Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
That's fair. I guess that's just my damage as someone who's not an anime watcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I wonder if the titan arm could jiggle earth into a higher orbit and counteract global warming.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Jasper will be the next gem after the Nephrites to be healed, only to spend the next two or three episodes coming to grips with Rose being PD all along. Maybe she winds up being bubbled again, maybe she decides to walk the earth universe for the rest of the show.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Maybe Jasper could never understand why a real "winner" of a gem like a diamond would ever stoop so low as to become a Rose Quartz, and then a Steven. She'd just turn up her nose and leave were it not for the fact that Steven would hypothetically have a hand in her restoration. Or she'd be messed up, demanding to know why and just not understanding at all.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Comedy answer: between realising that Steven is PD's true heir and also healed Jasper, she pledges loyalty to Steven, it gets awkward.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
And Lapis leaves again because Jasper's hanging around.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Lapis and Peridot build a beach house on the moon.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Lapis then builds a beach on the moon.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Bismuth and Peridot fuse and the result is Bloodstone

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Comedy answer: between realising that Steven is PD's true heir and also healed Jasper, she pledges loyalty to Steven, it gets awkward.

I'm hoping for this as it's the most interesting path

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

It just occurred to me, Steven could have Pink's palanquin moved to the beach to serve as a temporary beach house.

And when the actual beach house is rebuilt Lapis and Peridot can use the palanquin as a barn :v:

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
lapis and peridot move into the big donut, hanging out with mr dewey as they watch and comment on old vhs tapes in the breakroom

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

RZApublican posted:

It just occurred to me, Steven could have Pink's palanquin moved to the beach to serve as a temporary beach house.

And when the actual beach house is rebuilt Lapis and Peridot can use the palanquin as a barn :v:

Build a house on the palanquin platform and have a mobile oppression palace type setup.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ages posted:

lapis and peridot move into the big donut, hanging out with mr dewey as they watch and comment on old vhs tapes in the breakroom

Would totally watch a Lapis/Peridot mst3k style spinoff.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Now that the diamonds seem to have accepted Steven and are listening, they're gonna end the war and expansionist policy and Jasper is gonna be the Japanese holdout on some godforsaken pacific island still fighting WW2 in the 70s

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

shame on an IGA posted:

Now that the diamonds seem to have accepted Steven and are listening, they're gonna end the war and expansionist policy and Jasper is gonna be the Japanese holdout on some godforsaken pacific island still fighting WW2 in the 70s

Leaked scene from next season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBuvRk1thQ

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Actually wouldn't be surprised if the next arc has Steven hash out a truce with the Diamonds in some way, though I imagine there's probably another big twist/conflict waiting in the wings, likely involving White Diamond. This show isn't the type for anticlimax like you'd expect from Venture Bros.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

White Diamond, defeated but spared by Steven: Maybe this is a sign...maybe I should change. Maybe this is my second...and last chance. Maybe...maybe I was wrong.

*somber pause*

White Diamond: ...NAH!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

He just keeps singing until he gets what he wants.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Funky Valentine posted:

White Diamond, defeated but spared by Steven: Maybe this is a sign...maybe I should change. Maybe this is my second...and last chance. Maybe...maybe I was wrong.

*somber pause*

White Diamond: ...NAH!

Then, decades later, Steven goes to Hell to recruit her for a tournament arc.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Jasper's gonna get that loving boat.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Would unironically love a Tournament Arc.

Don't tease me with a good time.

Alternatively a Jojo Arc

http://ethicsbustercatastrophe.tumblr.com/post/145809157381/leileidraws-steven-universe-x-jotaro-kujo

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Infinitum posted:

Alternatively a Jojo Arc

http://ethicsbustercatastrophe.tumblr.com/post/145809157381/leileidraws-steven-universe-x-jotaro-kujo

Pink Diamond is Unbreakable

(He even has healing powers)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Stardust Crusaders would actually be a perfectly fine name for the star-themed Crystal Gems.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zerilan posted:

Lapis was also the one forcing the fusion to stay together and at the bottom of the ocean, and iirc admitted to liking the power she felt in keeping Jasper trapped with her.

Yeah, I think the crew was pretty explicit about Malachite being a metaphor for toxic relationships with mutually abusive partners rather than one just being a helpless victim of another. Lapis even agreed to the fusion as a way of taking control of Jasper even though it was a terrible idea.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
How would you guys react if Lapis x Jasper became a thing for real towards the endgame? Like after having Steven therapy and learning how to deal with their respective problems, they reform into a mentally healthy Malachite.

Would this be a healthy positive message about the potential for change or would it be a horrible message that encourages people to stick it through abuse?

