Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Remember the reports that Triple H was seen negotiating with Hogan that people tried to blow off as planted by Hogan and WWE had no real interest in him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I don’t wanna be a Jerky McJerk but I think Hogan is a real crum bum.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I wonder how WWE's sponsors feel about this

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

But there's no way Bryan will ever re-sign with WWE!!!

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Smoking Crow posted:

Screw them, what does r/SquaredCircle think about this?? :ohdear:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1018586764359839744

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

I made the same face when I read this.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

Rehabbing the rep of racist old white people is like the thing to do at the moment.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

what is with these hateful people always preaching love

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So hey, am I wrong for thinking that putting aside however you feel about Hogan being a racist leathery old ghoul, he's not worth any loving money in 2018?

Like, in what way is Hulk Hogan going to draw money or affect ratings at all? Maybe he'll pop a rating on Raw once.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

So hey, am I wrong for thinking that putting aside however you feel about Hogan being a racist leathery old ghoul, he's not worth any loving money in 2018?

Like, in what way is Hulk Hogan going to draw money or affect ratings at all? Maybe he'll pop a rating on Raw once.

Hogan merchandise will always sell. They want him as a brand ambassador more than anything though.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

VJeff posted:

If Cena can do a 5-minute job to Undertaker he can do a 5-minute job to Hogan

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Hulkster's spine is constructed out of all sorts of exotic space-age materials, brother. He's got a few more legdrops left in him, dude.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/hulkhogan/status/814651587037634560?lang=en

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

VJeff posted:

Those beach shops he runs in Orlando and Tampa have been doing excellent business ever since they opened and I guarantee new official Hulk merch and Network specials would be a net plus for the company

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that WWE has run the numbers and think that the guy who was the face of the company for a solid decade during its expansion into a global superpower will probably be received warmly by the audience of 2018 even after the sex tape and racism

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

VJeff posted:

Nostalgia pop at least for first appearance, and viewers will watch the next show to see if Hogan will show up at least?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Did he get the jet he wanted?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Vince McMahon puts celebrity rapists into Wrestlemania storylines and has employed drug addicts, accused domestic abusers and murderers but bringing back Hulk Hogan is unfathomable

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How was Hogan suspended from the HOF but this man never was?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAMsjMMc7rc

TV Zombie posted:

No Daniel No...is what I'm saying from my selfish perspective in wanting him to leave the company that ignored the fan opinion of him for so long...and from a wish to see him in NJPW.

I would assume that Bryan would rather make more money and not work in Japan away from his family. I am surprised he is going to resign and have a full time schedule, because based on interviews it seems he doesn't like being away from home for these full loops.

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder when fatigue will hit the crowd in this 12 match extravaganza. Has NJPW put out this long a card?

I went to MITB. I didn't feel like there was fatigue watching the whole thing. People left during the Reigns match to get food/bathroom in droves, and if they put that on as the main event, people will just leave early.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
One silly rumor was that Daniel bought his new house because it's located near an airport that flies to Japan

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Rumor has it that Macho Man Randy Savage's corpse is buried on US soil.

I have it on good authority that he might be dug up and make a special appearance tonight at the Exreme Rules PPV! The extreme-ness of the PPV will be cranked up several notches as a result.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish I could get bothered by Hogan stuff, but eh...this sums it up.

CubsWoo posted:

Vince McMahon puts celebrity rapists into Wrestlemania storylines and has employed drug addicts, accused domestic abusers and murderers but bringing back Hulk Hogan is unfathomable

Also Nostalgia is the greatest drug of all.

I kind of wonder what the age spread of most posters here are? I’m not saying it invalidates a view or anything, just if it might soften or hardens people’s view based on how much they watched of peak Hulk.

Granted that includes WCW which I never watched.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

I question putting that amount of confidence and hope in wrestling fans

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Wait hold up...what does suspending Hulk Hogan from the Hall of Fame for a limited time actually do? Like...no royalties? Or is it as useless as I feel it to be?

And I hope Daniel Bryan gets use of Vince's facilities and to wrestle. But a 2 year deal means he won't be champion. But maybe good money for the family. Perhaps if lucky he negotiated he's part time and can do other stuff too.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gatts posted:

Wait hold up...what does suspending Hulk Hogan from the Hall of Fame for a limited time actually do? Like...no royalties? Or is it as useless as I feel it to be?

And I hope Daniel Bryan gets use of Vince's facilities and to wrestle. But a 2 year deal means he won't be champion. But maybe good money for the family. Perhaps if lucky he negotiated he's part time and can do other stuff too.

I don't think Bryan particularly cares if he is a champion as long as he gets to wrestle

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
That'll liven up extreme rules, the show with 8 Normal Rules matches.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/1018596473242411008

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Andrast posted:

I don't think Bryan particularly cares if he is a champion as long as he gets to wrestle

In his book he was pretty disappointed anytime he wasn't champ. Not being on mania and getting extremely tiny amounts of tv time bugged him more tho.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I always wondered what is the overall view on whether Verne made that over being true or just Shieky making it up?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
can like, one thing, go the way we want. can one aspect of this company go in the right direction. can we get one thing. one.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Baron Corbin posted:

can like, one thing, go the way we want. can one aspect of this company go in the right direction. can we get one thing. one.

Monkey paw finger curls.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Baron Corbin posted:

They got rid of Cass. That's the one thing you get for the year.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

The one feud I never want to end.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Saint Freak posted:

you're right. i retract my earlier statement

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blaise330 posted:

The one feud I never want to end.

Death will not end that one.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Gotta love this company, normalizing the torture and execution of LGBTQ people and the suppression of women by the Saudis as "progressive" now bringing back Hulk "I hate n*****s" Hogan. But hey gotta keep giving them ten bucks a month for quality programming like Extreme Rules!!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

I guess last year was Enzo. Maybe 2019 will be Dolph? Gotta stay positive.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Sorry I'm using next year's wish to bring back that dope WM ramp.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Make Ramp Snake come back god drat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
maybe hogan is hosting summerslam

• Locked thread