Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
God I love this set. Went from Go-Getter to Profeshional pretty quickly, and I’ve never gone above GG before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i played for two hours straight and am already at 740 profreshional, this set is cod tier

i still had to hard carry some teams though, i guess not everyone can handle true power

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the all grizz shift is extremely good

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

3 Sloshers at the same time can be rough thoughg

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Salmon Run is broken as gently caress and I love it. Never stopping.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'd be enjoying this a lot more if the game would stop giving me the loving GrizzCo Charger :nallears:.

Nevermind my general dislike of getting saddled with one in Salmon Run, it's utterly boring compared to all the other GrizzCo weapons.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Murdering a fly fish with the slosher will never get old

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

lol that was satisfying

thanks for the ez mode mr grizz

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm really enjoying the Splattershot Jr. buff, that big goofy backpack brings me such joy

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
So the larger drink bottle style ink tanks are meant to indicate a weapon has a superior ink capacity, right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Goldie waves with this loadout are amazing

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Ghost Leviathan posted:

So the larger drink bottle style ink tanks are meant to indicate a weapon has a superior ink capacity, right?

Exactly, the new patch gave Splattershot Jrs 10% more ink capacity than normal.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

The Jr. didn't need a buff but I'll take it.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Can confirm as of today I am 1 for 1 on Hazard Level MAX.

I was wholly not ready but the team and the ridiculous loadout were big helps.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Didn’t think the Grizzco slosher was particularly good, then i realised it ignores all boss armor and i gasped irl

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

if youre all not 999 profreshional hazard level max by the end of this i dont know what to say

https://twitter.com/SmilesHimself/status/1018129094280507392,

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
The Grizzco Slosher has a number of just-so characteristics that make it incredible.

One shot directly at the cockpit of a Flyfish kills it instantly.

Because of its divebombing trajectory, one shot from the right distance at the head of a Stinger will kill it instantly. Because it moves so slowly, an imperfectly aimed shot will still deal helladamage.

A bunch of hits at center mass will kill Scrappers, Steelheads and Drizzlers.

A volley fired directly at an oncoming Steel Eel will pass through its body and kill it. (Careful with this one though.)

More generally, a single fired shot will basically kill any lesser salmonid it hits and give you a brilliant cover to swim under.

Because it passes through everything (if not murdering it wholesale), it's also excellent for reviving comrades who are otherwise hopelessly surrounded.

It rules incredibly.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Is it just me or is Salmon Runs matchmaking totally broken, I'm up in Professional 700 and it's still putting me in games with quotas like 14/16/18. Haven't seen Hazard Level MAX once yet during this shift.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A lot of people are going to be in waaay over their head after this set and the next few weeks of salmon run will just be an en masse deleveling

:woomy:

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
New undercover brella changes and all grizzco weapons are great, but let me tell you going from one to the other is a bit of a shock.

And 4 grizzco chargers is still 4 chargers

Jiang Shi
Oct 9, 2012

I hate it when I oversleep and show up late for the war crimes

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Dizz posted:

Will it be adding anti-cheat measures?

nintendo permabanned that guys accounts and console so wish granted i suppose

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

There are players out there so bad they fail miserably even when given all the best weapons. Somehow I keep getting those people on my teams.

Edit: on the plus side, I finally beat Girl Power station!!!!!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

repiv posted:

nintendo permabanned that guys accounts and console so wish granted i suppose

I think his point was that he wants Nintendo to make it so people him him couldn’t do that in the first place. It’s nice that they’re pretty quick about bans though.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
For real I am closing in on 999 and I cannot overstress how much I do not deserve that

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I really appreciate that the game now puts you at the Grizzco entrance after exiting Salmon Run.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

Edit: on the plus side, I finally beat Girl Power station!!!!!

:woomy:

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

SeANMcBAY posted:

I really appreciate that the game now puts you at the Grizzco entrance after exiting Salmon Run.

From someone who's only been playing since, like, a month before the Octo Expansion dropped, this change is godlike.

Now if only you could see 1. if you already own a piece of gear before ordering it through Murch and 2. see what the standard primary ability of SplatNet gear is before ordering it. Sometimes I'll see someone wearing shoes or whatever with a cool primary, but I'll forget if I have it too and when I pop into the equipment to check and pop back out, they're gone from the Square!

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
And I am also a coward who dreads the next non-broken Salmon Run!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• US/AU/NZ Squid vs. Octopus @ July 20th 21:00 PT / July 21th 00:00 ET / July 21th 14:00 AET
  • JP Squid vs. Octopus @ July 21th 15:00 JT
  • EU Squid vs. Octopus @ July 21th 16:00 CET
All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

It's not happening this weekend.

Bonus feature: During Splatfest, the side you choose reflects your character, ie. you don't need the expansion to play as an octo.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

GANDHITRON posted:

Now if only you could see 1. if you already own a piece of gear before ordering it through Murch and 2. see what the standard primary ability of SplatNet gear is before ordering it. Sometimes I'll see someone wearing shoes or whatever with a cool primary, but I'll forget if I have it too and when I pop into the equipment to check and pop back out, they're gone from the Square!

https://splatoon2.ink will tell you what's currently on offer at SplatNet in addition to what the standard ability of the gear is. Doesn't help a substantial amount if you're just on your phone, but still way better than nothing. In addition, it will also tell you what the common brand ability for all the stuff on sale is, which is useful if you care about that sort of thing.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
That's a good link, thank you!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I would say the only bad part about this patch is the Dualie Squelchers nerf. Plenty of other stuff deserved nerfing before it, but whatever. Plenty of other good changes, though.

BattleMaster posted:

The Jr. didn't need a buff but I'll take it.

Custom Splattershot Jr. had an absolutely horrendous kit before the autobomb changes and the ink tank buff, and the regular Splattershot Jr. was basically considered to be a lovely N-ZAP '85. Dunno if the buff will really make those weapons great, but they did need one.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 14, 2018

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It was due to the great advice to use the brush. Made it manageable. Also helped that I painted the column with the splat bomb rush on top before the enemies jumped over so I grabbed it during a reprieve and managed to splat all the remaining ones when they attacked.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
https://twitter.com/fedule/status/1018242993382256640

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think his point was that he wants Nintendo to make it so people him him couldn’t do that in the first place. It’s nice that they’re pretty quick about bans though.

I don't really understand what he was doing in the first place.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Karby64/status/1018087068164022274

Where is the lie.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Fetus posted:

I would say the only bad part about this patch is the Dualie Squelchers nerf. Plenty of other stuff deserved nerfing before it, but whatever. Plenty of other good changes, though.

Definitely don’t agree with this. They were becoming a real issue imo (at least in Turf)

Jiang Shi
Oct 9, 2012

Well that went by fast. It almost feels like it shouldn't count, it's so unsporting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I am still getting losing teams on this Salmon Run.