Judge is just a little closer to the camera but, still, that's not a 1 inch difference.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

tadashi posted:

Yes, because here is him next to 6'6" Giancarlo Stanton. Sure, Judge is just a little closer to the camera but, still, that's not a 1 inch difference.

I love my handsome large adult sons

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
https://twitter.com/Mariners/status/1015310280081985536
More trades please.

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 6, 2018

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

https://soundcloud.com/user-822093808/wdjdd-remix-2

I'm mad I can't find the original version of this song.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

It took him a couple of years to get the team assembled, but the 2018 Mariners are the best they've been at least 15 years.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

I love my handsome large adult sons

:same::same::same::same::same::same::same:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

It's early July and we pretty much know who the five AL playoff teams will be. :staredog: Or could the A's or Angels make a run in the 2nd half and shake things up a bit?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1015319657866256386

This guy is modern baseball's finest absolute dipshit.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

!

https://twitter.com/AdamRubinMedia/status/1015325281513558018

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Being a pitcher for the Mets is a lifetime punishment

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

DeepDickPizza posted:

can't wait for him to turn down a $150M+ multi year deal and then suffer a career ending injury within a year

But if he stays healthy and productive it'll be an interesting experiment. He ought to be able to command high single-year salaries.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

DeepDickPizza posted:

Remember all those article about how he was some intellectual?

In the book The Arm they talked about his weird training regimen and how it was supposed to improve command. Then followed up by how he led the league in BB/9 the next season.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

tadashi posted:

Top 5 handsome player standing next to top 5 ugliest player. Thats alot of mans though.

The Pussy Boss posted:

It's early July and we pretty much know who the five AL playoff teams will be. :staredog: Or could the A's or Angels make a run in the 2nd half and shake things up a bit?

The Angels will ride the hot bats of Ohtani and Calhoun into just missing the wildcard. Calhoun has hit .288/.328/.577/.905 since coming off the disabled list with a new batting stance.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I'd just like to once again thank Trevor Bauer for deciding to attempt precision repair work with sharp metal objects and not protecting his pitching hand in the process just before the biggest games of his life, and handing the Cubs two wins on route to their World Series championship. :byewhore:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Dodgers and DBacks 1st round picks both turned down more than $2 million and went back to college. The teams get a compensatory first round pick in next years draft.

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
On Effectively Wild they once talked about pitchers pitching and said that while they wouldn't choose it they appreciate the introducing data it produces. That's pretty much how I feel about Trevor Bauer. I would never want a guy like that to exist but now that he does he provides a wonderful natural experiment in jackassery.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Niwrad posted:

Remember all those article about how he was some intellectual?

In the book The Arm they talked about his weird training regimen and how it was supposed to improve command. Then followed up by how he led the league in BB/9 the next season.

imagine how bad it would be if he didn't use it then!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I think most guys would take a paintball to the nuts for tens of millions of dollars.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I think most guys would take a paintball to the nuts for tens of millions of dollars.

iospace does this fit as the thread title

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1015336139799056384

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
My best friend is 6’8 and I’m a whole foot shorter, and I’ve seen what we look like next to each other. That Freeman picture looks all too familiar to not suspect some screwy camera work.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Well I guess that explains how he was finally able to stay healthy this season. :sigh:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Victor Caratini avoided a pitch way inside that would have hit him

you're supposed to let yourself get hit on purpose to take one for the team

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Braves and Pirates did not sign their first rounders either. Supposedly the medicals on Carter Stewart were not great.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Nolan Gorman is already socking dingers. :smug:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

IcePhoenix posted:

iospace does this fit as the thread title

You tell me.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Pancakes posted:

Second overall taken Joey Bart already has two home runs in two games, while first overall Casey Mize doesn't even have a hit yet.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

iospace posted:

You tell me.

:bisonyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Pancakes posted:

I've been reading about my Large Adult Son and I think his upper ceiling is basically Joey Gallo, which would be hilariously fun

• Locked thread