Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Cody giving Deonna essential post-signing mark pic with Triple H advice:

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1014248854663974912

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Dozer doing some weird stuff with his right hand in this here picture. https://twitter.com/WWEDozovic/status/1014499518564524034

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

Cody giving Deonna essential post-signing mark pic with Triple H advice:

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1014248854663974912

The end of the year is gonna be real interesting, because Danielson, Cody, Omega and the Bucks could all go either way. (of the five, Omega I see leaning more on the staying in Japan side and Bryan sticking with WWE, but the Bucks could easily stay independent for a few more years at their age, but they also have kids and families so the money is a big deal, and Cody is always gonna be 50/50)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I don't expect it at all.

It is your yearly leverage play with ROH and New Japan. That Meltzer will push and push.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

I don't expect it at all.

It is your yearly leverage play with ROH and New Japan. That Meltzer will push and push.

Cody's honestly the one I'm most unsure of because he seems, until recently, to have been very careful about not burning any bridges. Now, it's possible that the MSG situation could open Sinclair's purse-strings, plus WWE trying to torpedo ALL IN could easily backfire.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
When is Batista coming back rovert?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Cody's honestly the one I'm most unsure of because he seems, until recently, to have been very careful about not burning any bridges. Now, it's possible that the MSG situation could open Sinclair's purse-strings, plus WWE trying to torpedo ALL IN could easily backfire.

If I was any of them I'd wait another year and join WWE when they move to Fox.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

If I was any of them I'd wait another year and join WWE when they move to Fox.

Doesn't the Fox deal start next fall? They'd be working 9 months without a contract in order to work that (because I wouldn't be looking for a 6-12 month deal if I was the promotions, I'm asking for 2 year minimum), which I'm not sure ROH or New Japan would be comfortable with, at least as headliners. Omega definitely would drop the belt. They'll let a freelancer like Suzuki or Jericho hold the IC title, but not the world title.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
New Japan's contracts run from January to January.

ROH loosely does too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

New Japan's contracts run from January to January.

ROH loosely does too.

I thought NJPW went to 2-3 year deals after the Nakamura/Styles debacle?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I thought NJPW went to 2-3 year deals after the Nakamura/Styles debacle?

Kenny signed a year long deal in January.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Personally willing to induct her into the WWE Hall of Fame:

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1014668995000197121

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Holy poo poo, she's incredible.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Got an email from Ticketmaster saying the start time for Takeover Brooklyn is moving from the usual 7:15 to 6:15. Not sure if that means two episodes of taped TV instead of one, a four hour Takeover, or what.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

abraham linksys posted:

Got an email from Ticketmaster saying the start time for Takeover Brooklyn is moving from the usual 7:15 to 6:15. Not sure if that means two episodes of taped TV instead of one, a four hour Takeover, or what.

I think it was reported that they're starting the Takeovers at 7 to be in line with the main roster ppvs

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

- why does santana garrett's entrance music bang so hard??? solid match vs dakota though, that was fun
- shayna is great at promos except her timing in between lines is still awkward. I wonder if part of that was the crowd being louder live than on the broadcast, though they should be able to edit out the downtime in that case. her delivery on the "they had to have a whole nother MYC" line in particular was great tho
- love otis. also liking the mighty as "something between the revival and TUE but also completely incompetent"

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jul 6, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Io is on her way to Orlando. Which means she'll probably start working house shows in the next few weeks in preparation for the next Mae Young Classic.

https://twitter.com/shirai_io/status/1015043875059257344

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

rovert posted:

Personally willing to induct her into the WWE Hall of Fame:

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1014668995000197121

“Captain of a team that don’t even exist”
:drat:

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Mary Annette posted:

“Captain of a team that don’t even exist”
:drat:

If that's not foreshadowing I don't know what is...

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Dijak vs Dream was fuckin good, and I love the fuckin SHRIEK from a woman in the crowd on that stairs spot

why trent seven look like my loving 60-year old dad when he got glasses on

also has full sail always had that weird tron horizontal to the ceiling? it's really cool and i can't tell if i just somehow didn't notice in the past 3 years of watching nxt or what

the main was good but could have been just a sliiiight bit more subtle in its storytelling

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jul 6, 2018

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Dijak is incredibly good. It sounds like he's doing a weird gruff voice all the time in that match though? He doesn't normally sound like that.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Draxion posted:

Dijak is incredibly good. It sounds like he's doing a weird gruff voice all the time in that match though? He doesn't normally sound like that.

And I don't know why, but switching to Kazu rip-off shorts makes a huge difference to me look wise with him. Maybe the traditional tights didn't suit his body type or something but this just clicks better if that makes sense.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

abraham linksys posted:

- shayna is great at promos except her timing in between lines is still awkward. I wonder if part of that was the crowd being louder live than on the broadcast, though they should be able to edit out the downtime in that case. her delivery on the "they had to have a whole nother MYC" line in particular was great tho

Between her slight slurring of her words (mouth guard? Natural speech impediment? Little of both?) and in general being really mean, Shayna makes me think of what would happen if Shelly Marsh went into pro wrestling. The entire women's division is her terrified younger brother.

abraham linksys posted:

why trent seven look like my loving 60-year old dad when he got glasses on

This is actually the youngest I have ever seen Trent look.

My lovely Hot take: Neither member of Mustache Mountain has a particularly impressive Mustache.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I recently decided to actually watch NXT instead of just reading about it when bored at work. I mean I have hulu so why not? It's pretty good! Also holy poo poo Otis Dozovic is huge.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1016615455715307520

I hadn't heard about Josh Bredl having a career ending injury. Is that new info Dave is just casually dropping there or did I just miss something? (paging Rovert I guess)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He forgot about Sting

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Probably fair not to throw a guy who spent a lifetime competing in there, especially since Hiromu is so drat young.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1016615455715307520

I hadn't heard about Josh Bredl having a career ending injury. Is that new info Dave is just casually dropping there or did I just miss something? (paging Rovert I guess)

A major concussion was how it was phrased at the time. They kept him under contract for a like another year then cut him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And literally everyone has noted Hiromu, Ospreay and Dragon Lee for being exceptionally reckless compared to the rest of the roster, junior or not. It's not like everyone in New Japan is doing poo poo like that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kidd was injured by an indie darling.

Abolish the indies.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Wrestling is dangerous in general. Everyone risks their lives in every match so making comparisons is meaningless.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love how much trash Adam Cole (baby) talks in the ring.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Paws don't have hands, Lacey.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I continue to be utterly baffled by Lacey's gimmick.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God having the crowd just constantly dual chant both teams got annoying pretty fast

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

She's a 1920s marine/navy lady who is also racist. Not much else to say. Also Kairi's dance rules. Please probate anyone who disagrees, J-Ru.

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1017205816838033408

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I of course'd this when I saw it:

https://twitter.com/DanaWarriorWWE/status/1017127485203415040

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

God having the crowd just constantly dual chant both teams got annoying pretty fast

Yeah the difference between this and the British crowd is really telling

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WHAT THE gently caress TYLER!?! :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

She's a 1920s marine/navy lady who is also racist. Not much else to say. Also Kairi's dance rules. Please probate anyone who disagrees, J-Ru.

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1017205816838033408

There were no 20s Marine/Navy ladies, you mean she dresses like nose art.