Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

When is the patch going live with the mk14 nerf etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Well they just backed off the bans so victory for the racists I guess.

Edit: or not? They may just be discussing the mute thing I dunno. All I know is someone drops racist poo poo in chat a ban is basically the best thing. Muting them doesn't punish the behavior it just seals it in a bubble with all the rest of the toxicity

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 14, 2018

Orv
May 4, 2011
I actually got to play against one of the vile shitheads I complained about a couple nights ago again last night, somehow he hadn't been banned. But the new bans had made him shut his awful bullshut down except for the occasional "ez". It ain't hardly a win but it was nice seeing him fume and try and dig around in his idiot racist vocabulary for something inventive when we pointed it out.

||TTTTTTTT|| for reference, though I doubt anyone else will run into him.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ZeusCannon posted:

I'm really enjoying the PEOPLE SHOULD JUST BE ABLE TO MUTE OTHERS. I SHOULD FACE NO CONSEQUENCES FOR MY STUPID lovely OPINIONS I BLARE OUT CONSTANTLY.

these people really want the ability to create bubbles so they can continue being assholes and still play the game. So glad Ubi isn't doing that

safe spaces etc.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Jack Trades posted:

To counteract the kneejerk reaction somewhat: that's a test server thing, for you know, testing.

but isn’t it like “integration and deployment test” and not “design and community feedback” test?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Also all games should just do what dota does and segregate all the racists and toxic players to their own matching queue that intentionally takes longer to find games and only plays a mode that removes all choice from what character you can play

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
24/7 Bartlett hell queue

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Make a toxic racist/homophobic Cheater only queue please

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Orv posted:

I actually got to play against one of the vile shitheads I complained about a couple nights ago again last night, somehow he hadn't been banned. But the new bans had made him shut his awful bullshut down except for the occasional "ez". It ain't hardly a win but it was nice seeing him fume and try and dig around in his idiot racist vocabulary for something inventive when we pointed it out.

||TTTTTTTT|| for reference, though I doubt anyone else will run into him.

I played against this guy too, lots of homophobic slurs now!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

ZeusCannon posted:

Well they just backed off the bans so victory for the racists I guess.

Edit: or not? They may just be discussing the mute thing I dunno. All I know is someone drops racist poo poo in chat a ban is basically the best thing. Muting them doesn't punish the behavior it just seals it in a bubble with all the rest of the toxicity

It's not a victory for racists. They launched an insta-ban word filter without saying anything about it. We have no idea what words get you banned aside from the obvious

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Fart Car '97 posted:

I disagree with the notion that people should be persecuted because of their opinions and furthermore

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Fart Car '97 posted:

Isn't this working out for CSGO? I mean it's still CS but I heard it's been a net positive

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I still say that's too good. Don't give them a forum for like minded dipshits to meet even if it is a form of digital hell.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mae posted:

I played against this guy too, lots of homophobic slurs now!

Oh good. :commissar:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I will single handedly take credit for Hard bouncing because I poo poo on the Outbreak packs real hard because gently caress a blind box microtransaction.

I will buy season passes until the cows come home but Ubisoft got real clever and cashed out BIG on all of the accumulated goodwill they earned with their mtx model up until Outbreak, where they tried to convince everyone they were the nice guys by offering "no repeats" but filling the loot pool with 80$ worth of packs of absolute trash

The summer packs are way easier to swallow but outbreak was a slap in the face with a grippy black tactical fingerless glove

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That whole season was a giant middle finger to their community. That's when they turned off the prices for all the base ops + gun attachments without refunding anyone, too, right?

But don't worry, Hard left way before that. I think it was around Operation Health.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

They also tried to raise the price of the game by 20$ by including a VALUE ADD of 10 outbreak packs :rolleyes:, doubled down on the Starter Edition instead of putting an anti tank round fired from an offshore railgun into it's head, and released Finka as an op.

It was a disappointing season, yeah

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Don't forget the lovely 4-week game mode replacing a new map for the season before promptly disappearing forever.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Don't forget the lovely 4-week game mode replacing a new map for the season before promptly disappearing forever.

here's another thing.

Everyone with a bit of knowledge on how map making works understands it is an arduous process. Pre-production design, asset creation, texturing, testing, the whole thing takes so long it is planned out well in advance.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that they used time during Operation Health to make the four (?) Outbreak maps, which were each much larger than any PvP map and had to work with zombie AI. In addition to grifting the people who bought a year 2 pass on one season without a Polish map, they also didn't add a map or rework one for outbreak, in addition to charging for blind box poo poo.