Also, another Diamond dream last night. Yellow (who is on Earth with Blue and the CGs) casually name drops White while arguing to Blue about something regarding Homeworld's policies. Something along the lines of White calling the shots and the other Diamonds essentially having no choice but to carry out her whims. Yellow was saying White has been making increasingly bad/haughty/dangerous decisions. Blue was obviously distressed and relunctant to admit her feelings regarding White's decline but later said she agreed with Yellow.

Steven was with Yellow the whole time. Apparently they've bonded because she tells him everything (like shopping w/ mom when she's feeling gossipy), it was really cute actually.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Woah gently caress no, Jasper and Lapis should never fuse again. dang.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Show: [Thing] is awful and bad and it’s a good thing for everyone that it’s not around anymore.

Fans: MORE OF THAT THING, NOW! :downs:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Show: [Thing] is awful and bad and it’s a good thing for everyone that it’s not around anymore.

Fans: MORE OF THAT THING, NOW! :downs:

I disagree, nobody asked for more Lars. :colbert:

Except me

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
I'd like to see fusions develop as the relationships they represent do. I always imagined Alexandrite getting less monstrous as the gems get more and more mature. Lapis and Jasper are bad for each other though.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Alexandrite should get more monstrous if anything. Mouths everywhere, more sunglasses.

For the record I don't think Lapis and Jasper should be a thing or fuse, I can just see them trying to do an arc like that or something similar and I was curious as to how we'd all feel about that.

And the feeling is ick.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Happy Underpants posted:

I'd like to see fusions develop as the relationships they represent do. I always imagined Alexandrite getting less monstrous as the gems get more and more mature. Lapis and Jasper are bad for each other though.

Alexandrite certainly clashes less now than she did in her first appearance. She's still a technicolor mess, but a little less so than Fusion Cuisine Alexandrite.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I kind of want to see Steven, Connie and Amethyst fuse together - they are basically Steven's closest allies right now, with Connie fighting alongside him and Amethyst being the Gem he trusts the most.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Alexandrite certainly clashes less now than she did in her first appearance. She's still a technicolor mess, but a little less so than Fusion Cuisine Alexandrite.

Kind of ruined in that now she's the series Worf: kicked around to show the EXTREME THREAT LEVEL.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Not quite a fusion but I want to see Pearl kiss a woman.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Pearl is an established chick magnet, after all.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Plant MONSTER. posted:

How would you guys react if Lapis x Jasper became a thing for real towards the endgame? Like after having Steven therapy and learning how to deal with their respective problems, they reform into a mentally healthy Malachite.

Would this be a healthy positive message about the potential for change or would it be a horrible message that encourages people to stick it through abuse?
It would be a horrible message that teaches people to stick it through abuse. I think it's really worth remembering that as a kid's show, Steven Universe does a really good job of discussing emotional issues. This is a really bad lesson for the audience.

Honestly, I feel like a Lapis and Peridot relationship would be pretty important for any actual Jasper redemption arc. Lapis wanting to be with Peridot over Jasper is a living example of how hosed up Jasper's hierarchical world view is. It doesn't matter if Jasper is stronger than

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Infinitum posted:

Alternatively a Jojo Arc

Pearl Ocean :colbert:

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Just caught up last night. After Reunion ended and Love like you started up at "...I always thought I might be bad, now I'm sure that it's true...." that made me think of it in the context of Yellow Diamond and Blue Diamond with Pink diamond, and now that song has made me melancholy thinking about the dynamics of yet another relationship between characters in that show.
There was so much good stuff (the best of course being Peridot as a flower girl), but I feel like the biggest gut-punch for me was the part where Steven saw Yellow Diamond's inner thoughts. It one thing to know that she hides a lot of her feelings with anger and a kind of self-assured workaholicism, but it's really terrible to know that deep down she blamed herself for Pink Diamond's shattering.

Catalina fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

Catalina posted:

Just caught up last night. After Reunion ended and Love like you started up at "...I always thought I might be bad, now I'm sure that it's true...." that made me think of it in the context of Yellow Diamond and Blue Diamond with Pink diamond, and now that song has made me melancholy thinking about the dynamics of yet another relationship between characters in that show.
There was so much good stuff (the best of course being Peridot as a flower girl), but I feel like the biggest gut-punch for me was the part where Steven saw Yellow Diamond's inner thoughts. It one thing to know that she hides a lot of her feelings with anger and a kind of self-assured workaholicism, but it's really terrible to know that deep down she blamed herself for Pink Diamond's shattering.

She needs to be blamed for a lot more. By an intergalactic war crimes court before she's locked up forever, that is. It doesn't really matter what her own feelings are because she's slaughtered probably trillions of sapient lives at a minimum