Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017
Paypal: "We have recieved notice that you are deceased... This breach [of your agreement with us] is not capable of remedy."

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

mariana horchata is grimes this is now cspam canon

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

:hai:

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

musk is what happens when a rich person reads the line "when a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; dunces are all in confederacy against him" and forgets the point of the Toole novel, or even the first line from the preface of the book it's quoted from

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bwuh?!?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Boner Pill Connoisseur posted:

musk is what happens when a rich person reads the line "when a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; dunces are all in confederacy against him" and forgets the point of the Toole novel, or even the first line from the preface of the book it's quoted from

nerd

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

or maybe he understands it perfectly and is play acting the role of the the ultimate clown

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

https://youtu.be/fxEweP2TiMk

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

Drunkboxer posted:

or maybe he understands it perfectly and is play acting the role of the the ultimate clown

lol performance art that gained sentience lmao

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

*clutches valve muskily*
"OH FORTUNA!"

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
elon musk is loving dumb

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Drunkboxer posted:

elon musk is loving dumb
:hmmyes:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

its a good thing elon has a bunch of time to pull a bunch of engineers off their actual jobs to make a pressurized tube and also personally fly out to the opposite side of the world to do nothing but take some pictures. and doesnt have anything else going on that he needs to concern himself with or has claimed he's working around the clock doing

There are all these people in the twitter comments acting like this is some massive sacrifice on Elon's part and "tireless work" that he's doing. The dude has infinite money and it takes him no more effort than ordering some people to Do A Thing for him to do something like this.

Like, if he actually tried to dive himself, well, that'd be stupid as hell but at least you could say "he worked for it" after his inevitable death by drowning. But a rich person throwing their money at things is not even remote praise-worthy, and it boggles my mind when people act like someone with billions of dollars spending money on things is equivalent to any sort of real sacrifice.

(It doesn't actually boggle my mind, since it's just the obvious result of years of media propaganda supporting the idea that rich people giving to charity is inherently praiseworthy)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
can we talk for a minute about how roko's basilisk is loving stupid thought experiment from the beginning

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Al! posted:

by the way if he had sent industrial pumps to the cave rescue that would have probably been massively more helpful, but it would have required actual money and effort

yes but would they have caught fire and/or been stored inside of a tube that shot them directly back into his rear end after they were finished pumping the water out

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Al! posted:

can we talk for a minute about how roko's basilisk is loving stupid thought experiment from the beginning

tech dipshits love it because it means that computer programmers are actually god

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

B*llionaire is a slur

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Al! posted:

I didn't know what that was and now I kinda do

gently caress u

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

There are all these people in the twitter comments acting like this is some massive sacrifice on Elon's part and "tireless work" that he's doing. The dude has infinite money and it takes him no more effort than ordering some people to Do A Thing for him to do something like this.

Like, if he actually tried to dive himself, well, that'd be stupid as hell but at least you could say "he worked for it" after his inevitable death by drowning. But a rich person throwing their money at things is not even remote praise-worthy, and it boggles my mind when people act like someone with billions of dollars spending money on things is equivalent to any sort of real sacrifice.

(It doesn't actually boggle my mind, since it's just the obvious result of years of media propaganda supporting the idea that rich people giving to charity is inherently praiseworthy)

it rules because he's clearly just nonstop posting on twitter instead of actually doing anything but to these loving rubes an entire thread of "what if we made a cave tube and a few death coffins and put ipods in them" is the highest form of innovation

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

His cult is loving creepy.

https://www.wired.com/story/elon-musk-and-the-unnerving-influence-of-twitters-power-users/

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

tech dipshits love it because it means that computer programmers are actually god

Honestly I feel like the techbros are so obsessed with poo poo like "life must be a simulation" because they fear death and they're all atheist so they don't believe in an afterlife and this is a sciency way to imagine life going on after you die.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
https://twitter.com/lbourgie/status/1016691600955727905?s=21

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Al! posted:

ya we can

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

it seems like pasquals wager for the technomessiah set so its perfect 4 musky

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Oh hell yes

I'm home, boys :getin:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Today's China Factory non-story was worthless

In non-worthless Actual News:

https://twitter.com/bgrahamdisciple/status/1016760119856689153?s=19

Bye bye, 35k Tesla. Bye bye, 7500 rebate. Starting today - unannounced - you can no longer put down a refundable $1000 deposit. You put down $2500 non-refundable with no build date (because the cheap ones aren't coming) or you go away.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/2017sjr/status/1016790587104747520

(he was not asked)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i wonder if these ppl would test his underwater child corpse storage units

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i just wonder if Thomas Edison was met with scorn and spite in his days much like Elon is here :allears:

I like to think so because he stole people's inventions and poo poo like that, and Elon's a thief too

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Dairy Tariff posted:

i just wonder if Thomas Edison was met with scorn and spite in his days much like Elon is here :allears:

I like to think so because he stole people's inventions and poo poo like that, and Elon's a thief too

Following Edison's footsteps Elon's gonna be so not mad that he'll launch an elephant into space.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Dairy Tariff posted:

at least edison stole good inventions like the lightbulb and the movie, all of elons poo poo is stuff he half remembered from the jetsons

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Al! posted:

it seems like pasquals wager for the technomessiah set so its perfect 4 musky

the “reality is a hologram” simulation thing has been around in one form or another for centuries, most notably espoused under esoteric circles and recently proffered by the New Age and 20th century paranormal researchers, except nowadays that nerds can image an Nvidia GTX-∞ rendering reality they think it’s the most novel and game changing idea in the world.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Dairy Tariff posted:

While he may have been a credit stealing jerk, Edison did do some real work, rather than just Banking. On. Internet.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Hostess Snack Cake posted:

While he may have been a credit stealing jerk, Edison did do some real work, rather than just Banking. On. Internet.

yeah edison was a piece of poo poo but he did legit invent some amazing things

huuuuge piece of poo poo though

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

First as tragedy, then as farce.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
steal better, Elon :milk:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/camh/status/1016764304987709440

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU