Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Russell Howard is poo poo though tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

sebzilla posted:

Russell Howard is poo poo though tbf

He's poo poo and just seems like a bellend some of the time. Alice is alright, sometimes she's funny and has good ideas for the tasks but if she wasn't as cute as she is I doubt I'd like her as much as I do. Asim is literally the worst person that's been on it, an awful combination of unfunny and unimaginative. Tim and Liza are good

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Rarity posted:

If you think Alice Levine is bad then I'm going to have to fight you :colbert:

She’s alright but inconsistent

I just want constant bob

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
I wonder why Katherine Ryan isn't on the latest episodes of New World Order? She's the funniest one.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Paperhouse posted:

He's poo poo and just seems like a bellend some of the time. Alice is alright, sometimes she's funny and has good ideas for the tasks but if she wasn't as cute as she is I doubt I'd like her as much as I do. Asim is literally the worst person that's been on it, an awful combination of unfunny and unimaginative. Tim and Liza are good

I really enjoy Asim, I don't know what's unfunny about him!

This series so far has been great and the only one I've really disliked has been the one with Al Murray and Dave Gorman because the contestants didn't bounce off each other as well.

I still absolutely hate Russell Howard though. In that task where you had to find out what you had in common with the lady he just sat talking about himself for goddamn ages. He's so loving awful.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Pissflaps posted:

Finding it hard to remain engaged with Taskmaster. This is undoubtedly the weakest panel to take part, but maybe I’m just finding it a bit samey now.

I've only seen series 1 and most of this series, but it's not the same. I love Alice Levine but she seems to want to win each task with minimal effort, when it's maximum tomfoolery that makes uk quiz shows worth watching. Liza Tarbuck is the best one.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I've been watching ITV player lately while the world cup is on and there's a lot of ads promoting the "blockchain solution". Is that poo poo on broadcast TV as well?

(I moved into my current flat a year ago and it didn't have a TV aerial, but I pretty much only used the TV for netflix, prime and iplayer anyway so :effort:)

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, gosh yes. First time I saw one I thought I'd misheard. I dunno how it works or anything. Better than all the funeral insurance ads at least. Man adverts are depressing sometimes

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

My company is launching a crypto currency. I am part of the problem; I’m sorry. (I have nothing to do with it but everybody is doing it as a new way to separate fools and their money right now :()

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

bitterandtwisted posted:

I've been watching ITV player

Good god why? Poirot's been done for ages.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Akuma posted:

My company is launching a crypto currency. I am part of the problem; I’m sorry. (I have nothing to do with it but everybody is doing it as a new way to separate fools and their money right now :()

What do they think this is, 2017?

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

BizarroAzrael posted:

Good god why? Poirot's been done for ages.

Streaming world cup games. v:shobon:v

The quality is poo poo compared to iplayer

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

bitterandtwisted posted:

I've been watching ITV player lately while the world cup is on and there's a lot of ads promoting the "blockchain solution". Is that poo poo on broadcast TV as well?

(I moved into my current flat a year ago and it didn't have a TV aerial, but I pretty much only used the TV for netflix, prime and iplayer anyway so :effort:)

After everything I’ve read in the Bitcoin thread, I can’t wait for my entire house to be hooked up to the ‘chain so my washing machine can charge me per load and my fridge can charge per minute.

IDK what the stuff with the old hologram people was about. Either advanced Skype or trying to bring people back from the dead via block chain.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Everyone needs to watch Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone fishing. Its so wonderful.

threat level tesco
Jul 2, 2007

Padje posted:

Liza Tarbuck is the best one.