It feels like the past year Ubi have been squeeeezing Siege as much as they can behind the scenes. The game is good despite them doing this though don't get me wrong, it's just like that old adage "we balanced them wrong as a joke"

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I have to wonder how true "We're not making a sequel and will support the game for years still" really is.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

I think it's inevitable that they'll do the fighting game sequel thing, where when the meta is at the tipping point of being waaaay to hard to balance or even learn, they'll take the "greatest hits" operators and maps and release a new, trimmed-at-the-corners game. It's really hard to predict if that scenario will happen, but ubi definitely has a plan for both "100 operators!" and "Siege 2: Bandit's Electric Boogaloo"

Is "X" 2: electric boogaloo still funny ?? Nvm don't answer

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Cant wait for year 10 ops where guns are the outdated playstyle compared to the battlefield of the mind.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Penpal posted:

It feels like the past year Ubi have been squeeeezing Siege as much as they can behind the scenes. The game is good despite them doing this though don't get me wrong, it's just like that old adage "we balanced them wrong as a joke"

Siege is undoubtedly Ubisoft's top microtransaction farm at this point. They're absolutely milking it until it chafes, and then some. They make more money off MTX than game sales so I have no doubt they'll see it through to 100 ops, each with 10 funny hats and 1,000 gun skins.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
it ruins my immersion if i don't have to pay extra for totally optional yet cool looking shoes

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Penpal posted:

I think it's inevitable that they'll do the fighting game sequel thing, where when the meta is at the tipping point of being waaaay to hard to balance or even learn, they'll take the "greatest hits" operators and maps and release a new, trimmed-at-the-corners game.

Honestly, I wouldn't even mind that as long as they balance the maps for all the operators (some pre GEO maps still don't have any good Mira spots at all for example) and maybe introduce some new gameplay mechanics as well.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Thief posted:

it ruins my immersion if i don't have to pay extra for totally optional yet cool looking shoes

:same:

tjones
May 13, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't even mind that as long as they balance the maps for all the operators (some pre GEO maps still don't have any good Mira spots at all for example) and maybe introduce some new gameplay mechanics as well.

What maps? I'm trying to think of any that might, besides some objectives not being practical for a Mirra setup, I'm failing to think of any.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

tjones posted:

What maps? I'm trying to think of any that might, besides some objectives not being practical for a Mirra setup, I'm failing to think of any.

Yacht has like, only one objective where you can put a useful black mirror and not instantly get owned.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

The amount of people crying because they can't type nibba is depressing

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Welcome to 2018

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

I am thinking that with 100 operators they WILL have to restrict some ops to be playable only on certain maps. It's the only way the balance can stay in one place the game at all and their workforce doesn't need to expand expotentially every time they want to relase a new op or a map.
This even opens the possibilities for some niche abilities, working on some maps and not others, and doesn't overload you with having to pick from 50 operators in a 10 second time window :v: cause God knows they are pretty adamant with the pick times.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
if they think there will ever be that many operators then they better get cracking on fixing the dogshit UI first

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I have to wonder how true "We're not making a sequel and will support the game for years still" really is.

This isn't an EA game, so probably pretty true.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Penpal posted:

The amount of people crying because they can't type nibba is depressing

I didn't know nibba was even a word until I read this thread. I guess being an eurogoon swaps trash talking from the colonies with some cyka blyat from russians.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Yacht has like, only one objective where you can put a useful black mirror and not instantly get owned.

mira actually owns on every map and in yacht she lets you cover the long halls near kitchen and do some really goofy but effective off-site setup

she is a smoke tier defender in that i honestly don't think she is ever a bad pick

Penpal posted:

here's another thing.

Everyone with a bit of knowledge on how map making works understands it is an arduous process. Pre-production design, asset creation, texturing, testing, the whole thing takes so long it is planned out well in advance.

the craziest thing about this is that they claimed they weren't doing a new map because of memory limits when in reality they were making 3 highly detailed maps wiith unique assets that had no intention of being turned into actual PvP environments even though it would have ruled to have something a bit more open/spreadout in the casual rotation

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

And they were wrong as gently caress.

tjones
May 13, 2005
And they added back the maps they took out of rotation (that they never actually removed from the game) due to Data Limits (tm).

Edit: Sorry, I think favela is still out of casual rotation? You can play it in thunt I think.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

yes, the 2nd best map in the game known as favela is still available in T hunt

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Thief posted:

the craziest thing about this is that they claimed they weren't doing a new map because of memory limits when in reality they were making 3 highly detailed maps wiith unique assets that had no intention of being turned into actual PvP environments even though it would have ruled to have something a bit more open/spreadout in the casual rotation

Can you imagine 10 person Deathmatch/gun game on the Outbreak maps? My heart won't stop beating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

How's Smoke for a newbie compared to my usual Mute/Kapkan/Rook?