Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Cojawfee posted:

What the hell. Hulu doesn't have the All This and Gargantua 2 epilogue.

It renders the season 6 opening a bit confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
Yes it's confusing but if I recall that wasn't part of an aired episode, it was just a web clip.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Oh drat. I vaguely remembered 12 oz mouse being "not that bad" but looking at it now it's actually worse than I meant by "that bad".

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

12 oz. Mouse had an overarching plot in between all the bad art and random monkey cheese humor. The plot was also bad, however.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

FlamingLiberal posted:

That's a good question. I always felt like that show was some kind of practical joke to see what could get greenlit at AS with the least effort. Even for AS shows it's, uh, something.

Shoestring budget?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Looking on hulu now and season 6 ep 1 is all this and gargantua 2.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm glad we've moved past the era when it was cool to say 12 oz mouse was the best show on AS and if you didn't get it hey there's some nice simpsons reruns over on Fox, maaan.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Data Graham posted:

I'm glad we've moved past the era when it was cool to say 12 oz mouse was the best show on AS and if you didn't get it hey there's some nice simpsons reruns over on Fox, maaan.

The Simpsons was really good for eight-plus seasons.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mr. Nice! posted:

Looking on hulu now and season 6 ep 1 is all this and gargantua 2.

Yes, but they don't have the epilogue where they song the Crash Test Dummies at the funeral for JJ

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Yes, but they don't have the epilogue where they song the Crash Test Dummies at the funeral for JJ

That's because it wasn't a part of any episode and was just a teaser for seasons 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDRIMO7AL8U

Edit: I really need to a get a job and put my memory to good use instead of remembering esoteric venture bros minutia.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 17, 2018

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Awww that sucks. It has some nice moments and the only time we see Rusty go into Shock from happiness lol.

Edit: Pretty sure that epilogue aired right after the special.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shindragon posted:

Awww that sucks. It has some nice moments and the only time we see Rusty go into Shock from happiness lol.

Edit: Pretty sure that epilogue aired right after the special.

I think you're right, but it wasn't a part of the episode is all I was saying. It was made as a standalone teaser and was played in an advertising spot.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ah yeah true. Its weird too because the next season starts off with Rusty frozen in shock. Granted viewers would know why but I can see it a be bit confusing why it started there. Then I remembered that only a few minutes in and it doesn’t take long to figure out that Rusty inherited from his brother. It was a :smith: moment when Dean used his iPad and Jonas Jr voice is the google map navigator. Only times it show Rusty misses him.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think you're right, but it wasn't a part of the episode is all I was saying. It was made as a standalone teaser and was played in an advertising spot.

That’s the first time I’ve seen that and it’s amazing. I especially love the intro sequence at the end with Doc running past the boys and then stopping winded. I’ve watched the last 3 seasons on iTunes since I didn’t have cable so I never knew this clip existed.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Data Graham posted:

I remember that vividly. No you see it not being funny is the joke! Basically any of those types of AS shows had goons going "this is such genius!" as if they were being secretly made by Andy Kaufman. No, they were just dumb.

I also had a lot of issues with Tom Goes To Mayor, it was just an unpleasant show. Like anything to do with Tom's wife was horrible, or her children, and there were too many close up shots of something really gross for randoms sake. Like there was something about Tom passing out and they had to feed him cat food, and there was a close up shot some something smooshing cat food in their hands. Disgusting, not funny. I don't think I watched another episode for ages because of that. BUT there was something there that would come out when they did Awesome Show, Great Job! later.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I mean, if you're stoned enough I'm sure it is brilliant, and that was the prime AS demo at the time. And I guess now. But now it's for discerning stoners in their 30s.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

feedmyleg posted:

I mean, if you're stoned enough I'm sure it is brilliant, and that was the prime AS demo at the time.

was?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Edited too slow. Markup on mobile is hard.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

feedmyleg posted:

Edited too slow. Markup on mobile is hard.

if you're not using the app, it's really good.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Huh. I guess I'm still using some old-rear end app from years ago? I'll try the newer one, thanks.

e: yeah this is way better.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 17, 2018

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

twistedmentat posted:

I remember that vividly. No you see it not being funny is the joke! Basically any of those types of AS shows had goons going "this is such genius!" as if they were being secretly made by Andy Kaufman. No, they were just dumb.

I also had a lot of issues with Tom Goes To Mayor, it was just an unpleasant show. Like anything to do with Tom's wife was horrible, or her children, and there were too many close up shots of something really gross for randoms sake. Like there was something about Tom passing out and they had to feed him cat food, and there was a close up shot some something smooshing cat food in their hands. Disgusting, not funny. I don't think I watched another episode for ages because of that. BUT there was something there that would come out when they did Awesome Show, Great Job! later.

