Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Canned Panda posted:

Their Hangar 18 riff is really really good.

Thank you for this recommendation, it is really, reall good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Breadallelogram posted:

Finally watched Rollergator. Legitimately the most poorly made film I've ever seen.

I assume you now hate acoustic guitar noodling with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I felt part of my soul die while watching Rollergator

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Rollergator is fun for the whole family

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Rollergator is fun for the whole family

The whole Manson Family, yes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Dark Power is a weird movie because they frame a bunch of scenes like a horror movie (including some gore) but then the monsters are all extremely goofy.

Also I get that Lash LaRue is supposed to be some expert with a whip but he sure doesn't actually do anything with one.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

My favorite part of rollergator is that they had a big gator mask that looked a lot better than the puppet but they only used it for a post credits scene.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

My favorite part of Rollergator is how you wait the whole movie for him to be on a skateboard and then when he finally is, he’s taken off it almost immediately.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Firehead, watch Christopher Plummer act circles around every other person in the movie.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I watched Merlin: The Return and despite being released in 2000, it somehow features the most 1991 kid possible. Who for some reason sleeps with his leather jacket on.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The director of Merlin also directed Deadly Instincts, which is a Bridget and Mary Jo riff. It was also known as Breeders, which I remember from my time at Blockbuster, because the slipsleeve was embossed with the monster on it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Got an email for the Drip and they're about to start testing a Roku app with the idea to make Fire TV/Apple TV apps as well.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

muscles like this! posted:

Firehead, watch Christopher Plummer act circles around every other person in the movie.

It's hard not to like Christopher Plummer. I love that he suggested that he could play Roseanne next season if ABC asked. I would watch the hell out of a show where Christopher Plummer was suddenly Roseanne and there was no narrative explanation for why.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
See a email for a new riff and then see "Matthew Elliot" and immediately delete it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The preview is funny.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rirse posted:

See a email for a new riff and then see "Matthew Elliot" and immediately delete it.

Hell, same. Those two fat Limeys are a disgrace.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Same. Accidentally got one of theirs because I wasn't paying attention, was not a fan. Same with their section of the big Justice League riff.

Willing to give Janet Varney a shot, though. I know nothing about Cole Stratton, but she's grown on me in recent months after she popped up on and episode Harmonquest.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Same. Accidentally got one of theirs because I wasn't paying attention, was not a fan. Same with their section of the big Justice League riff.

Willing to give Janet Varney a shot, though. I know nothing about Cole Stratton, but she's grown on me in recent months after she popped up on and episode Harmonquest.

Varney/Stratton do a great job on their 80s movie riffs.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Okay, I definitely recommend Kiss of the Tarantula, which is on Amazon Prime, just for the "70's GOLD!" bit.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Finally watched Merlin the Return. I have no idea what the gently caress I just witnessed.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Have they given any indication of when they're going to do the Ready Player One riff? I remember that was unlocked in the live show kickstarter, as was The Last Jedi. They already did the latter a while ago, so hopefully soon?

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Have they given any indication of when they're going to do the Ready Player One riff? I remember that was unlocked in the live show kickstarter, as was The Last Jedi. They already did the latter a while ago, so hopefully soon?

The movie just came out on digital and doesn't get a disc release for 3 weeks. It took them 5 weeks from DVD release to the riff going up for Last Jedi, so that would put the Ready Player One riff out at the end of August.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
They’re currently working on the A Talking Cat?!? VOD so RP1 will probably come after that

https://twitter.com/clastowka/status/1014186649314562049?s=21

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Just watched " Kill and kill again" riff , and it is such peak " white man karate " movie , It belongs in a museum .

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's also No Retreat, No Surrender about a white teenager being so good at karate that the ghost of Bruce Lee shows up to personally teach him martial arts (so he can beat up Jean Claude Van Damme)

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
I tried Cool As Ice since it came in to rotation on Prime and I just checked out after 10 minutes. Even with the riffing I couldn’t loving take Vanilla Ice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think it is worth watching just for the insane costuming for what was considered "cool" in the early 90s.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Sooner or later they're going to get around to removing the kickstarter coupon but it still worked today.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching City of the Dead and that's a pretty good print for an old movie. Also kind of funny how even in 1960 Christopher Lee wasn't young.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Also kind of funny how even in 1960 Christopher Lee wasn't young.

He fought in WW2.

The Dark is pretty hard to watch. Like literally. It's amazingly underlit. I liked the new Rifftrax presents with the British guys; it's got Kor the Conqueror from the new MST3K season as one of the leads.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Miami Connection is pretty great. It's extremely 80s and features a rock band who live together and also do Tae Kwon Do. I'm watching the Rifftrax Live version.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Dixville posted:

Miami Connection is pretty great. It's extremely 80s and features a rock band who live together and also do Tae Kwon Do. I'm watching the Rifftrax Live version.

hell yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwreUpE1Ulk

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I think it is worth watching just for the insane costuming for what was considered "cool" in the early 90s.

It also has fun set design and the academy award winning cinematographer of Shindler's List and Saving Private Ryan!

But holy poo poo, those costumes are amazing. I genuinely want that one hat he wears, the one with the chrome plate.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you dont want that chrome plate hat that the academy award winning cinematographer spent a lot of time making look so drat cool during yet another interminable music video sequence that exists only to pad out what is otherwise about 60 minutes or movie then your name isnt Steven Spielberg

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
YEP YEP

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A person I worked with got/had to spend a day at Disney Land with Vanilla Ice as part of a business deal and during the dinner multiple young kids wanted the autograph of the “go ninja go” guy so, you do you man.

Also hes probably the only financially irresponsible flash in the pan whose irresponsible decisions turned into a profitable career so chrome plated hats off to you.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
*Man puts on Nazi armband*
Mike: Oh, I know what he's going to say...
Bill: "Vote Ron Paul!"

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Have any of you received any pins from the Kickstarter? I’m still waiting for my ice cream bunny :)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Edward Mass posted:

*Man puts on Nazi armband*
Mike: Oh, I know what he's going to say...
Bill: "Vote Ron Paul!"

Bill of Rights short is one of my favorite. It gets a little slow in the courtroom, but the build up is just great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Omega Cop is missing 12 minutes and the latest Bridget and Mary Jo film is missing a full half hour. I thought Rifftrax was supposed to have stopped cutting their movies to bits?