Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
His thread seems less like he supports arenanet's decision and more that he understands the true but unfair reality that employees of a company de facto represent the company even on personal twitter accounts, and so until something changes there it's probably best policy to be amicable even if one gets angry on line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Still victim-blaming horseshit. If he's too cowardly or bankrupt to be on the right side of this he should just shut up.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Motto posted:

The job of PR isn't tossing employees to the wolves lmao

That's HR's job.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

elf help book posted:

I hope the Sonic meme twitter guy is fired.

He should have been when he tweeted at Elon Musk.:barf:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Motto posted:

The job of PR isn't tossing employees to the wolves lmao

Oh it very much is

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Spinning Robo posted:

His thread seems less like he supports arenanet's decision and more that he understands the true but unfair reality that employees of a company de facto represent the company even on personal twitter accounts, and so until something changes there it's probably best policy to be amicable even if one gets angry on line

I went and looked at it and it's awful lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I demand we stop talking about the nerd running the twitter account and get back on track, here - Sonic Unleashed is the greatest game ever released.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

No game that has the werehog levels is the best of anything!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's only a few hours left to get a Sonic toaster.
https://shop.sega.com/products/sonic-toaster

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The only way you should play Unleashed is by that mod that ports all the good Sonic levels into Generations. The werehog is some of the worst poo poo ever in Sonic.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Werehog was flawed, but intriguing! FLAWED, BUT INTRIGUING I SAY!

SeANMcBAY posted:

The only way you should play Unleashed is by that mod that ports all the good Sonic levels into Generations. The werehog is some of the worst poo poo ever in Sonic.

And replace the smashy guy that chases you with the G.U.N. truck?!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I really want a rerelease or mod of Unleashed that tightens everything up - no jazz music, no fog walls preventing progress, faster levelling, tweak Sonic's movement to be way less slidey, no more balance beams that you can't then grab back onto after falling, add an extra fifteen seconds to each of Sonic's sections of the final boss, no more "WOOOOOO!" on every boost. Fix those and a lot of the more intolerable parts of the game are dealt with.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

no more "WOOOOOO!" on every boost

what the gently caress

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
The generations mod doesn't include all the mini challenges which is a bummer

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

what the gently caress

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

JAZZ GOD OF WAR makes it 5x better

Unleashed has the best aesthetics of any sonic game fight me

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The jazz music was the only somewhat decent part about the warehog.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Apologies, obviously the level music gets to stay. The battle music and "WOOOOO!" need to be aggressively toned down at the very least.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

decrease enemy HP, add an enemy lock on feature, speed up his movement by 50 %, and decrease the necessary exp gain, and the werehog works just fine, in my opinion.

For daylight stuff, cut down/rework the medal system.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The only way to fix the wearhog would be to scrap it entirely and let platinum do it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

The generations mod doesn't include all the mini challenges which is a bummer

They were working on a 2.0 version of it that did include those at some point. But who knows if it was ever finished.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Zelder posted:

The only way to fix the wearhog would be to scrap it entirely and let platinum do it.

The werehog stages weren't bad but I'd let Hideki Kamiya tear gouges out of my skin and use the wounds to put out cigarettes after playing MGR, so hell yes I'd let him do it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I do not want to think about Hideki Kamiya handling anything that might include Amy Rose in it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The battle music jazz on it's own isn't bad. It's just that it overrides the cool as hell nighttime music every single time combat happens, which is frequently and constantly in those stages. On top of that it always starts from the beginning of the track instead of picking up in the middle wherever it last left off so you just hear the beginning riff 5,000 times a night stage and you just want to stab your ears out.

It's especially a crime because the actual stage themes for night stages are loving baller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHZhRMzfH1Y

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Discendo Vox posted:

I do not want to think about Hideki Kamiya handling anything that might include Amy Rose in it.

You're thinking about it right now!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

The werehog stages weren't bad but I'd let Hideki Kamiya tear gouges out of my skin and use the wounds to put out cigarettes after playing MGR, so hell yes I'd let him do it.

kamiya had nothing to do with mgr, screaming idiot

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

b_d posted:

You're thinking about it right now!

Amazingly, I'm not. It's some strange blessing- I try to imagine it and my mind just sort of...goes blank. Though I have noticed I've started bleeding from my ears.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

A quick googling shows that your vision should be gnashing and screaming he's making her a switch exclusive.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Amy is now 19 feet tall (14 feet of that is legs) and she's gonna step on you with her boots that turn into hammers

Somehow she's less sexualized now by the sonic fanbase

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Motto posted:

I still don't get the water meme since that was and is a genuine issue people have with Pokemon RSE.

You know that joke about how CineD would eat from a garbage can if film critics said garbage was bad to eat? It's like that but with lovely video game mechanics.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

sharrrk posted:

kamiya had nothing to do with mgr, screaming idiot

Dude makes still good games, Anime Avatar.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The battle music jazz on it's own isn't bad. It's just that it overrides the cool as hell nighttime music every single time combat happens, which is frequently and constantly in those stages. On top of that it always starts from the beginning of the track instead of picking up in the middle wherever it last left off so you just hear the beginning riff 5,000 times a night stage and you just want to stab your ears out.

It's especially a crime because the actual stage themes for night stages are loving baller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHZhRMzfH1Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3VW9ep3gDc

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

A quick googling shows that your vision should be gnashing and screaming he's making her a switch exclusive.

If we're playing that game, my actual vision would be modding a hypothetical action sonic with a new endgame difficulty. Super Hard crossed with Expert crossed with Soleanna's apple festival.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

mycot posted:

You know that joke about how CineD would eat from a garbage can if film critics said garbage was bad to eat? It's like that but with lovely video game mechanics.
If it's not too off-topic can you guys explain this mechanic you speak of?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I can't wait for plus

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

VJeff posted:

The Werehog was flawed, but intriguing! FLAWED, BUT INTRIGUING I SAY!

Intriguing and still fun, imo

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Hell yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVa3Tw0iB4

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

YoshiOfYellow posted:

for anyone who hasn't played unleashed it's literally this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-d5qfggn2E

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Stairmaster posted:

I can't wait for plus

Same. I’m glad it’s coming out just as I was craving to do another run. I can’t wait to see what easter eggs people find this time.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

Hoenn is about half water

That’s the mechanic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Spiderdrake posted:

Sea travel in Pokemon always sucked. It's literally just Water Caves but with a different background, and everyone complains about the caves because you're constantly getting random encounters of the same one or two pokemon and they're boring.

But when a large website complains about surfing suddenly every acts like they always loved fighting a million sharpedo/tentacool.

mycot fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 13, 2018