Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Is there a mod that labels locked doors, or at least makes it so you don't automatically open things you unlock? I've unlocked and walked through a few too many dungeon doors that just lead directly outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread so let's try again:

This might seem like a weird request but... are there any actually good workshop lighting mods?

I've tried a bunch and they're all just lovely omnidirectional lights that flood everything. Nobody seems to make just, like... directional spotlights that cast a decent way but don't massively blow out the lighting.

I could make settlements look so much better with just a few of them but I've found one pack, massively out of date, that contains one slanted spotlight, that can't be snapped to anything except some vault parts...

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Anyone have any impressions on Northern Springs?

https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-mod-northern-springs-introduces-snowbound-new-landmass-to-explore/

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

looks good thumbs up man

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Does anyone know what could be causing cells to reset instantly as soon as I leave the area? I am playing survival and its hard to resist the urge to loot the things I already looted. I also feel like I am playing farcry 2 again with enemy spawns.
here's my load order

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Berke Negri posted:

so in a like 60 hour playthrough ive been working through the past month this all of a sudden happened

that's the stairs in the prydwen and you could interact with the shack and it says its a part of warwick homestead, anyone else see something like this? first hiccup ive had with this save really and i am 99.9% sure it has something to do with sim settlements

someone on 4chan (yeah I know, sue me) had this happen to them https://imgur.com/ErUPfJu . Only at the entrance to the Railroad HQ, they blame Sim Settlements but no confirmation.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The latest patch for sim settlements supposedly fixes an issue with "items appearing at random rotations" in settlements, so it certainly seems to be doing something weird with objects.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

General Morden posted:

looks good thumbs up man

hahaha nice, I don't know what I expected, it is a Fallout mod after all

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

General Morden posted:

looks good thumbs up man

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Can anyone help me out? A computer glitch bricked my old Fallout 4 save and now I'm starting from scratch.

I use Nexus Mod Manager and the F4SE. Whenever I download a new mod, it gives me an error message to change fallout4custom.ini and fallout4prefs.ini and I've changed both of those and it makes no difference.

The vast majority of mods I install have no mesh unless they're copied directly from an in-game navmesh (like Extended Manufacturing), and a few of them turn purple. Wondering if anyone can help me out. The game itself runs just none of the mods unless there's already a navmesh for it.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

:monocle:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
drat Horizon is rough. I thought I built a water purifier but it chucks out dirty water. Ok I guess I need a resource management table. Oh I need a cargo bot to make that. Says I need a Robotics Lab right there in the documentation. Only I can't build that anywhere. I even found a YouTube video of a guy opening the menu and selecting it. Turns out l actually need a Tech Lab. I guess it changed at some point.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

drat Horizon is rough. I thought I built a water purifier but it chucks out dirty water. Ok I guess I need a resource management table. Oh I need a cargo bot to make that. Says I need a Robotics Lab right there in the documentation. Only I can't build that anywhere. I even found a YouTube video of a guy opening the menu and selecting it. Turns out l actually need a Tech Lab. I guess it changed at some point.

Get Better Cooking Stations and it should add a recipe where boiling dirty water makes purified water. Doesn't match the spirit of Horizon, but it should let you simulate your purifier actually working.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's already a thing in vanilla? I've played most of my survival playthrough with my only mod being that dirty water drops into workshops on the daily tick instead of purified.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I guess the mod author really wanted water to be difficult, but it's not that hard to distill some god drat drinkable water.

He had ideas, y'all.

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 15, 2018

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

If you have a filter and dirty water you get clean water at a campfire in horizon

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Chronojam posted:

If you have a filter and dirty water you get clean water at a campfire in horizon

I'm not sure if this is true anymore in 1.5; this is my first playthrough, and maybe I just didn't notice it, but I haven't seen any use for filters so far.

If you get purifiers running in your settlements they'll dump purified waters per day into your resource tables though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No you can still use them to make purified water, you just don't need them to build purifiers any more, which is a nice change.

You can boil dirty water to make sanitized water, which won't give you any diseases but is still radioactive, to take the radiation out of it, you need a filter. You also use filters to build improvements to gas masks.

To make purified water you either need filters, or you need to set up a proper water processing system. For that you need some kind of purifier, and a resource management table, as well as a tech lab. You use the tech lab to make the cargo bot (or find the one in the root cellar) and you also use it to make "maintenence kits" which are essentially a couple of tools and some clean bottles. The purifiers use kits to produce clean water over time.

Purifiers are quite easy to build now so you really just want to build a bunch of them and power them all up, then feed them a steady supply of tools and bottles and they'll churn out water for you. This is also a quite good way to make money because purified water sells quite well and a couple of tools will turn into six maintenence kits. You also get the bottles back if you craft with or drink them, you only have to make more if you want to expand your stockpile or sell them.

