Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

In honor of Seamus,

You were a Good Dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I have never had a pet, so for the past decade my bestest animal friend was my in-laws' black lab, Seamus. Today, after twelve and a half years of life, Seamus was put to sleep. Even though I was not his master, I felt the need to share a tribute to an excellent dog.

Seamus was the quietest dog I have ever met. He never, ever barked, whined, or made any other noise, while awake anyway--while asleep the motherfucker snored like a freight train. He was also was the only retriever I have ever known who did not understand basic retriever concepts like fetch. Oh, he loved chasing balls and bringing them back, but he never understood that he needed to let go of the ball before we could throw it again. He was an accomplished food (and non-edible item) thief, with an entire stick of butter and several Kleenex among the items that found their way down his throat. He loved squeaker toys so much that few of them lasted more than 24 hours before losing the ability to squeak. And he was always excited whenever anyone promised to show him the bunnies in the front yard, even though there were never any bunnies there.

But if there was anything Seamus loved the most (besides food), it was laps. His favorite pastime was to find someone, anyone sitting down, place his head on their lap, and then drool on them. It did not matter if you had food in your possession, if you paid him any attention, or if you tried to shove him away--he would simply sit there, drooling on you and wagging his tail, being the best dog in the world.

In honor of Seamus, I humbly request pictures of black labs, from puppies to grizzled old men and ladies. Like all dogs, black labs are the best dogs, and on this day Seamus deserves to be surrounded by his cousins in best dogdom.

Farewell Seamus. You were a Good Dog.

My idiot is called Abby, she's also (roughly) 12.

She's surprisingly hard to get a picture of because her first reaction to seeing a camera is to charge up as close as possible to it, because - as an object being held by a human - it's obviously food for her.

This is her just after my parents got her, as a rescue at about 2 years old. This is one of her favourite dramatic poses - if she sees shoes going on, it's obviously walk time and she isn't letting you get away with not taking her out.

Here is one of the few pictures that are close to her posing - as a young lady she would lay in the sunshine until her fur was literally too hot to touch. She's finally realised the folly of this, but...

She's still too stupid to come in out of the rain or snow. This is another of her favourite poses by the way - if there's no walk forthcoming, she'll just sit at the gate and make "Please rescue me" eyes at any passers by. If they're silly enough to fall for it and start stroking her, she'll pull her favourite trick which unfortunately I've never managed to get on camera - as you stroke, she slowly and silently rolls over until without you even realising it you're rubbing her belly.

That belly in detail. Occasionally you'll just turn around and she'll be in this pose - the front paws held up like "Oh no, everyone can see my belly, I hope nobody takes advantage of my vulnerable position!".

I hate people who dress up their dogs. This scarf is not me dressing her up at all. And she totally doesn't love the fact that random passers-by stroking her goes up 200% when she wears it around Christmas. If you guessed I'm holding up a treat to make her stay still long enough for the picture, you're absolutely correct.

Being a Labrador she loves water. Stagnant puddles, random algae-filled buckets, and here the Thames - ignore the solemn bloody face, she does that all the time - check out that tail action.

Being a dog though, she hates clean water, especially when there's soap involved. This is the face you get when the pleasant afternoon in the back garden suddenly involves those two elements.

Bonus pics! My sister's mother-in-law's two Labs.

Goldie, the half-Lab half-Golden we had when I was growing up (14 years old here, she made it to 17)

And finally, my sister's dalmatians being stupidly cute.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Chocolate lab instead of black, but I still declare this a good enough excuse to repost this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVDTey-463o

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Khazar-khum posted:

Why not rescue--our local shelter is overrun with cats that are feral and little more than wild animals. A few years ago we adopted a feral cat we were told was friendly and well-socialized. I don't want to see what that shelter considers nasty and unsocialized. It took months for him to let me pet him, and then he was skittish and nervous. One night he punched through a window screen, and that was it. He stays in our yard, we feed him, but no one can get near him. I don't want a repeat of that fiasco.
... Did you not interact with the cat before you took them home or something?

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Stealing Sininu's gimmick here

https://twitter.com/hourlyFox/status/1018302886479056896

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

https://twitter.com/hourlyFox/status/1018468984008728577
Fluff
https://twitter.com/ttt_zegu952/status/1018458713470857216

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I have never had a pet, so for the past decade my bestest animal friend was my in-laws' black lab, Seamus. Today, after twelve and a half years of life, Seamus was put to sleep. Even though I was not his master, I felt the need to share a tribute to an excellent dog.

Seamus was the quietest dog I have ever met. He never, ever barked, whined, or made any other noise, while awake anyway--while asleep the motherfucker snored like a freight train. He was also was the only retriever I have ever known who did not understand basic retriever concepts like fetch. Oh, he loved chasing balls and bringing them back, but he never understood that he needed to let go of the ball before we could throw it again. He was an accomplished food (and non-edible item) thief, with an entire stick of butter and several Kleenex among the items that found their way down his throat. He loved squeaker toys so much that few of them lasted more than 24 hours before losing the ability to squeak. And he was always excited whenever anyone promised to show him the bunnies in the front yard, even though there were never any bunnies there.