If you've never listened to Liza on Radio 2 on a Saturday night then you're missing out. Likewise with watching Mortimer & Whitehouse. Just really lovely, friendly broadcasting.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Stath Lets Flats is pretty funny. If you’ve ever rented a crap, overpriced flat in a city then you’ll definitely identify some of the dodgy letting agent characters.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Oh man, I was laughing so hard at the last pre-recorded task on Taskmaster.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

And next series contestants have been announced:

https://twitter.com/davechannel/status/1014615067701207040?s=19

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8tgxP69iFw
Well, poo poo.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

James Acaster, Phil Wang AND Rhod Gilbert? Say it ain't so :love:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Well, it looks like the overarching task will always be "make Rhod Gilbert angry"

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Eh, I'm really not a fan of Rhod Gilbert but so far each series the guests I've been least enthusiastic about have turned out to be surprisingly good, so what do I know.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

A week or two ago I saw an ad for Big Narsty’s new chat show in which he claimed it would be the “blackest thing on television”. A laudable goal, but one slightly undercut by the voiceover announcing “the Big Narsty Show, this week featuring Ed Sheeran”.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Comrade Fakename posted:

A week or two ago I saw an ad for Big Narsty’s new chat show in which he claimed it would be the “blackest thing on television”. A laudable goal, but one slightly undercut by the voiceover announcing “the Big Narsty Show, this week featuring Ed Sheeran”.

Big Narstie and Ed Sheerhan have been mates since before they both get famous

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

And they’re both poo poo.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pissflaps posted:

And they’re both poo poo.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

I’m sure they have, but Ed Sheeran also might be the whitest man alive. He’s practically translucent.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

So white, he wouldn't be stopped for a random search.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've been watching Hustle. I watched a bit of it while it was originally on but was never hugely into it - I was too young to appreciate it, hadn't seen The Sting or Ocean's Eleven or anything yet - but it's really entertaining. Having had little else to do outside work, I've powered through six out of eight seasons in the past week and a half.

Never realised Hustle, Spooks and Life On Mars / Ashes To Ashes all had the same production company, but I shouldn't be surprised because all of them altogether (and New Tricks) are what I think of when I think "early/mid-2000s BBC drama".

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Holy poo poo, theres a Ch4 show called Celebrity Sextortion about a guy who got recorded wanking on his webcam and got blackmailed. And he's hosting the show!

A retired tennis player whose name is somehow Dan Lobb.

More like Dan Knobb

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
I forgot the Chuckle Brothers had a new show coming out. Caught some of it last night and it was just them talking over YouTube videos of funny cats and #yogafails. It was basically You’ve Been Framed but I don’t think they’ve paid anyone for the clips.

Basically, it’s a sweet gig and I’m jealous. I want to be paid to talk about cute babies.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Holy poo poo, theres a Ch4 show called Celebrity Sextortion about a guy who got recorded wanking on his webcam and got blackmailed. And he's hosting the show!

A retired tennis player whose name is somehow Dan Lobb.

More like Dan Knobb

Dan Lobb-on.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Comrade Fakename posted:

I’m sure they have, but Ed Sheeran also might be the whitest man alive. He’s practically translucent.

Does anyone remember when Mick Hucknall was given a MOBO?

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Cor. Richard Bacon isn’t too well.

https://t.co/KUq7fTTTIJ

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I never had much of an opinion on Richard Bacon, but Richard Herring booked him on his show and it ended up being one of the best episodes he ever did.

Hope he pulls through.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Gorn Myson posted:

I never had much of an opinion on Richard Bacon, but Richard Herring booked him on his show and it ended up being one of the best episodes he ever did.

Hope he pulls through.

Also Rock Profile.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

thehustler posted:

Cor. Richard Bacon isn’t too well.

https://t.co/KUq7fTTTIJ

Aw man, I've always liked him. Hope he pulls through :ohdear:

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Also his episode of The Thick Of It is one of the funniest eps of British comedy ever made

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Matinee posted:

Also his episode of The Thick Of It is one of the funniest eps of British comedy ever made

It's so good. It's my favourite of the third series for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I've always been a fan of Richard Bacon since he did the outside bits on The Big Breakfast. And yeah his RHLSTP is one of the best. Good luck to him