Another nice thing is that horizon will actually make "supply kits" for you each day now, but I'm not sure exactly how it works. I think it needs a combination of food and water surplus in your settlements and then it will produce supply kits. You can then use these to power the fast travel system, or you can use them to send out settlers on hunting missions to gather food for you. But basically once you get some settlements developed to the point you're producing a bunch of food and water, you basically get infinite free fast travel between any of them, which is very convenient.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 16, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I got Build High to expand the settlement boundaries dramatically, Increased Settler Population to build as big a town as I want, and Scrap Everything to clean up all the trash. It's made settlements absolutely bonkers. The borders for Sanctuary go to the opposite side of the bridge (directly bordering the Red Rocket borders) and up the hill to encompass the land around the Vault 111 entrance. Hangman's Alley now includes the bridge up to the drawbridge portion, the river road, and several blocks of the city including the partially flooded tunnel. I can turn Hangman's Alley into a full multi-level urban environment with proper streets and a tunnel full of shops given enough time and resources.

I also got mods to make Vault 111 and Concord settlements. That's 4 settlements with contiguous borders all in one area. With enough time, the northwest will be an absolute economic powerhouse.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 16, 2018

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

updating sim settlements from 3.3.0 to 3.3.1 and refreshing all my settlements appeared to fix most my issues. tenpines looked like a hurricane had blown through with all the weird angled/collapsed structures and stuff which would be almost a cool thing to come back to see if there was anyone out there that wanted real penalties for not responding to settlement attacks which i doubt

i also turned off scrap requirements for city upgrades and as a whole the mod works about like i expected. it'd gotten to the point where i have all the vanilla settlements with mayors and max or near-max populations and they were still sitting at just L0 even after a couple weeks of playing, even places like abernathy which was one of my first towns. now they just slowly upgrade on their own out of sight and out of mind without wondering why no one is contributing scrap for upgrades from industrial plots while some towns upgrade fine on their own, or why dumping 10,000 caps worth of scrap into the bin would only increase scrap collected by like 5%

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!
So with IDEK's Logistics Station, just how long am I supposed to wait before the building plan actually shows up in the list when I build an Industrial plot? Ran around for a few hours and it's still not showing up whenever I try to use it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

I also got mods to make Vault 111 and Covenant settlements. That's 4 settlements with contiguous borders all in one area. With enough time, the northwest will be an absolute economic powerhouse.

You mean... Concord?

Cos covenant isn't anywhere near there and also it's already a settlement afaik?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

You mean... Concord?

Cos covenant isn't anywhere near there and also it's already a settlement afaik?

Yes, Concord!

I just started adding Sim Settlements houses to Red Rocket and Abernathy (which I completely forgot was there). I'm structuring Red Rocket as a smaller settlement with a general store and a few houses for the staff and Abernathy as a full farming village that includes the valley in the back.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I installed All expanded Settlement (or something along those lines) because I wanted to be able to remove something that was juuust outside of Hangman's Alley. Once I removed the item, i deactivated the mod thinking everything was cool...

Turns out that it royally screwed my Starlight Drive-In settlement. I can't build it anymore. For some reason, the Workshop mode now only works inside the little shack with the workbench. As soon as I walk out of that shack, workshop mode gives me the 5 sec warning and closes.

Has anyone dealt with a similar issue? is there a way to fix this? I'm guessing if I reinstall the mod it will probably allow me but I don't want my settlements to be bigger than what the game usually allows. Otherwize the settlers in Hangman alley's walk on the main boardwalk (by the water) and get massacred by whatever random spawn appears there.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dalael posted:

Has anyone dealt with a similar issue? is there a way to fix this? I'm guessing if I reinstall the mod it will probably allow me but I don't want my settlements to be bigger than what the game usually allows. Otherwize the settlers in Hangman alley's walk on the main boardwalk (by the water) and get massacred by whatever random spawn appears there.

Build all your defenses there?

Also this mod has a patch for Build High. You might want to try fixing it by adding Build High to expand the settlement boundaries again and then applying More Attackers and the Build High patch to put the spawns outside the building zone.

Then do what I'm doing and turn Hangman's Alley into a full urban city.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Sim Settlements question: Sanctuary allowed me to build anything I wanted and all was good until the town leveled up, and now it says it's at max capacity so I can't manually add anything. This is an error, right? And if so, how do you fix it?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

WebDO posted:

Sim Settlements question: Sanctuary allowed me to build anything I wanted and all was good until the town leveled up, and now it says it's at max capacity so I can't manually add anything. This is an error, right? And if so, how do you fix it?

That is probably due to the polygon count of your settlement. Settlement have a max size but you can get around that by dropping some weapons on the ground, going into workshop mode, and picking them up by storing into your workshop. Be warn, any weapon you use that way will be lost and you won't have access to them anymore. It will lower your polygon count (the game thinks so anyways).

