Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I think there would be a lot less nervousness regarding season 37 if we knew LITERALLY ANYTHING about it other than the Doctor's outfit and casting news. Hell, it was only a few days ago the Christmas special was indirectly confirmed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Edward Mass posted:

I think there would be a lot less nervousness regarding season 37 if we knew LITERALLY ANYTHING about it other than the Doctor's outfit and casting news. Hell, it was only a few days ago the Christmas special was indirectly confirmed!

I suspect we’ll hear quite a bit at SDCC.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I'm not too nervous at all, myself. We've seen them have 4 (technically 5) new Doctors to screw up since the revival, and the show has already had 2 showrunners. Each time it's been fine. The current guy is cut from the same cloth--a lifelong fan with acclaimed tv experience who has already worked on the show.

While he might change up the writing process and the music composer, this is about as ho-hum a transition we could get. The biggest change that The Doctor is a woman has been talked about since JNT in the early 80s at least. Whoa, big deal. :rolleyes:

Now if they were talking about "reboots", "dumping the continuity so new viewers could access it", a "fresh new interpretation of the show by an outsider who hasn't watched a lot of the show" then yeah, I'd worry. But I'm pretty reaxed and looking forward to it with an open mind.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Edward Mass posted:

You should dip into the spoilers thread.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

This is really cool!

Hopefully now that she's recording with them again we'll get Susan in a McGann Time War or Gallifrey Time War set following on from the short trip from last year.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

The_Doctor posted:

You should dip into the spoilers thread.

The leaked scene with the sonic...thingy? That’s not much to go on.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Edward Mass posted:

The leaked scene with the sonic...thingy? That’s not much to go on.

Also reports of filming on locations.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Also reports of filming on locations.

Wouldnt that just be a list of quarrys?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Maybe they'll film in a Scottish quarry this time to change things up

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/SiHodges79/status/1017456140828004352

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Now as you see those pictures, listen to her on Big Finish at 70 years old sounding exactly the same as she did then. :swoon:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
The Hour of the Cybermen is out now, with the David Banks and the 80's cybermen.

Excellent.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/thetimeladies_/status/1017488479960403969

https://twitter.com/thetimeladies_/status/1017490795971186695

*impatience intensifies*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

No photos of those awesome loving boots though :smith:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I'm glad DS Brooks gets to have an adventure after leaving the force

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/TobyHadoke/status/1017657088292597760

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

That seems to put a fork in the rumors that 13 would be split into multiple time periods, with a different companion in each.

Not completely, but it sees less likely.

But yay for big TARDIS crew, haven't had that since 5! :dance:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Astroman posted:

But yay for big TARDIS crew, haven't had that since 5! :dance:

You could make an argument for Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon. You had Amy, Rory, River, and Canton Everett Delaware III.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

The_Doctor posted:

You could make an argument for Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon. You had Amy, Rory, River, and Canton Everett Delaware III and Richard Nixon

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

That's sad. That's no loving age. :smith:

Jerusalem posted:

No photos of those awesome loving boots though :smith:

https://twitter.com/thetimeladies_/status/1017695805225029637

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
New footage to go out during the BBC's half-time coverage during the World Cup final apparently. Might be the stuff leaked earlier. We'll have to wait and see.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I'm not on my game today, I honestly sat for a second going "Whats ATBIOMUET?"

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
That picture is so 80s.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

SiKboy posted:

:same:

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
The TV IV > Doctor Who: ATBIOMUET

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Wheat Loaf posted:

If the Daleks had pelvises...

HOW DO YOU JUMP TO THE RIGHT, YOU WILL EX-PLAIN, EX-PLAIN

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/benkentish/status/1017485301562990592

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
In a desperate attempt to rehabilitate the image of the Daleks after that last post, I offer the following: The first, and only, Dalek comedian:

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH CALLING THE DOCTOR "THE ONCOMING STORM?" HE IS NEVER GOING TO REIGN.

WHY ARE THE DALEKS SUPREMELY SKILLED AS STAND-UP COMEDIANS? BECAUSE WE CANNOT SIT DOWN.

WHAT DID THE THAL SAY TO THE DALEK? "PLEASE DO NOT EXTER-AAHHH..." ::pause:: THAT IS THE JOKE.

DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE DALEK PEEPING TOM? HE WAS ARRESTED FOR EYE-STALKING.

DO YOU KNOW WHY THE DALEKS ARE SUPERIOR TO ALL OTHER SPECIES? ::pause:: NO? THAT IGNORANCE IS PART OF WHY WE ARE SUPERIOR! YOU WILL ALL LAUGH NOW OR YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They needed to make the plunger and ray gun tiny.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I wouldn’t besmirch the daleks like this. Say what you want, but at least they’re worthy adversaries.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

That Dalek is far too slim to be Trump, should have used one of the Moffat fat Daleks.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/Andr3wSmith/status/1017788766126313473

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

SiKboy posted:

And I read your post as “what’s it about mate” in a Yorkshire accent

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Someone popped aboard the Swinetrek:

https://twitter.com/wtr240175/status/1017886090257227783

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

SiKboy posted:

You could probably fool someone pretty easily into thinking it was from the era of the show that brought us WOTAN and SIDRATs.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

You know he just pulled that out of his wardrobe after receiving the call.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

After The War posted:

You could probably fool someone pretty easily into thinking it was from the era of the show that brought us WOTAN and SIDRATs.

poo poo, if someone had posted the picture with "Whoa, they're bringing back ATBIOMUET? Now THATS a deep cut" I probably would have bought it for a second.

The_Doctor posted:

You know he just pulled that out of his wardrobe after receiving the call.

Oh, we're pretending he wasnt already wearing it when they called?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

These loss edits are popping up everywhere.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Wheat Loaf posted:

New footage to go out during the BBC's half-time coverage during the World Cup final apparently. Might be the stuff leaked earlier. We'll have to wait and see.

Hoping it's either a proper trailer or something else they've filmed specifically to show off and not just the clip that was leaked earlier. That clip was nice, but I want something new. I really need to see her outfit in motion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

This is 10x more funnier and British than that balloon.

Nice to see Scrooge McDuck exhibiting synergy with another Disney property! :v:

• Locked thread