Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't know if I can make it. Even though Drew will be wrestling, he's probably gonna lose and I don't think I wanna stay around for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Shima Honnou posted:

yeah, and they're ads for other wwe poo poo

Literally the stupidest and most pointless and actually damaging poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shoenin posted:

Forgetting everything else, they actively seek out and hire people with backgrounds in television production, and WWE itself has DECADES of experience putting on live events so how does everything TV related WWE does come across like a cargo cult interpretation of television?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shoenin posted:

So it'll only lead to them making another $500mil instead of a full bil?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
the thing i don't understand about purge is why doesn't someone in with a group of shithead purgers just take the opportunity to wipe out all of the others

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
if it were me on the purge i'd wipe out a whole lot of home-owners association types because that would actually make life better for everyone

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
why would you kill people rather than just rob banks

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Chris James 2 posted:

So it'll only lead to them making another $500mil instead of a full bil?

probably actually. The WWE machine is absurdly powerful, but they'd be making so much more money if they didn't do pointless or stupid decisions.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

uncurable mlady posted:

they hire mercenaries to guard the banks, although i could also see a case for teaming up with people to rob a bank and then taking all the money for myself, except i also get shot in the back because i didn't make sure they were all dead before turning towards the money in triumph, and then it cuts to the protagonists of the movie elsewhere

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

uncurable mlady posted:

The premise of the movies is just so unbelievably stupid

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
this is a decent enough match i guess

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

they hire mercenaries to guard the banks, although i could also see a case for teaming up with people to rob a bank and then taking all the money for myself, except i also get shot in the back because i didn't make sure they were all dead before turning towards the money in triumph, and then it cuts to the protagonists of the movie elsewhere

why wouldn't the mercenaries just rob the bank instead, unless you're paying them more than the bank has

it just doesnt make any sense

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Corbin wins.

Oh.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
This story makes no sense

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

The premise of the movies is just so unbelievably stupid

yeah but I still loved the stupid things. mostly for how stupid they were.

Oh hey there's no crime so we're going to sacrifice a virgin. I mean, what the gently caress :lol: this. this is what you do when there's no crime?

Here's what would really happen if the purge was real: people would get painfully shitfaced, a few deaths might occur but mostly people would steal cool poo poo like the newest ipad.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

uncurable mlady posted:

why wouldn't the mercenaries just rob the bank instead, unless you're paying them more than the bank has

it just doesnt make any sense

id assume because the mercs realize that the bank ceos and politicians are all above the law the other 364 days of the year and would be hunted down like dogs if they did that

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

FINALLY Owens will get the comeuppance has so far managed to... suffer through every single week, after not actually doing anything bad?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
why was that aerosal can there

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What's this talk of the Purge?

And I'm guessing Corbin won against Balor? aww :(

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
purge 2 wasw the only good one because most of the movie was just watching solid snake sneak around

Baron Corbin posted:

why was that aerosal can there

kurt angle stinks and kevin didn't like that so he was spraying earlier, kevin was occupying the room because he fears for his safety

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ghost of Roddy! :woop:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
shame its still the same bad game

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

And I'm guessing Corbin won against Balor? aww :(

Roode was gonna pin Corbin, stopped to spinebuster Elias and then got taken out by Corbin.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
God bless Braun Strowman

How can they get so many things wrong, but somehow get him so so right

Jerusalem posted:

FINALLY Owens will get the comeuppance has so far managed to... suffer through every single week, after not actually doing anything bad?

He tried to have everyone gang up on Braun and do sneaky stuff on him. Braun was none too happy about it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Purge is dumb because catharsis doesn't actually reduce aggressive behavior and oh yeah I'm supposed to wait a year to get comeuppance on the guy who murdered my friends/family?

Shoenin posted:

God bless Braun Strowman

How can they get so many things wrong, but somehow get him so so right

He tried to have everyone gang up on Braun and do sneaky stuff on him. Braun was none too happy about it.

Didn't Braun also tell everyone to gang up against him

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

id assume because the mercs realize that the bank ceos and politicians are all above the law the other 364 days of the year and would be hunted down like dogs if they did that

i mean that actually might be an interesting concept and a lot more instructive as a plotline idk

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

i mean that actually might be an interesting concept and a lot more instructive as a plotline idk

The third movie kiiiiind of broaches that in the sense that they lift the restrictions against acting agaisnt government officials in order to take out the presidential candidate who wants to end the purge

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

What's this talk of the Purge?

there's ads on for a 10 episode purge series on USA this fall

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shoenin posted:

Braun literally walked up before that match and said,"What I would like everybody to do is everybody gangs up on me at once."

Like, I know that usually there's a bit of hyperbole about the face/heel dynamic being weird in WWE, but this entire angle has been BRAUN loving over Owens for absolutely no reason, while Owens does nothing but beg for mercy or plead with him to leave him alone.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Intruder posted:

I think he did but KO was being a weiner about it. Braun smells fear and does not like it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Intruder posted:

The Purge is dumb because catharsis doesn't actually reduce aggressive behavior and oh yeah I'm supposed to wait a year to get comeuppance on the guy who murdered my friends/family?

i mean realistically they only manage to solve like something stupid like 30% of crimes so you might as well roll the dice anyway, just be careful because kevin owens is in that 30% who lost the roll and now he is being punished

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

uncurable mlady posted:

Yeah, that would be an interesting idea to explore.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Intruder posted:

The third movie kiiiiind of broaches that in the sense that they lift the restrictions against acting agaisnt government officials in order to take out the presidential candidate who wants to end the purge

but isn't the government the one making the rules? this just raises further questions.

that said ive never watched a purge movie so idk anything about it

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I fell asleep, but I could still hear it in my dreams so I think my brain may have created a better show based on the audio provided.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, that would be an interesting idea to explore.

hire me wwe ill write you a good show just through shitposting

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

but isn't the government the one making the rules? this just raises further questions.

that said ive never watched a purge movie so idk anything about it

They are, and they change the rules specifically so she can be targeted so there's the idea of corruption or whatever (also I think the govt hires squads to purge because the citizenry isn't purging enough)

I don't know, it's still pretty dumb

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

hire me wwe ill write you a good show just through shitposting

Vince: This is great, I love it, let's spend all week working on getting this onto Raw!
literally 15 seconds before Raw goes on the air
Vince: Oh my God did you guys see that heroic dog on TV last night!?! :aaa:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Intruder posted:

They are, and they change the rules specifically so she can be targeted so there's the idea of corruption or whatever (also I think the govt hires squads to purge because the citizenry isn't purging enough)

I don't know, it's still pretty dumb

probably more consistent than any wwe angle over the past year or three

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i honestly forgot about the jeff/shinsuke feud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Vince I know you loved Puke but have you considered Shart