Here's how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzuuZKh1EnE&t=115s

*Edit: The guy says he has no idea how the game figures out how much the guns are worth, but my little 5 minute experiment shows that the more complex a gun is (in terms of what mods are on it) the more it lowers the polygon count.

*Further Edit: I'm not sure polygon is the right term. The trick works tho.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 16, 2018

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

WebDO posted:

Go into the Sim Settlements menu and increase the build limit. Be warned too much poo poo will probably make you crash (RIP my save with a level 2 Sanctuary)

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man
There's also a few mods that allow you to increase, or even do away with, that limit.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

If you don't want to mod, here's the console method:

Otacon posted:

The one I'm using now only seems to work when it wants to. I've been doing it the old fashioned way (with console hax)

When you go to a settlement open the console and then left click on the workbench - the main one used for building.

Enter these commands in the console:

getav 348 (This command returns the current number of triangles being drawn in the settlement.)

getav 34A (This command returns the current number of draw calls being made from the settlement.)

Then use these commands to modify the maximum value for the triangle and draw calls, respectively:

setav 349 <value> (double the value setav 348 returned)

setav 34B <value> (double the value setav 34A returned)

Note that the getav values are different than the setav values - this is normal.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

So I'm playing Horizon, and I noticed that power armor doesn't seem to increase my carry weight at all. In fact, since power armor ignores boni from regular armor (which I'm 90% sure is the case in vanilla as well), my carry weight drops by 110 every time I hop in. Is this a bug or a design decision?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Horizon removes as many of the stat modifiers from stuff as it can, so it may be intentional. You might be able to mod the armour to add in carry capacity? Not sure.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

It's a bug in the normal game, too. I'm using the Creation Club backpack which adds carryweight, as well as some deep-pockets modded armor. Once you jump into PA, the system removes your normal armor which also removes all associated boni. You could give this mod a shot: Carry More with Power Armor but it hasn't been updated in years, or by just ignoring power armor your entire game because despite looking cool it's actually bad.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

Riatsala posted:

So I'm playing Horizon, and I noticed that power armor doesn't seem to increase my carry weight at all. In fact, since power armor ignores boni from regular armor (which I'm 90% sure is the case in vanilla as well), my carry weight drops by 110 every time I hop in. Is this a bug or a design decision?

Power armor has always ignored armor/clothing stats. Craft some Calibrated Shocks for the legs and build a weight bench for a +1 Strength bonus if you don't want to make cargo bots

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh but yeah PA has indeed always stopped your clothes from doing anything, it's just I don't think PA grants you atuomatic +2 str any more.

Otacon posted:

It's a bug in the normal game, too. I'm using the Creation Club backpack which adds carryweight, as well as some deep-pockets modded armor. Once you jump into PA, the system removes your normal armor which also removes all associated boni. You could give this mod a shot: Carry More with Power Armor but it hasn't been updated in years, or by just ignoring power armor your entire game because despite looking cool it's actually bad.

Horizon actually enormously buffs how good you can make your power armour but makes it a huge resource sink in return. You can trick it out to be insanely protective even with low tier suits.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

theres also a good mod i forget the name of that alters the base stat boosts from Power Armor so that like, low strength characters get a significant boost from it, where highest strength characters get only a slight boost, that scales accordingly. Which i think is a lot better than how it works in vanilla. IIRC it also gives a small charisma boost

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Otacon posted:

I disagree on the power armor being bad. Sure it doesn't allow much stealth and disables your normal armor, but other than that its great. There's plenty of times i didn't feel like bothering with the stealth aspect. I jump in my X-01 and just walk in the place as if I'm Robocop in the first movie killing everything in sight without taking a scratch.

The power Armor is not bad, it's just a different playstyle.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

Thanks ya'll, I had forgotten that cargo bots exist in Horizon, and had stacked carry weight entirely on bags and armor mods, thus the huge difference. Still, I feel like upping carry weight in power armor makes complete immersive sense, so I don't see why the Horizon author would ever remove that.

As for the value of power armor in general, I'd say it's almost mandatory in Horizon in any synth mission unless you have a really good combat build, which I do not. I took a fully repaired good conditioned and moderately upgraded mixed suit of t-45/t-51 to Fort Hagan and was short both legs, an arm, 3 stimpacks and 9 bandages by the time I got out. Can't wait for the glowing sea!

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

There's a Horizon-friendly mod called Consistent Power Armor Overhaul which, IIRC, adds a modification for power armor to allow you to carry more poo poo.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
There a less buggy version of War for the Commonwealth? Absolutely love how crazy it makes the game but out of 60 mods it is the only one I see crashing my game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

There used to be a mod that made power armour pieces really rare, and reworked power armour a little. I can't remember what it is called, does anyone remember? I have tried searching on the nexus but it looks to mostly be space marine power armour reskins on there at the moment.