Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

Why is it a G1 special in April

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

sigmachiev posted:

Quickly polling some friends and they all think if its Okada v Omega for the belt at MSG, its cant miss for them. Definitely cant miss for me.

How do people do this with these stupid loving ROH shows every time

It'll be marty scurll vs hiromu or some bullshit. Okada will be in a six man tag where Yoshi Hashi pins a briscoe to kickstart his resurgence

Like come on three loving months ago a bunch of people went to SuperCard of Honor instead of the best NXT show in recent memory and were rewarded with Dalton Castle def Marty Scurll (31:37)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strawberry Panda posted:

ROH booked a show at MSG and WWE forced MSG to cancel it.

Ah Vince I unironically love when you’re still carny as gently caress.

I am sooooooooooooooooooo down for this. Granted I’m a little nervous buying tickets so far ahead of a show (injuries and all). I hope they took into account Cow Palace sales and potential price adjustments.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I hope they took into account Cow Palace sales and potential price adjustments.

it's a madison square garden show on wrestlemania weekend; it will be the most expensive show NJPW or ROH has ever run in America

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It being in MSG may make Gedo crack out a couple big matches but tbh I wouldn't expect much, especially if Delirious is booking the whole thing.

Like the fact that it's being explicitly advertised as a NJPW x RoH show from the get go right down to the name being G1 Supercard means something. NJPW should have more of an active presence than they did at SoH this year, but maybe not MUCH more.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

loving book Taichi for a match on the East Coast and I'll gladly empty my savings for tickets

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

abraham linksys posted:

it's a madison square garden show on wrestlemania weekend; it will be the most expensive show NJPW or ROH has ever run in America

A man can dream, no?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'd actually expect Naito vs Cody as the main event. If they're pushing it as ROH vs NJPW, you book the ROH champ vs the IWGP champ.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:getin:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

deadkiller615 posted:

Why is it a G1 special in April

yeah

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

When's new japan going to stop milking the G1 and finally give us the G2

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

didnt think about it much

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bryan Danielson defeats Cody for the NWA World Title
Omega retains the IWGP Title against Okada

DANIELSON COMES OUT TO STARE DOWN OMEGA AND END THE SHOW

And then ROH/New Japan runs MSG every 6 months for the rest of my life

Please and thank you

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

John Dudebro posted:

CGI Tanahashi, and Okada in garish, clashing coloured long boys.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

John Dudebro posted:

That would be the Grade 2! It'd be worse! YOU'RE ASKING FOR AN INFERIOR PRODUCT!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Do the G2 on the undercards with like Taichi, Chase Owens, Hikuleo, Honma, Tanga Loa, Finlay and Henare. Winner gets to be in next year's G1.

Speaking of - it's the day before the G1 and we still have no idea what the undercards are. I guess Hiromu's absence is causing some headaches of what to do with Naito/SANADA tag matches on Block A days.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

abraham linksys posted:

How do people do this with these stupid loving ROH shows every time

It'll be marty scurll vs hiromu or some bullshit. Okada will be in a six man tag where Yoshi Hashi pins a briscoe to kickstart his resurgence

Like come on three loving months ago a bunch of people went to SuperCard of Honor instead of the best NXT show in recent memory and were rewarded with Dalton Castle def Marty Scurll (31:37)

If that does happen it's a major letdown but I've got to think given the venue everyone is on board with bringing the S tier game. My money is on a proper dream match on top or IWGP title.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The fact they clear have New Japan's name means we should expect a good dream match but who knows with ROH

Comedy answer is Vince just spite signs all the Foreign talent to multi million dollar deals to screw with even and stack Takeover (This is what will happen)

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That date is right around when Sakura Genesis will fall so either the NJC winner demands the shot in MSG or the show won't be getting a serious title match. Sort of like how the Cow Palace show had no card until after Dominion.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That date is right around when Sakura Genesis will fall so either the NJC winner demands the shot in MSG or the show won't be getting a serious title match. Sort of like how the Cow Palace show had no card until after Dominion.

NJC winner can also challenge for IC (or NEVER lol)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Kind of awkward listening to commentary from even just a few weeks ago where they were putting Takahashi over as someone who would metaphorically break his own neck just to do a bit of damage to his opponent. It's not like it was Takahashi's fault this time, but if he returns I hope he slows down his style a bit and is less of a danger to his own body so he doesn't end up becoming like Shibata.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

NJC winner can also challenge for IC (or NEVER lol)

Honestly? Jericho dropping in the main at SakGen to go back to WWE on April 8 wouldn't be a bad shout.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/evilpeach/status/1017568362589761536?s=19

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonna be sad when Jay White steals them from Okada

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Now for the real important news: They have the hype videos up for every G1 entry now https://twitter.com/njpwglobal

JUICE! JUICE! REVOLUTION! :3:

Benne fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jul 13, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They could put the IWGP US title in a headline spot on the MSG show. Juice gonna main event the Garden, baby! Maybe they'll sort out the fire code and he can have the nipple sparklers by then!

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Absolutely not confident at all in my A block predictions at all, but I'm pretty confident in the top 4 of B block.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Benne posted:

Now for the real important news: They have the hype videos up for every G1 entry now https://twitter.com/njpwglobal

JUICE! JUICE! REVOLUTION! :3:

thanks, these were sweet!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I like how Zack's has the subtitles attributing MC TAKA.

Edit: And Ishii's ends with the rope bite spot from Long Beach last year! God that match was so good.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 13, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

my bad predictions

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Okada/Sabre? Really? :crossarms:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gaz-L posted:

It's way more likely than you think (certainly more realistic than Kota winning the block)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

My, admittedly, probably off in the details predictions. I stand by my block winners, though.

Benne posted:

It's way more likely than you think (certainly more realistic than Kota winning the block)

I feel like they'd need to be VERY sure Omega's not re-signing or that Suzuki's hanging it up before they push Zack that hard.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gaz-L posted:

I feel like they'd need to be VERY sure Omega's not re-signing or that Suzuki's hanging it up before they push Zack that hard.

They, uh, already pushed him that hard in the New Japan Cup. And he just beat Okada at the RevPro show so there's a logical rubber match to build to. I'd say he's already at the level where he can be seen as a credible block winner.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

They're 1-1 and Gedo loves booking rubber matches

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I'm not too confident on my A Block predictions, but I will stand by my B Block, and Tonga in particular standing out as a threat thanks to the Firing Squad stuff (something I would not have predicted I'd lean towards going into my picks :stare: ) and doubly particularly by my man YTR screwing Tonga out of a G1 Finals visit :haw:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
We talked about why doesn't NJPW tour the rest of the country a few weeks ago and the G1 Supercard show gives a solid answer:

Why should NJPW throw shows in the MidWest and East coasts on their dime when ROH happily does it for them?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If the MSG show actually happens, I hope they do a spot off the McMahon statue.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

If the MSG show actually happens, I hope they do a spot off the McMahon statue.

Kota Ibushi does a moonsault off it onto Jonathan Gresham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

pretty sure i gave yoshi hashi too many wins