I had similar feelings with Tim and Eric Awesome Show. Everytime it started to get funny, somebody had to vomit or get diarrhea. Just...why?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Sounds like you could use some Shrim.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

RandallODim posted:

Sounds like you could use some Shrim.

It looks like you typed the word "shrimp."

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
New Forbes article has some info on the season:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robsalkowitz/2018/07/16/venture-bros-set-to-reward-fans-patience-with-rollicking-season-7-premier/

It's 10 episodes, the first three being a trilogy called The Morphic Trilogy which will supposedly tie up all the Blue Morpho stuff.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Awww, only ten?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
God drat I am so hyped. Anyone have a guess if this season will be on Hulu the next day?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm finishing up season 6. Despite the lack of an ending, this last episode is truly amazing. The fake ventures are hilarious. Phage as HELPeR is great.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robsalkowitz/2018/07/16/venture-bros-set-to-reward-fans-patience-with-rollicking-season-7-premier/

It's 10 episodes, the first three being a trilogy called The Morphic Trilogy which will supposedly tie up all the Blue Morpho stuff.

Isn’t it ‘Wide Wale’ as in the cloth, not ‘Wide Whale’?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Hedrigall posted:

Considering the abrupt ending of season 6 was because Doc and Publick didn't realise that Gargantua counted against their episode order, think of this more like 7 episode season... with the finale of the previous season immediately preceding it.

Though considering they had another season-worth of production to work on this ending, perhaps it wouldn't have been the expansive trilogy it became.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Cacafuego posted:

Yes. That's why it's so noisy when he walks.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Yes. That's why it's so noisy when he walks.

Foolish Forbes writer then, thanks for the confirmation. Also, Dr. Mrs. The Monarch hasn’t been Dr. Girlfriend for what 4 seasons and 12 years or something, right?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Forbes probably doesn't have anyone super into The Venture Bros. They probably just asked who had seen it before and had them watch a Season 6 highlight reel or something.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Cacafuego posted:

I knew there was a pun there but I didn't know what this was until now.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
God I forgot about the Spankiopita episode. This is St. Cloud is a douchebag in top tier form.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Shindragon posted:

God I forgot about the Spankiopita episode. This is St. Cloud is a douchebag in top tier form.

I love how he has the lamest possible rivalry with Billy and Pete. Even they're clearly sick of it after a few episodes. I don't think St. Cloud would have lasted long up against Dr. Quiym.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Are there any "bad" episodes of Venture Bros? This question comes up with a lot of shows. There were a few episodes that I dreaded coming up in my recent watch but actually didn't mind. I was totally intent on skipping Love Bheits because I hate Underbheit and I remembered hating the scenes where he tries to seduce Dean. But when I got around to watching it, it wasn't all that bad. I think there was one other episode, it might have been a St. Cloud centered one that I was kind of hoping would end. I just don't really like episodes about Billy or St. Cloud. I can see that they make very good arches for each other, and some great lines have come from it, but Billy is just really creepy to me.

^^ Why is Dr. Quymn always the first person that shows up in the guild catalog?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Cacafuego posted:

Yup also his and Sirena's last name is Ong so they're probably related to Dr Dugong, which might be one of the reasons why Monarch is on Wale's poo poo list

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

Yup also his and Sirena's last name is Ong so they're probably related to Dr Dugong, which might be one of the reasons why Monarch is on Wale's poo poo list

Wide Wale is Eugene Ong, the brother of Doug Ong, Dr. Dugong. They worked together on experiments with cuttlefish or something. Doug went protagonist, Eugene went antagonist.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Cojawfee posted:

Are there any "bad" episodes of Venture Bros? This question comes up with a lot of shows. There were a few episodes that I dreaded coming up in my recent watch but actually didn't mind. I was totally intent on skipping Love Bheits because I hate Underbheit and I remembered hating the scenes where he tries to seduce Dean. But when I got around to watching it, it wasn't all that bad. I think there was one other episode, it might have been a St. Cloud centered one that I was kind of hoping would end. I just don't really like episodes about Billy or St. Cloud. I can see that they make very good arches for each other, and some great lines have come from it, but Billy is just really creepy to me.

Dr Quym, Medicine Woman was a pretty bad episode

Also this is mostly my personal opinion, but I honestly really disliked most of Season 4 and a decent chunk of Season 5, things often got a fair amount darker and cynical than how I like the show to be(I'm probably one of the few people in this thread who doesn't like Operation PROM)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Cojawfee posted:

I just don't really like episodes about Billy or St. Cloud.

Eat the drat pennies already