Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Finally, a reason to catch a lot of shinies! I like this eevee community day idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Cross promotion for Let's Go Eevee?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The fact they announced this and Lugia raids on the same day the 21st movie released featuring both Lugia and Eevee makes me think it's a sneaky tie in with that.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Beachcomber posted:

Cross promotion for Let's Go Eevee?

That doesn't release until November though, so it's a bit early for max hype

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

mastershakeman posted:

Next community day is eevee

Yes! I've been trying to get some good quality Eevee's for name trick evolves. I wasted my Vaporeon and Jolteon ones early on subpar 'mons.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

FrensaGeran posted:

The boffins at reddit said it was going to be Ralts goddamnit

Niantic never conforms to a pattern long enough, I don't know why people even try to predict anymore.

my favorite was the prediction of every community day into 2019 based on, I think, two community days. Nice optimism, I suppose, but :lol:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Looks like next community day is Eevee :geno:

The one pokemon I have in abundance around my neck of the woods that's actually good. Welp.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
July was the first month that community day was on the second instead of third weekend (because of Go Fest). Apparently they're sticking with the second weekend for August.

Naturally I'm available on the third weekend but will be traveling on the second weekend, so I get to miss both days.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I hope you all enjoyed the postcards I sent you from the zoo today!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

mastershakeman posted:

Next community day is eevee

Cool for shiny evolves but they should let naming work for all evolves that 3 hour window

maybe they'll wrap this into the first wave of gen 4 pokemon, with glaceon and leafeon becoming available that weekend.

also am i the only one that absolutely HATES the name leafeon? like, gently caress me it's so lazy and bad.

on an unrelated note, niantic should really start throwing regionals into 7km eggs you get from gifts, based entirely on where the gift came from. i'm kinda shocked that they did not just do this right off the bat, it makes plenty of sense.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Eevee move prediction: ice beam and solar beam.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Mustached Demon posted:

Eevee move prediction: ice beam and solar beam.

Prediction: Flail

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

seiferguy posted:

Natu and Aipom trying to be cool.

They will never be cool.

how about you kiss my whole bean

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
The community day we actually need is... Ditto only.
Always disguised as legendaries.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
That would be great for April fools day.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I posted the other day that now that I don't need ditto I caught 3 in 2 days. Well I'm up to 7 now for this week. Hooray.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
An alert just popped up for me that there will be special Pokemon this weekend in Chicago.
Do we know what those are? I'm not exactly ready to go hobbling around out there with my crutches, but if it's something I want, maybe.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Aww, I'm gonna be flying on the second eevee community day and I've already used the name tricks. RIP chances of getting a shiny espeon/umbreon with the move.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Post poste posted:

An alert just popped up for me that there will be special Pokemon this weekend in Chicago.
Do we know what those are? I'm not exactly ready to go hobbling around out there with my crutches, but if it's something I want, maybe.

You need to have a ticket to GO fest to get them I believe

redux
Apr 23, 2008

Parrotine posted:

You need to have a ticket to GO fest to get them I believe

That's just for Lincoln Park, there will supposedly be increased spawns all over downtown Chicago that are available to anyone.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Come on guys, is there any chance is actually goes off okay we don't have a repeat of last year?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

Come on guys, is there any chance is actually goes off okay we don't have a repeat of last year?

There's already a higher chance of success this year just based on the fact there will be multiple COWs deployed to handle the data traffic. No guarantees of actual success, of course. :v:

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Psion posted:

that second one

shroomish own

The one time so far that I've done a Contest.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Eevee confirmed for August and all the people on FB pages are losing their poo poo because 'it was supposed to be Ralts!'

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Got an Alolan Sandshrew and 2 Alolan Grimers from goon gifts today, which is pretty cool.

My curve ball is getting a bit better too. I can't figure out how fast to throw it to actually get it in the center, but at least they aren't missing 75% of the time now.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Spotted in the wild:

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
As a new pokemon go player I'm somewhat shocked by the terribleness of having to walk around with my screen on all the time and being tracked by GPS distance rather than steps. The original post has pretty positive feedback about the pokemon go plus, but I've also heard that the go-tcha has its pluses (like a go plus with its button continually pressed). Any thoughts? Don't care about cost as long as it's sub $50.

Mostly concerned about tracking all my distance traveled for candies and egg hatching as well as swiping pokestops.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Cretin90 posted:

As a new pokemon go player I'm somewhat shocked by the terribleness of having to walk around with my screen on all the time and being tracked by GPS distance rather than steps. The original post has pretty positive feedback about the pokemon go plus, but I've also heard that the go-tcha has its pluses (like a go plus with its button continually pressed). Any thoughts? Don't care about cost as long as it's sub $50.

Mostly concerned about tracking all my distance traveled for candies and egg hatching as well as swiping pokestops.

There's pretty much no reason to get a plus over a gotcha. The only advantage the plus has is that its an officially supported Niantic™ product

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

The vibration of the Plus will drive you crazy unless your pull the fucker out.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Alolan Geodude and Hairy Diglett are indeed roaming around right now. I haven't caught Best Diglett yet but I will get one soon... Dig dig dig

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Cretin90 posted:

As a new pokemon go player I'm somewhat shocked by the terribleness of having to walk around with my screen on all the time and being tracked by GPS distance rather than steps.

Paint shaker. Or more realistically, Pogo players become identified irl by the public as people constantly jacking off their phone while sitting down to hatch eggs.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Alolan Geodude and Hairy Diglett are indeed roaming around right now. I haven't caught Best Diglett yet but I will get one soon... Dig dig dig

Got me an Alolan Geodude and a shiny Minun today!

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Two years to the day since I signed up for this game, I hit level 40! :toot:

So... what now?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I’m thankful for the warning on transferring shinies, the shiny Plusle is drat near indistinguishable from the regular one.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Noxville posted:

I’m thankful for the warning on transferring shinies, the shiny Plusle is drat near indistinguishable from the regular one.

Yeah I just got one too, I almost didn't see that it was shiny. Thanks to the many year of playing Pokemon, I could feel that the colors were off.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Every gym should have a L O N G E G G in it imho

I have two for just that purpose.

Haven't taken a gym in days, though, because some yellow rear end in a top hat here loads every gym up with 2.5k Blisseys that I don't have an answer for yet.

Away all Goats posted:

I restart the game at least twice a day because the network stopped responding and all the buttons disappeared, most commonly when trying to load a gym

Mine's throwing a fun bug right now where any time I open a reward that has a pokemon encounter, it stops responding to input entirely. Have to crash and restart, then it works fine.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 14, 2018

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Have they changed the spawns or something? My local park is infested with Dunsparce.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

ijyt posted:

Have they changed the spawns or something? My local park is infested with Dunsparce.

Yeah, I think they rotated. I just found a Slugma, never seen that spawn around here before.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Liquid Communism posted:

Haven't taken a gym in days, though, because some yellow rear end in a top hat here loads every gym up with 2.5k Blisseys that I don't have an answer for yet.

Mine's throwing a fun bug right now where any time I open a reward that has a pokemon encounter, it stops responding to input entirely. Have to crash and restart, then it works fine.

Check to make sure you've given pogo camera permissions. Even if you're not using the AR, if it doesn't have camera permissions the last couple updates have been locking up like that for encounters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Liquid Communism posted:

A lot of people here are having issues with the app freezing randomly, requiring a restart of pogo. It hosed our raid yesterday too.

• Locked thread