Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hello friends I'm doing the prediction game now here is the link to the form

https://goo.gl/forms/5FEGlm9GkHpLC6AI3

Answers are due by 1PM EST on Sunday

I don't have any bonus points for you to post in the thread because I'm too lazy to calculate those but hey let's talk about our favorite extreme WWE moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I appreciate you doing this, but it says I have to login to fill out the form which I'm not gonna do - is there a way to turn that off?

As for favorite WWE memories, even to this day very little beats this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KybuIy0wKXk

:hellyeah:

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I don't know if I've ever heard a louder sports crowd then when that glass breaks its this incredible eruption of noise.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Jerusalem posted:

As for favorite WWE memories, even to this day very little beats this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KybuIy0wKXk

:hellyeah:

That crowd man. Incredible.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

I appreciate you doing this, but it says I have to login to fill out the form which I'm not gonna do - is there a way to turn that off?

Yeah I turned it off. I usually put that on by default since everyone in the world has gmail and it helps limit spam responses.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Edge vs Undertaker, Hell in a Cell, Summerslam 2008

gently caress it's so good

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
who won the last one anyway

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah I turned it off. I usually put that on by default since everyone in the world has gmail and it helps limit spam responses.

Thanks! :)

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Raskolnikov38 posted:

who won the last one anyway

There wasn't one for MITB.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
no I mean the whole shebang that golashes was running

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Raskolnikov38 posted:

no I mean the whole shebang that golashes was running

He might not have actually tabulated scores.

Also full disclosure on scoring: Pre-show matches are 3, main show matches are 5, Top three matches (by my own criteria) are 10 with the top match (again, my own criteria) getting a further 5 to make it 15. I plan on using this system for every PPV.

Bonus questions and values will have no set criteria and are basically if I think of a cool one and what I think is a reasonable point value based on where I have the match.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

According to current corporate WWE guidelines and storyline structure, there are no longer nor have there ever been any extreme moments in a WWE scripted entertainment based exhibition.

But Owen Hart falling to his death on ppv was pretty extreme.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If Ronda attempts to attack someone but is unsuccesful in getting her hands on them, does that count as attacking that person(s) or neither?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

When you miss with an attack in pokemon you still lose PP so it's still an attack.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

IcePhoenix posted:

When you miss with an attack in pokemon you still lose PP so it's still an attack.

I'm taking a gamble with KO here, but I mean, he's been spending the whole feud honing his "escape Braun Strowman's wrath" skills to a fine edge. So far he's been unsuccessful, but I think he can run away from him just this once.

ALTERNATE, WISHED FOR ENDING:

Braun leaves the cage by lifting it up partway and crawling under.

EDIT

Actually, combine these two. Braun knocks the poo poo out of Kevin for a good while, spends a good bit of time wandering to the side of the cage and prepping his breathing/etc being prepared to lift the cage, does so, and Owens springs awake and darts underneath.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I won the last one

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't have any bonus points for you to post in the thread because I'm too lazy to calculate those but hey let's talk about our favorite extreme WWE moments.

"RING THE BELL?! IT'S NO DQ! RING THE BELL?! THERE'S NO BELL TO RING!"

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

My favorite moment was when Bayley went into a "hit your opponent with a stick" match with Alexa Bliss but once there decided she is too moral to hit her opponent with a stick. She was then hit with a stick and pinned.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Xerzes posted:

My favorite moment was when Bayley went into a "hit your opponent with a stick" match with Alexa Bliss but once there decided she is too moral to hit her opponent with a stick. She was then hit with a stick and pinned.

AFTER she suplexed her opponent outside the ring.

In no loving universe is a kendo stick more dangerous than that. Even on a padded floor, Jesus Christ.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I haven't watched a single thing WWE since the last ppv but i guessed anyway

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Petit Gregory posted:

"RING THE BELL?! IT'S NO DQ! RING THE BELL?! THERE'S NO BELL TO RING!"

"YOU DID THIS!"

Thanks for doing this dude. Sent in my answers some time ago. My favorite extreme moment in recent history was Dean's HIAC entrance against Seth. It was all downhill from there though.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I'm trying to think Extreme moments that ruled for me as a young WWE fan in 2006/7; it was probably seeing a pirated version of Awesome/Tanaka from ONS 05 (which for a long time was my favorite PPV)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That one Rhyno/Raven match from, like Backlash 01, that ended up being the best thing on the card somehow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xerzes posted:

It was better than that.

Bayley was winning without using the stick, but when she went for it she hesitated then got speared down and beaten after Alexa took it from her.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It was literally like they looked at Cena's WM match with Bray and thought "How can we remove every possible way that made John look cool and strong?".

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
im ready to be very bad at guessing wwe booking again

that hell in a cell with the new day and the usos ruled, does that count as extreme rules? they made a singapore cane prison, it was buckwild

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

shiksa posted:

im ready to be very bad at guessing wwe booking again

that hell in a cell with the new day and the usos ruled, does that count as extreme rules? they made a singapore cane prison, it was buckwild

I said favorite extreme moments not extreme rules moments so hell yeah it counts!

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
My favorite extreme moment was Sami Zayn raising a bunch of money for Syria.

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

A favorite extreme moment was the Big Boss Man vs Steve Blackman.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol I forgot to make the username a required question

shoutout to the two of you that didn't fill it out

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Link to spreadsheet of responses, if you feel like seeing how everyone else did

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
oh cool didnt see the due date and i figured it was fine before the PPV like every other time its been done by anyone so i did it at like 5. RIP this year doing prediciton games i guess

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MotU posted:

oh cool didnt see the due date and i figured it was fine before the PPV like every other time its been done by anyone so i did it at like 5. RIP this year doing prediciton games i guess

You could just...submit before the deadline next time :confused:

Also as for why it's earlier...look at the percentage of people that picked the B-Team before the cutoff time and what percentage picked them after.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
e- wrong thread. sorry. SOORRRRRYYYYYY.

Supreme Allah fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 16, 2018

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

give everyone who put their stuff in before sunday 20 extra points so that i can get 20 points. this is important

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

IcePhoenix posted:

You could just...submit before the deadline next time :confused:

Also as for why it's earlier...look at the percentage of people that picked the B-Team before the cutoff time and what percentage picked them after.

im just used to it being 'anytime before the show officially starts' for 2 years

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think you'll live.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Aphrodite posted:

I think you'll live.

literally dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You're all under arrest for the murder of MotU Animeson. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak to me?

• Locked thread