Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Alkydere posted:

Look, the scientists put in the exact coordinates you gave them. It's not their fault their spies have humiliatingly been entirely suborned by the Allies because the Nazi intelligence machine was a colossal goatfuck of epic proportions can't figure out simple things like longitude and latitude.

Real talk: the story behind the Double Cross system is one of the most fascinating subjects about World War II. It’s also a great showcase how the “zomgzor most efficient German military powaaahr” sentiment doesn’t quuiiiiiite hold up to scrutiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I found a no scout server and played on that for a bit and if you think people camp their uncap just because they happen to have a sniper rifle, you are sadly mistaken. The RSC optical will apparently do in a pinch if you gotta protect the unattackable while padding your k/d and tanking your KPM

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

eonwe posted:

what games are yall playing in the meantime

I want to play an FPS but i dont think i feel like bf1

I'm playing thru things on origin access. Titanfall 2 is pretty great. come join me sometime.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I think women should be in battlefield, because it makes nazis mad.

Have more and more women in each game until they release battlefield 2143, in which men have gone extinct.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
then make airplanes and tanks extinct too

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i really wanna play bf v

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

eonwe posted:

i really wanna play bf v

Hell, same

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

eonwe posted:

i really wanna play bf v

:same:

Getting kinda burnt out on 4, and 1 never clicked for me.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm just hoping on launch it actually does run better, because the alpha was hot garbo performance wise

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Digirat posted:

Have more and more women in each game until they release battlefield 2143, in which men have gone extinct.

Making Nazis made is a good motivator.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

eonwe posted:

i really wanna play bf v

I really wanna play BF5.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Nothing I love more than getting shot and seeing the player who shot me is basically in an impossible place for them to shoot me.

Also there was a weird cheater on the server I was on earlier. When you saw them, they'd be crouched down in a firing position, flying across the screen. They were getting shot at, with nothing happening, i even shot a tank shell at them, and nothing. But they were getting MAD kills, all headshots. They were banned pretty quickly, but not before racking up nearly 20 kills in a few minutes. I understand why people cheat, but why use something that is so blatantly obvious? Especially on a heavily modded server? Its even dumber than antagonizing the mods.

I'm not pre ordering until the open beta for BFV, there's just too many games this year I want and I don't want to gently caress up like last year and buy this years ME Andromeda and Battlefront 2 AGAIN. Yea I'm being super careful with games this year. Even RDR2 is not an automatic pre order. Only fallout 76 is going to be done because I'm that much of a mark for Fallout, and unlike Bioware, they have not failed to deliver yet.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

I found a no scout server and played on that for a bit and if you think people camp their uncap just because they happen to have a sniper rifle, you are sadly mistaken. The RSC optical will apparently do in a pinch if you gotta protect the unattackable while padding your k/d and tanking your KPM

I mentioned the medic's G43 causing this problem in the alpha forums and got shouted down because the medics all insisted that the scope was very important so they could survey the battlefield and properly assess where they were needed and not just standing next to the scouts in the back.

Alkydere posted:

WWII/BF5 version: your squad calls in a Tiger but you lack paint or your transmission makes the most godawful noise before it rips itself to pieces after about 50 meters of travel.

Or you all pile into the squad's Churchil and puts the pedal to the metal going down a hill, using gravity assist to get that slab of metal to a whopping twenty THREE KPH...only to hear a knocking on the hatch. A small, polite man in a bowler cap pokes his hands and very politely asks what you are doing wasting the King's oh so very expensive petrol.

(Valentines, Matildas and Churchils were mechanically limited to about 20 KPH so as to not have them haring off and leaving the infantry units they supported behind. This actually wasn't exactly rare with tanks. Another British tank, the Cromwell I think, was limited to about 40 KPH as otherwise it was too uncomfortable to ride in, as in "crew needs medical attention" uncomfortable. And the Panzer III was limited to about the same speed despite being able to rip itself apart to reach in 65-70 KPH if you bypassed the safeties)

Or you're not allowed to spawn in an M10 because the team commander doesn't want to add your ammo burden to his supply lines.

It is funny how the British made tanks that were so anti-ergonomic they were a danger to the crew. Apparently the engineer for the Vickers Valiant had it out for tank drivers as not only did the controls take gorilla strength to operate and had a tendency to cause physical harm, it had a nice hard spot that could crack the driver real good in the head anytime the tank made a sudden move. Then there was the fact that the British believed that the best way that they could support infantry was by creating smoke screens, so unlike the usual tank load of mostly HE, early on they often had majority load of smoke rounds.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Plan Z posted:

I mentioned the medic's G43 causing this problem in the alpha forums and got shouted down because the medics all insisted that the scope was very important so they could survey the battlefield and properly assess where they were needed and not just standing next to the scouts in the back.

Or you're not allowed to spawn in an M10 because the team commander doesn't want to add your ammo burden to his supply lines.

It is funny how the British made tanks that were so anti-ergonomic they were a danger to the crew. Apparently the engineer for the Vickers Valiant had it out for tank drivers as not only did the controls take gorilla strength to operate and had a tendency to cause physical harm, it had a nice hard spot that could crack the driver real good in the head anytime the tank made a sudden move. Then there was the fact that the British believed that the best way that they could support infantry was by creating smoke screens, so unlike the usual tank load of mostly HE, early on they often had majority load of smoke rounds.

As someone who played British tanks in War Thunder, it's true, High Command loving HATED their tank crews. Those suckers are hilariously cramped. Also after being bankrupted during WWI the Brits thought that APHE to fight enemy vehicles was a wasteful expense. After all, if the armor was penetrated the enemy crew abandoned 90% of the time, so why not just have a huge honking gun shooting a hardened tea crumpet through the front of a Tiger and out the back?

