Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

TV Zombie posted:

Now that you mention it...what is Seth's gimmick?

guy that is absolutely desperate to have the crowd accept him as a face and forget his horrible championship run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
What if instead of Vince and Kevin Dunn burying all the NXT call-ups out of spite, it actually turns out that the performance center does a really lovely job of preparing wrestlers to work on the main roster?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m sure it does they’re able to have tv time and characters and not get spite booked into oblivion. That’s not the real WWE experience.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't remember ever seeing that much of us have hope that maybe This Time things will be different

Shame it'll never happen again

You're giving people way too much credit.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Don't forget that they're able to work a schedule that allows for planning and rehearsal of a match instead of rolling into the show that day not actually knowing if they're working or not.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Tie it up around ringside at Extreme Rules. Spice the show up a bit.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/1017873223864680448

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's a work, brother

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
They suspended it with full treats.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh man my big dog shirt came in time for the PPV. Bow wow wow my yard, etc.

https://i.imgur.com/abGC0oA.jpg

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

Asuka got hit with the "Creative has nothing for you" when she lost her first big match but Nakamura's gotten a really great character now since losing. All she needs to do is be an Evan Bourne type attraction, do one move really well and smile a bunch. Sure she IS a much better wrestler than that, but if you're going to push a Japanese female wrestler as legit it should probably be Io

By pushing a wrestler as legit, I think you mean a few months to a year after Io comes up, she'll still have no main roster titles to her name, and will be jobbing to Carmella (Or Vanessa. Or Lacey.), who will get Ellsworth back again, since WWE loves recycling storylines.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It probably got a raise

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

Tie it up around ringside at Extreme Rules. Spice the show up a bit.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/1017873223864680448

And Roman says management isn't playing favorites. He is a loose cannon, biting Shinsuke.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1017881928127668229

https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/1017843740428394498

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Believe we're now up to 12 matches on the card

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

piss tape israel posted:

Even worse is that it essentially got replaced by the resurrection of Tim Allen's lovely CHUD sitcom

The show is just so hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w2R2_e4XIo

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So he's like a dollar store knockoff of Ron Swanson

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

I think SS is going to be 14-15 matches this year.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Chris James 2 posted:

Believe we're now up to 12 matches on the card

Yeah it's wild

I think that Team Hell No's match, Shinsuke/Hardy, and Rusev/Styles might all be decent but it seems much more likely that the two best matches will be on the preshow.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
Happy Rusev Day, everybody!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The huge vein popping out of Kane's hand shows how hard he is fighting the urge to chokeslam.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nia is very needy and clingy on social media. I hope they fire her.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
At least we know Almas is still alive :unsmith:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
No one believed me when I first said WWE didn't consider Becky pretty enough for the main roster.

https://twitter.com/411mania/status/1017965457377189889

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Jesus loving Christ.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Becky is a babe. I don't even understand that one.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Didn't they also pick on Stacy Keibler to try to get her to get a nose job and/or breast implants, or am I thinking of another woman they were absurdly unfair to because they didn't fit Their ideal beauty standards

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is the company that looked at Mickie loving James and decided she was so fat and ugly they made it an angle

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What she NEEEEDS are some tits

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Accident Underwater posted:

Yeah it's wild

I think that Team Hell No's match, Shinsuke/Hardy, and Rusev/Styles might all be decent but it seems much more likely that the two best matches will be on the preshow.

I hated thinking about this when I saw this but I think about whether these potentially good matches will get the time to be good matches.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

the escape goat posted:

I cancelled my network subscription today. Under the "why are you cancelling", I wrote in "I can't take the Roman push anymore."

I wonder if they bother to check those and, if so, how many similar complaints they've gotten.

Not that it would change anything, but still.

(Also, zero point in subscribing since I go to the pub to watch raw, SD and every PPV anyhow...)

When I cancelled years ago I said "push Roman Reigns" for my reason so you've only cancelled me out, the inertia of his push will continue.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

rovert posted:

No one believed me when I first said WWE didn't consider Becky pretty enough for the main roster.

https://twitter.com/411mania/status/1017965457377189889

To be fair... she looks WAY different than what she looked like in her early NXT days. I know people love to make fun of WWE using the Homer Simpsons makeup shotgun, but the hair, makeup, ring gear, and developing a non-dancing leprechaun personality goes a long way.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The_Rob posted:

Becky is a babe. I don't even understand that one.

She's not blonde.

Benne posted:

This is the company that looked at Mickie loving James and decided she was so fat and ugly they made it an angle

And then later on decided to make an angle about how she was too old a month before this loving match.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They do stage makeup techniques for a presentation that does tons of closeups.

It doesn’t make any sense, doing it for the 20k or so people live instead of the millions on TV but not surprising for WWE.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

VJeff posted:

She's not blonde.

And then later on decided to make an angle about how she was too old a month before this loving match.

Fun fact: At 36, Finn was the youngest person in that match

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

How old is braun
E: Wikipedia says 34

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fatherofmustard posted:

Fun fact: At 36, Finn was the youngest person in that match

Braun is younger than that.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Why argue over WWE's booking when you know they're just going to do the dumbest thing they can?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

They do stage makeup techniques for a presentation that does tons of closeups.

It doesn’t make any sense, doing it for the 20k or so people live instead of the millions on TV but not surprising for WWE.

What about any of their TV production *EXTREME CLOSE UP INTO MY NOSTRILS* makes *cut to a random member of the posting audience* sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

oldpainless posted:

How old is braun
E: Wikipedia says 34

My bad.

The average age was 40.8 years old.

fatherofmustard fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jul 14, 2018

• Locked thread