Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
drat brotherman, Opies new podcast has really made it big!

He's doing an hour long taping at the Nantucket Comedy Festival this Saturday!

It's a free event!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
DiPaolos podcast came up live when I opened up YouTube yesterday. Stopped after 5 minutes because liberals are retarded and something about someone getting in trouble for using the n word. So, nothing unexpected.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

a bitchin jetski posted:

drat brotherman, Opies new podcast has really made it big!

He's doing an hour long taping at the Nantucket Comedy Festival this Saturday!

It's a free event!

lol no kidding

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

*sigh* If I told em once, I told em a hundred times; put Opie Radio first and Puppet Show last.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

ol yeller posted:

lol no kidding

holy gently caress lmao

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

The website for that festival says that Opie is first that day, then Comedy SmACKdown. No listing for a puppet show (or maybe, doubtfully, Puppet Show the band?).

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

empty baggie posted:

The website for that festival says that Opie is first that day, then Comedy SmACKdown. No listing for a puppet show (or maybe, doubtfully, Puppet Show the band?).

Well gently caress there goes my "Great, I guess that means he's closing :downs:" response

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Uh not to defend the integrity of the Opie Radio podcast or anything, but that picture is obviously a photoshop

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ol yeller posted:

lol no kidding

lol

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Kevyn posted:

Uh not to defend the integrity of the Opie Radio podcast or anything, but that picture is obviously a photoshop

I find it completely believable though lol

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Kevyn posted:

its really funny

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

quote:

OUR HISTORY: The Nantucket Comedy Festival began in 2007 when professional stand-up comedian Kevin Flynn was devastated to learn that a rash of teen suicides had shaken the Nantucket community. Kevin knew there was healing power in laughter, so he set his heart on applying it to the tragedy-stricken island.

Oh boy.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
And they booked Opie to try to help?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The wacky comedy stylings of Spuds Buckley will help all those children bust out of their depression slumps.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

JFC posted:

And they booked Opie to try to help?

I hope none of those suicidal teens are going to be eating cake. :ohdear:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I wonder if Opie will poo poo on the beach while he’s there.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

TL posted:

I wonder if Opie will poo poo on the beach while he’s there.
making GBS threads on the unprepared was the only time he got to show his talent anyway

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Should the thread title be updated again to reflect Artie's departuer and Opie's reanimate corpse

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I need to listen to the handicapped Opie thing again

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
Whatever happened to Brother Joe v. Reddit? Is he still taking trolls to tv court?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

bigman.50grand posted:

Whatever happened to Brother Joe v. Reddit? Is he still taking trolls to tv court?

That episode was so great. He was ready to expose this big conspiracy.
The judge just said it wasn’t relevant and awarded him his fee because it was a contract dispute. She also added a “boy I really hope you aren’t any of these things he’s alleging.”

He is.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Fabricated posted:

I need to listen to the handicapped Opie thing again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Bo9mmbDTE

Not only is it funny, but hearing Opie getting increasingly annoyed makes it amazing.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
This page turner is sure to fly off the shelves!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
He needed TWO ghostwriters?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Kevyn posted:

Those aren't ghosts, they're Klan hoods.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

BrandonGK posted:

yikes

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

BrandonGK posted:

white aggrievement, everybody

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Nice natural looking dentures nana

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kevyn posted:

At least he got someone to do it, how many loving times has Opie promised a book and done poo poo all?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Ant's jokes are so dated and repetitive that his book cover calls back to "Gonna 'Electric Shock OJ", the thing that brought him and Pilot Fish Joe to Opie in the first place.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I imagine Opie is seething about Ant getting a book out first, hardly of what's actually in the book and the fact Opie had plenty of free time himself.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
...and Rise Again

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

“The Rise And Fall... And Continuous Downward Spiral” would be a more accurate and also more appealing subtitle

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Is Ant going to "rise again" before or after the South rises again?

YMMV, but running a home podcast on the dime of mouthbreathing racists and miscreants isn't exactly a meteoric redemption story.

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
Ellis is claiming he has quit radio but I assume someone at Sirius realized it isn't the early 2000s anymore so they fired him.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

a bitchin jetski posted:

Ellis is claiming he has quit radio but I assume someone at Sirius realized it isn't the early 2000s anymore so they fired him.

lol at getting replaced by Ron Bennington in tyool 2018

PatrickBateman
Jul 26, 2007

a bitchin jetski posted:

Please let this be true.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
more like dead dragons

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Oh man I hope that’s true, one of my friends just swiiiiiiings from Ellis’s nuts and nothing would make me happier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Oh man I hope that’s true, one of my friends just swiiiiiiings from Ellis’s nuts and nothing would make me happier

Anybody got anything concrete on this? My google-fu turns up nothing.