And I could almost, ALMOST see the smoke thing since one of the most important weapons for a tank is actually its MGs when facing infantry. The issue is you really want that big gun firing HE against entrenched enemy infantry.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
This is a realistic game, though. Why didn't the entrenchments just have the scouts spot and then fire against the 3D spot marks? :smuggo:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Paul MaudDib posted:

This is a realistic game, though. Why didn't the entrenchments just have the scouts spot and then fire against the 3D spot marks? :smuggo:

Because an elite group of RAF pilots wearing ghille suits had hopped into some spitfires and were strafing and suppressing the enemy snipers.

(God I hope the BF5 sniper kit is half as ridonculous as the more modern ones, it always amused me seeing some dude with twigs glue to his face jumping into a jet fighter)

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Alkydere posted:

Because an elite group of RAF pilots wearing ghille suits had hopped into some spitfires and were strafing and suppressing the enemy snipers.

(God I hope the BF5 sniper kit is half as ridonculous as the more modern ones, it always amused me seeing some dude with twigs glue to his face jumping into a jet fighter)

I hope they'll go ahead and give some more info about the visual customisation soon. I wanna be the most garish, pretty, and ridiculous soldier that the war has ever seen. If they've got anything in hot pink I might even be tempted to spend some real dosh on it.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

So I'm trying to get back into BF1 to do the road to BFV poo poo and it's almost overwhelming how many tasks, assignments, and crap there is. Honestly, do we really need these many weapons? Most of them are hot garbage.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

afkmacro posted:

So I'm trying to get back into BF1 to do the road to BFV poo poo and it's almost overwhelming how many tasks, assignments, and crap there is. Honestly, do we really need these many weapons? Most of them are hot garbage.

You really just need to get 30k points through multiple sessions. The tasks just give you bonus scrap.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I just got kicked/banned from a BF1 server for the first time ever for saying Nazis in WW1 and in game both complained about the US using shotguns. I know I'm stretching it a little bit, come on, for that??

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Chronojam posted:

I just got kicked/banned from a BF1 server for the first time ever for saying Nazis in WW1 and in game both complained about the US using shotguns. I know I'm stretching it a little bit, come on, for that??

Maybe they were being petulant about Nazis not existing in WWI (despite some Luftstreitkräfte planes sporting swastikas)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

*starts to repair a light tank in Amiens, the turret turns just as I am finishing and the player emblem is clearly a white supremacist corrupted civil rights symbol* :gonk:

Would really like if you'd just take a ban stance with the Nazis DICE.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'm pretty sure you can report emblems

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I never said I didn't report him now. It's just something I wish I could have avoided but it was a mid steam too late situation.

I just hope the customization in the next one is solid enough that any request for emblems to come back is a solid 'lol no'.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

I never said I didn't report him now. It's just something I wish I could have avoided but it was a mid steam too late situation.

I just hope the customization in the next one is solid enough that any request for emblems to come back is a solid 'lol no'.

Only premade emblems, and one of them just so happens to be in rainbow colours. :getin:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Maybe this time they'll do more of them. Always found it weird how we only got two flashes as part of the pre-order dealie and then nothing. Strange.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

SeanBeansShako posted:

You really just need to get 30k points through multiple sessions. The tasks just give you bonus scrap.

Yeah that was the easy part, looks like I missed out on stage 1 stuff.

Actually excited to start fresh on BFV, I’m just hoping they don’t go overboard with collectibles again.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Unironically looking forwards to the unlock grind and figuring out what's grossly overpowered

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

afkmacro posted:

Yeah that was the easy part, looks like I missed out on stage 1 stuff.

Actually excited to start fresh on BFV, I’m just hoping they don’t go overboard with collectibles again.

Eh, you aren't missing much. The weapon skins follow the same theme of 'cloth wrapped around slightly aged battered furniture with old timey stuff on them'.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
At least they confirm some of the weapons to show up in BF V. So far, Lewis Gun and G.95 confirmed!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've gotten all the Road to BFV stuff so far. They're neat but nothing spectacular.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

SeanBeansShako posted:

*starts to repair a light tank in Amiens, the turret turns just as I am finishing and the player emblem is clearly a white supremacist corrupted civil rights symbol* :gonk:

I saw quite a bit of the Nazi/White supremacist stuff earlier on Xbox but once the report feature came out it dropped off almost to non-existence. So at least on Xbox it would seem that a majority of people don't stand for it. That also goes for emblems like pony poo poo, anime girls, and extreme garbage like the "emo girl with cleavage and a huge dollop of cum in her mouth" you know the one. All of that poo poo... gone. And I am so happy for it.

I did a mean thing the other night. Playing shock operations and the only dude on my squad alive to spawn on all the time was the sniper way in the back. So I stood up near him to draw fire, then when he inevitably got shot I sprinted back to him and acted like I was going to rez him, then threw a med kit on his corpse and took off. gently caress that guy.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Julius CSAR posted:

, anime girls,

Uh????

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Leal posted:

Uh????

I'm guessing they take those out as well, because I used to see it all the time, but not anymore

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Digirat posted:

Battlefield Vagina

I'm down

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Avalanche posted:

Battlefield Vagina

I'm down

Battlefield Y

or of the name of a graphic novel isn't good enough

Battlefield XX

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Battlefield Y, the last man

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I see swastikas all the time on PS4 BF4. :(

That and a bunch of fuckheads with the exact same Trump picture.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Welcome to military video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
and it's only gonna get worse now that the wehraboos has the actually wehrmacht to play