But if there was anything Seamus loved the most (besides food), it was laps. His favorite pastime was to find someone, anyone sitting down, place his head on their lap, and then drool on them. It did not matter if you had food in your possession, if you paid him any attention, or if you tried to shove him away--he would simply sit there, drooling on you and wagging his tail, being the best dog in the world.

In honor of Seamus, I humbly request pictures of black labs, from puppies to grizzled old men and ladies. Like all dogs, black labs are the best dogs, and on this day Seamus deserves to be surrounded by his cousins in best dogdom.

Farewell Seamus. You were a Good Dog.

You made me tear up while smiling. That is a very good dog eulogy. Now I miss my neighbor's good boy who has also passed. My phone is not allowing me to download the only picture of him from the cloud, though. He also was a lab who liked to rest his big head on your lap and to drool. It wasn't his fault, though. He survived distemper as a puppy so was missing half his teeth. His moms couldn't bring themselves to put him down because he was just so drat happy, even while sick as hell.

Clyde was such a good boy. I'm really sad that I never got a picture of the look he gave me whenever he came trotting over to put his big head on my lap. It would instantly put a smile on my face. I would have liked to paint dat face.

Everybody should get to have a dog look at them with such adoration at least once in their lives. He wasn't begging or demanding anything. Just super glad that I existed. I was the only person he would follow out of a car without a battle of wills.

The only picture I have of him.

Bored has a new favorite as of 14:41 on Jul 15, 2018

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Anyone lucky enough to be loved like that by an animal is truly fortunate indeed.

This fatass is Pickle. She's about 5 years old and I've had her since she was 9 weeks. She is just about the sweetest cat I've ever met and will come to me when called. She starts purring the instant I pick her up. Her favorite things in the world are food and me, probably in that order. The day I got her, she rode home in my lap and slept on my chest that first night. She used to crawl under the covers with me and sleep with her head on the pillow when she was a kitten.

She had to go to the vet the other day and it turns out she does not have diabetes and she's lost almost 2 pounds since we put her on the fat cat diet.

I love my kitty. :3:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://i.imgur.com/X5CrZwI.mp4

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'll never be as happy as that dog holy poo poo. Practically doing back flips of joy.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Bored posted:

Everybody should get to have a dog look at them with such adoration at least once in their lives. He wasn't begging or demanding anything. Just super glad that I existed. I was the only person he would follow out of a car without a battle of wills.

This is the truth, and why I love dogs so much. My parents had a mini dachshund years ago, she passed away in 2015 after 16 good years with the family. She was such a sweetheart and sociable, never hurt or bit anyone, just super sweet and could be a little spastic sometimes when she got excited. Some of the best memories I had were stopping by once or twice a month, and as soon as I opened the door, she shot off the couch like a rocket and got the zoomies for a solid 5 minutes, scrambling around the coffee table and going nuts. When I sat down, she was right in my lap giving kisses and laying with her head under my chin like a little baby :3: She was the best and I miss her, my folks never did get another dog after that.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Zereth posted:

... Did you not interact with the cat before you took them home or something?

Long story. Here goes.

My SO's boss loves cats and is a cat lady. She was volunteering at this shelter. They told her about the cat, and she asked if SO would take it. Work is 80 miles away from home and shelter was another 10 or so. We didn't meet the cat until they brought him to our house in a wild animal trap cage. My preference is to meet the animal and get to know them first, but when your boss asks you to do this it's hard to say no. We feed the cat, but he's ours the same way the birds at the bird feeder are ours. BTW, SO transferred to a different department so we won't have that issue again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeahhhh that shelter hosed up by approving that cat for release when it wasnt socialized.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

BOOTY-ADE posted:

This is the truth, and why I love dogs so much. My parents had a mini dachshund years ago, she passed away in 2015 after 16 good years with the family. She was such a sweetheart and sociable, never hurt or bit anyone, just super sweet and could be a little spastic sometimes when she got excited. Some of the best memories I had were stopping by once or twice a month, and as soon as I opened the door, she shot off the couch like a rocket and got the zoomies for a solid 5 minutes, scrambling around the coffee table and going nuts. When I sat down, she was right in my lap giving kisses and laying with her head under my chin like a little baby :3: She was the best and I miss her, my folks never did get another dog after that.

I lowkey feel bad for people who are allergic to dogs or have a fear of them or just generally don't like them. I think they're missing out on of the best things about living on this dumb stupid planet.

https://i.imgur.com/ajHA1QA.mp4

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Not my vid, but this kid thinking a sloppy joe is poop and having serious issues coming to terms with the fact that it's not is cute. Sorry for the FB link.

https://www.facebook.com/KidsAreJustTheCutest/videos/1709050172525265/

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Away all Goats posted:

I lowkey feel bad for people who are allergic to dogs or have a fear of them or just generally don't like them. I think they're missing out on of the best things about living on this dumb stupid planet.

Dogs evolved with us, so we would cherish them.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/ThomasNoppers/status/1018799077180440576

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
rescue
https://twitter.com/Bodegacats_/status/1018825759337648129

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

Synchronized thumping :3:

And I agree, incidentally, and I've even been attacked by a dog before--when I was 10, my neighbor's giant-rear end bullmastiff decided that my legs looked delicious.

To this day I'm not sure if he was actually getting violent or just playing really rough (he never broke the skin), but I do know that I started screaming and my 77-year-old neighbor came running up and rugby-tackled this dog to get him off me.

Dogs are amazing and if you don't like them it just means you haven't been around the right kinds of dogs.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Tony Gunk posted:

To this day I'm not sure if he was actually getting violent or just playing really rough (he never broke the skin), but I do know that I started screaming and my 77-year-old neighbor came running up and rugby-tackled this dog to get him off me.

I'm glad your experience was better than mine. When I was a sprat, one of our neighbors had a dog that would just run wild. I don't remember much about him (and forget about even knowing the breed), except that he was huge and white and terrorized all us kids. Like, literally, if a bunch of us were playing together outside and saw him coming, we would scramble to the closest kid's house for safety. I dunno if anyone ever called animal control on those neighbors, but they sure as hell should have.

To this day, I flinch when I hear loud barking dogs and while I don't have what I would call a crippling fear of big dogs, I am very skittish around them (which doesn't help, I know).

But this is the cute thread, not the childhood traumas thread, so have some goats in coats (well, technically, sweaters).

And a goat that floats:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I like big poofy dogs--like if I'm around a Pyr or a Saint Bernard or a Bernese Mountain dog, I will give them a big ol' hug and scroof that floof until the cows come home.

Around things like Mastiffs, though? They just don't look friendly.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Yeah, like Newfies? I'm good with Newfies because they're big old floofs that you can put a saddle on and let your kid ride around.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

People keep mentioning giant floofdogs but not posting them :colbert:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I'm glad your experience was better than mine. When I was a sprat, one of our neighbors had a dog that would just run wild. I don't remember much about him (and forget about even knowing the breed), except that he was huge and white and terrorized all us kids. Like, literally, if a bunch of us were playing together outside and saw him coming, we would scramble to the closest kid's house for safety. I dunno if anyone ever called animal control on those neighbors, but they sure as hell should have.

To this day, I flinch when I hear loud barking dogs and while I don't have what I would call a crippling fear of big dogs, I am very skittish around them (which doesn't help, I know).

But this is the cute thread, not the childhood traumas thread, so have some goats in coats (well, technically, sweaters).

And a goat that floats:

These goats are so smug about how cute they are in their little jumpers :3:

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

No floof dogs, but I can contribute to:

Bored posted:

Everybody should get to have a dog look at them with such adoration at least once in their lives.

This is Alfie. His three loves in life are tennis balls, the person who throws tennis balls and chicken dinners. If you're willing to throw a ball for him, you are his best friend forever (until someone else throws the ball).

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

When they get sad they turn into a melon collie

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

dismas posted:

People keep mentioning giant floofdogs but not posting them :colbert:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/Kekeflipnote/status/1018946682103492609

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
https://i.imgur.com/a2b9sWJ.mp4

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

https://i.imgur.com/977TUQ4.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/jP6nykS.mp4

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

https://imgur.com/pxFBbS5

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I want an infestation of goblins.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

BRB, gotta go build one of these for my cat.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Hey cute thread, my sister has a serious case of the sad brains and I'm showing her this thread to try and cheer her up a little before we can see a doctor. Can I request some military-grade puppy cuteness? If they're wrinkly that would be a plus.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
https://m.imgur.com/r/aww/ZDQMLw9

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

BRB, gotta go build one of these for my cat.

I gotta figure out how to build one out of cardboard. I have so much cardboard saved to create cat furniture.

Bored has a new favorite as of 00:02 on Jul 17, 2018

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

DrSnakeLaser posted:

Hey cute thread, my sister has a serious case of the sad brains and I'm showing her this thread to try and cheer her up a little before we can see a doctor. Can I request some military-grade puppy cuteness? If they're wrinkly that would be a plus.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/a2A2PTe.mp4

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1018581053471166464

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Tony Gunk posted:

I like big poofy dogs--like if I'm around a Pyr or a Saint Bernard or a Bernese Mountain dog, I will give them a big ol' hug and scroof that floof until the cows come home.

Around things like Mastiffs, though? They just don't look friendly.

I don't have any pictures, but a work buddy I used to know had a mastiff. Dog was big enough his daughter could ride him like a horse. Incredibly gentle and sweet doggo. Just wanted people to give him scritches as he lumbered past. I'm sure some are assholes, but at least that one was a sweetheart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kender
Dec 15, 2000
Forum Veteran

muscles like this! posted:

I want an infestation of goblins.

New plan - steal this house, girlfriend gets Bowie, I'll do Connoly and we re-enact most of Labyryth